Taylor Morrison Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 8, 2019
Upper management is more concerned with saving a buck or covering their own backs than anything else. They will throw customers and employees alike under the bus just to save some skin. Despite their claim of being a family and caring for their employees they have zero interest in that. They are dishonest and incompetent. I strongly encourage you look elsewhere for work.
Pros
Free food on occasion
Cons
Management. Work culture. Company Values.
Taylor Morrison
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 11, 2019
I so all starts. I started around 800 homes in 2018 alone. I have learned a lot here. The culture and coworkers are the best in the world. The compensation not so much when I have not received even a cost of living raise sense 2017.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Promotions not issue to deserving employees
Good Company to work for with good benefits.
Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 5, 2019
Good Company to work for with good benefits. People in office are very helpful and nice. Willing to help you and train you with any concerns or help you need.
Terrible!
Processor (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 26, 2019
Terrible management. If you don’t suck up to them you will not go anywhere and will be fired. They are two-faced acting like they care, but in reality they are scheming behind your back. Very unprofessional! It’s like walking on eggshells constantly. You can’t trust anyone; they only point out the negative about you. They overwork and micromanage you. They only promote family, friends, and people who suck up. If you try to have a voice you will be let go. They finally recently hired someone for HR, but they are pointless and easily manipulated. If you like this sort of work environment then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Everything, not worth it!
Temp Employee
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2019
Temp Employee. I worked doing small it jobs. Moving items and maintaining a clean work area. Was not IT related for the most part. Team member I was grouped with was not very nice.
Incredible Workplace
Design Studio Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I found TM to be a great place to work! I worked for their Design Center, meeting with new home buyers to select upgrade options. This was always a fun and creative atmosphere that made everyday interesting and fun. The hardest part was choosing from all the great selections we had, which isn't exactly a bad problem to have!
Pros
Autonomy, Creativity, My Boss
Cons
Going Public
Best builder I worked for but...
Community Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Not a fan of some management, commission is really good, but unless you are a favorite, forget about future opportunities. Hopefully that has changed since I left.
Pros
Not micromanaging
Cons
Favoritism
Poor Management
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I relocated to SWFL and took job at Taylor Morrison. I heard the rumors that they just "turn & burn" superintendents and that is exactly the case. No training and given 30 plus houses at various stages with little to no help from the Area Manager. In just over 2 years I went through 3 area managers. The corporate office doesn't support the Ft Myers/Naples area at all. Poor subs (84 Lumber) that they would not get rid of or enforce their contractual requirements. The sales team is great and tries to help mitigate the home owner concerns but new management is needed and additional resources. The also screwed over all superintendents bonuses every quarter.
Cons
Management/Resources
The Houston Division
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2018
The company started out great but as the years past management turnover kept happening. This lead to a disconnect with the actual in field workers. Training was next to none when I started and I kept asking for more management leadership whenever I submitted my evaluations. Didn’t get a raise until after 3 years and me reporting it to HR Department. Employees were made to give back $400 dollars of their bonus money for the wrong doings of 5 upper management employees who had to resign. Because of this I officially lost all trust in the company who is now under fire for mold issues in one of their prominent communities.
Loved my job and team!
Administrative Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 5, 2018
Loved my job and my team. Excellent workplace environment! Management team cares deeply about their employees. They love giving recognition and promotions!
Pros
everything
Independent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 26, 2018
Although it was an independent working environment it was very flexible. Great pay, low cultural environment, upper management turn over was a bit high and led to mismanagement.
Unbeatable Benefits but at a High Cost
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 3, 2018
While there are many wonderful people that work at Taylor Morrison, the culture is still very cliquish. The manager was never available to provide good feedback and did not train well. Many processes were inefficient and could have benefited from modern project management softwares. The benefits are unbeatable, but be prepared to be constantly stressed and never told you're doing a good job at anything. Lots of office gossip.
Vice President of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2018
Best place I've worked in my career. The people and team at Taylor Morrison were great and my experience there helped define me as a manager and the person I am today.
Pros
Great product, culture and people
Amazing Place to work
Customer Service/Warranty Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2018
Work Culture is amazing here. Managers are great too. We have recently acquired AV homes so I am looking at what other options are out there in case I do not make it through the merger. Otherwise WHAT AN AMAZING COMPANY.
Company emploee structure changes
AP/Purchasing Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 25, 2018
When I first started it was a great company. They cared about my situation with my disabled son. Over time management changes created issues with working remotely for my son's treatments and therapies. They created a new organizational structure that let me under purchasing agents, not under purchasing coordinators. Which lead to issues.
Pros
great location
Cons
management changes
great place to work
Processor II (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 9, 2018
training left much to be desired but the people, the flexibility and the work made it all work while. there's moments of micromanaging from upper management, but it's to ensure production.
Pros
the people, management, flexibility
Cons
training is poor
As long as you do not mind managent not bacing your decisions it is good to work for them.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2018
They send mixed signals to their representatives. They want you to enforce the warranty provided and control costs but whenever a customer goes to management, the management team will side with the customer this costing more money, then management will complain about the money being spent.
Pros
Good benefits
Good Company, Good People
Superintendent of Construction (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2018
I feel that Taylor Morrison Management was not the Best. Normal day was running nearly 20 homes under construction overseeing trades that were the cheapest labor, that's why they were granted the work. TM would hold you accountable but didn't have any control over their Trades. You are their Employee and you are graded on their subcontractors. Their subcontractors are the cheapest bidders that's why they get the work. Hardest part of the job is pleasing or making the customer happy because they are buying a pricey home that is made up up less expensive trades and materials. Not enough hours in the day to do your job.
Pros
Paycheck every 2 Weeks, Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Too Many Homes, Can't make the Customer Happy
hard work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2018
working in company that is so competitive is always a task but I like working for any company that is worth working for I will always work in sales it always a good market.
Good people
IT Professional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 3, 2018
It is a sales organization/construction so everything is by sales standards. Model homes were set up as sales offices so everyone was different. also a lot of dirt as construction sites are not real clean.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
offices spread out in a 200 mile range.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taylor Morrison. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.7Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight