Taylor Morrison Employee Reviews

hard work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2018
working in company that is so competitive is always a task but I like working for any company that is worth working for I will always work in sales it always a good market.
Horrible!!
Processor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 2, 2018
Working here was the WORST expierence ever! The management is really awful. They are rude, intimidating, don't care that you're a human being, they belittle you and treat you horribly.. I hated it so much!!!! I would come home from work in tears.. Not worth it!!
Pros
Benefits are great and pay was good
Vibrant Culture
Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 13, 2018
Vibrant culture. Everyone worked hard for a leader that seemed to respect everyone. Met some great folks there. Team oriented and everyone took pride in the products' quality.
Unilateral Management team
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMarch 11, 2018
If you are not part of the GOB network then forget about any advancement in this company,Their Leadership mantra is " I am right and everyone else is wrong".
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
ineffectual management
Great people and Culture
Area Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Taylor Morrison has a great culture and was a team atmosphere, which I think is a very important part of getting the best out of your employees. I truly believe you have these two things it make your employees want to do more and be better at their job.
Pros
Team lunches, and great team building activities
Cons
The direction the company was going was not for me.
Construction of new residential community
Builder (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 5, 2018
To schedule and monitor the daily construction activities of a fast paced community. No opportunity for advancement. No support from management. Stressful Culture.
Amazing Coworkers
Community Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 4, 2018
Working at Taylor Morrison allowed me an excellent opportunity to work with an amazing group of employees. I learned new techniques daily from my colleagues and every day involved different task. We never experienced a dull moment. I truly know the meaning of time flies when you are having fun.
Pros
Coworkers
Good Company
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2017
I worked for the company for over 6 years, enjoyed it. Worked a lot of hours. Every weekend is a must and your cell phone will become your best friend. Best part is the money, you work hard you will be rewarded.
no room for growth
Field Warranty Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 25, 2017
The issue with Taylor Morrison is that the culture changed and they dont give help in regards to expectations. The management was very much not involved int the process to help in leadership roles, with no expectation to allow for growth within or to be part of another department
Good company to work for
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 10, 2017
Great work life balance. Great perks. Involved in the community and encourages the team to be as well. Very rewarding. Decent salary. Room for advancement. Good benefits.
Pros
Team building. Room for growth. Great work like balance.
If you want to destroy your career, apply here
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Over worked
Coworkers are friendly
Management is a joke
Most enjoyable part of my day is leaving work
the hardest part of my job is dealing with management
job security is terrifying
Taylor Morrison
Escrow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 7, 2017
This is a great place to work. I was presented with an opportunity that is the only reason I left. Good culture and people to work with. I would highly recommend this place for employment.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Limited on growth opportunity
Great culture and people!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
The people make Taylor Morrison. Each team member puts forth 110% everyday.

A typical day at work starts with Monday meetings and moves forward from there. I learned more about Excel and Outlook.Turnover is a little high, but everyone who comes to work for this company is a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of the job is getting everything done that is required in a given day and not enough people to do it.

The most enjoyable about the job is working with great people.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses and events
Cons
Work life balance
Big public builder
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 9, 2016
There are better places to work, more time spent on reporting than taking care of the customer. At times, their focus on efficiency causes them to miss the bigger opportunities.

As they acquire other home builders for growth; their transition team and some on executive team lack integrity. They say one thing, and do another. Overall a lack of authentic leadership. While they have some good process and systems, their leadership and rush to save money through the acquisition has weakened some great home building companies that could have been great assets for them.
Pros
Public status gives them cash to expand, their systems and research are good.
Cons
Some of the executive management
Learned a lot from my peers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
Great company to work for, the senior sales associates were all so helpful in your growth. Learned so much in the little time I worked for this company.
Wonderful people to work with!
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CADecember 21, 2015
Great office environment to work in. Fantastic group of people to work with. Management works well with promoting within the company and providing growth opportunities for employees.
Hostile work environment governed by fear and intimidation
Assistant Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2015
This review is my personal experience and refers to the SoCal Division only..

Management is still spooked by the crash of 2008 and is hesitant to hire which means everyone is overworked. An attitude of do your best "or else" pervades the department I worked for.

Management does NOT talk to one another. Quite literally, one director will not speak to the other director in the department. This made it extremely difficult for me to get anything done. When I spoke up about it, one director created a plan of constructive discharge against me in order to get me fired. I had perfect reviews otherwise.

NO whistle blower protection. Stressful situation from day one.
Pros
Very family like atmosphere for assistants and below. We took care of each other.
Cons
Management are the dysfunctional parents
Amazing company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2015
Lots of growth and room for opportunity! Management cares about how they can help you do your job better and will do anything to help!
Engaging place to work with co-workers and clients
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLJanuary 11, 2015
I greet and register all of the clients that walk into our doors; I also assist the six sales associates on any and all requests they may have; I order all of the office and marketing supplies; help maintain the sales office and six model homes; assist the appraisers; manage any requests the homeowners may have from getting a plumber out for an emergency service to ordering their recycle bins to helping out with the mailbox keys.
The hardest part of my job is that it is a temporary position and I am looking for a full time position with a company and to be able to use my sales skills.
Fun work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2014
Fun work environment but little prospect for advancement.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Advancement is rare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taylor Morrison. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.6

4.6Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight