Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 5, 2019
While taziki's is a great company to work for, it does come with its drawbacks. Favoritism is unfortunately a part of higher managements ideal work environment and it hurts those not within that circle. Disciplinary action was hard to dish out due to half the staff being included in said circle, while the other half complained about being called out on their own mistakes where the favorites didn't. And another unfortunate circumstance was that corporate regulated hours per week and that meant being understaffed almost certain.
Those negative points aside, the staff are friendly and easy to get along with. Getting half off on meals doesn't hurt. In store management is more than reasonable and try to work with you on improving the efficiency and quality of your work.
Love Tazikis
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 8, 2018
Excellent place to fun and bout business at the same time. Everyone's team players .management and crew work together.also the customers are nice and polite..
Pros
Eat free, understanding when it comes to family matters
Cons
Have to work year before you can get benifits
Quick paced, a lot of prep work, fresh food
Line Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 22, 2018
A good place to get started if you're a student. It has decent pay and benefits, but nothing to work up to. A typical day if working all day starts three hours before opening to prep appetizers, sides, and ingredients for sandwiches. After opening, sandwiches are cooked and appetizers and sides are plated to order. There is usually a two hour break between 3 and 5pm. Start cleaning and wrapping food one hour before close if it's not too busy. Cleaning is usually finished one hour after close. Prepping is actually very enjoyable and relaxing especially before opening. But it is stressful at times as some employees are unreliable which makes for a very chaotic schedule at times. There doesn't seem to be any direction, everyone is left to their own pace no matter how fast or slow. Overall, it's an okay place to work, not great, but not too bad either.
Pros
free and half priced lunches, usually a two hour break if working all day, healthcare, dental, decent pay
Cons
inconsistent/long hours, unreliable staff, poor management, not much direction
fast paced and stressful
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALOctober 2, 2018
a typical day consist of bad management. Arrogance and insults from management and staff. absolutely no team work whatsoever. the most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out.
Pros
i cant think of any
Cons
no breaks, no accountability and low wages with no benefits at all
Interesting and unique workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2018
The resturaunt is a chain built by two people who once traveled/lived in the mediteranian. i believe it is a resturaunt dedicated to research of the culture. how ever, the work place is work-casual and the hirees a bit preppy.
Pros
half off food for one shift, free for a double.
Cons
30 min breaks
Fast paced, great work environment.
Server/Catering (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 4, 2018
This is an excellent place to work. Management makes you feel like family, and customers fill the restaurant daily, giving us the outstanding business we are proud of.
This Should Be a Boring Review
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 30, 2018
This company was not a bad company. I learned a lot from the owners, including not to judge people too quickly. The to sisters were great to talk to and would give you their bike if you needed it, Literally. They gave me a brand new bike when I had no way to get to work other than walking. I enjoyed working here even with the unsettling feeling that I may end up unemployed. After heling to open their restaurant I watched other Employees lose their job one after the other (this being the nature of a new restaurant). All in all I enjoyed the Challenge of trying to impress the owners.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Scary
Newer Franchise to Colorado
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2018
A typical work days consists of basic food and customer service. I personally have learned a lot more about managing restaurants. The People that work there are friendly and helpful. They are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free meals for management
Cons
No breaks
Interesting to say the least
Server/Casher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 10, 2018
The bonuses and benefits are nice, and management was cool for the first 10 months or so. However, I did have a manager request my medical records (of which I refused), and the youngest son of the owners seems to have forgotten what it means to work from the bottom to the top. He repeatedly screamed and yelled profanities at employees while guests were present. My advice conform and keep your head low, otherwise they will find a reason to send you packing.
Pros
Benefits, great pay.
Cons
Ownership, some management staff, very unforgiving.
Fun environment
Marketing and Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 21, 2018
Healthy food options, with advancement for those who are willing to work hard and actively seek out opportunity. Fun work environment, but lots of food options means lots of prep work.

Want to know more about Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe?

Ask a question
Good friendly environment
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2019
I am just trying to move on with my application already but it is a good place to try it for yourself, and you decide I did not come on here to do reviews about other companies I came on here to apply for a job.
Pros
good food
Manager was not plesant
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Now, before anyone thinks that I am just saying this because I don't work there anymore, no, I have heard almost all of the employees complain about the General Manager. She was mean and vindictive and would pick out the people she didn't like and treat them harsher.
Terrible mangers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2018
The management was sexist, homophobic, and racist. Employee turnover was high. Mangers treated employees and customers very poorly. Hours were consistently cut.
Productive and fun place to work
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2019
I really enjoyed working for the company it's a really great company to work for and the stand behind their employees and treat them like a real family
Nice enviroment with flexible schedules.
KITCHEN STAFF (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2019
Following recipes, customer experience.
Management acceptable, could be better.
Taking care of customer was the best experience.
Fun place to work
Prep Cook / Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day would include prepping fresh produce and meats daily for customers. In this role I learned different cooking styles while learning how to safely operate a plethora of kitchen tools. I was trained to be a manager which taught me the in's & out's of a companies P&L, bottom line and how to look to cut cost for profit growth. The hardest part of the job would be to manage college students when a lunch/dinner rush would occur and orders would be sent out incorrectly. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the happiness on customers faces after eating at our restaurant.
Pros
Free lunches, culinary skills, management skills
Cons
Chaotic when orders were incorrect during rushes, lack of attentiveness and care from employees
Very unique restaurant with a nice staff.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALSeptember 26, 2018
The days varied. Sometimes we were very packed and other times we were not. Still a good work environment and would recommend for people looking for a first job.
Fun but takes job seriously
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 4, 2018
Can be a fun working environment, but job has to get done quickly and efficiently. Will usually give all requested time off. Hours are mostly based on how well you work.
Pros
Discounts on food
Fast Paced and Fun
FoH Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 24, 2017
A typical work day varies but for most people it includes 1 hour of prep in the morning before the store opens. This is very fast paced but as a team it can be accomplished easily. Synergy is the key to this store. Everyone helps each other or else it can make everything fall apart The management at the two stores I have worked for have been excellent. The hardest part of the job is different for everyone, but for most it is the speed at which we work. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the compliments on the food. We all work hard to hand prep everything out of the kitchen, so when a compliment is given it really feels like you and your team have earned it.
Pros
Discounted lunches, Great Team work, Excellent Managers
Cons
None.
Good
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Nashville TennesseeAugust 20, 2018
Pretty cool job, I enjoyed my time at tazikis, I s very family Oriented, the mission is what drives the company. They are very flexible with schedule, and very easy to move up into better positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.