TBC Corporation
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

TBC Corporation Employee Reviews

TBC Corporation insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Need to stick with one type of payplan

Made it easier for slower stores to make bonus but made it to where the busier stores could only make a little bonus . I worked with the company for 10 years and seen many changes but last year I’ve watched them change soo much and make life harder but pay the same

Impressive management with merit-based promotions available for deserving employees

The managers are friendly and easy to reach. We work together well, with clear expectations, good chance to develop people skills and know more about the industry unlike anywhere else.| Pros: | Chance to grow as a professional, gain good benefits, lots of experience at hand, great salary

Pros

Cons

The hours tend to be longer and sometimes, having to deal with various clients can be a challenge

Good place to start and get experience

Always on the go and something to do. Friendly people at the warehouse that makes working here a fun and good experience. Room to move up. A variety of tasks to do so you get to learn something new and not just driving.

Pros

Well-maintained truck, paid time off, competitive salary, lots of hours

Cons

Sometimes extremely busy and physically exhausting with all the loading

Old-school work ethics

Working here teaches you a lot about hard work and being professional. Senior mechanics are very helpful and a good source of knowledge. Continuous training and using the latest equipment. The company is serious about giving their mechanics the best training possible.

Pros

Steady work, wages, benefits, certifications

Cons

Difficult customers and long days

Low pay and a culture that does not value the employees

My experience started before the pandemic. Everyone got a substantial pay cut. Even when things returned to normal, the old pay plans were not reinstated. As a manager, the plan was completely changed with less opportunity to earn reasonable compensation for the job. Upper management (corporate) was very demanding with meeting KPIs even though employees were leaving due to low pay. It was a challenge to hire good people for much less than they could make at a fast food or grocery stores. Employee turnover was high. Due to pressure daily from corporate for success regardless of challenges, stress was high. This was one the worst companies I ever worked for. The company culture along with realistic compensation plans would need to change substantially to improve employee turnover and the work environment overall.

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

Low pay, micro management from corporate

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Very poor pay. Long hours no time off work most holidays. Expect you to be there 24 7 for minimum wage.

Im a 30 year mechanic. Never worked so many hours for so little pay. Worked there a year no raise. Got tired of making the company 6k a week and brought home 500 a week. They dont care about you its just numbers.

Pros

1/2 price tires

Cons

Low pay. No time off. Long hours

It's basically a survival of the fittest

Though their offer includes a good career plan for the employees, it doesn't really work how they say it would be, It's basically a survival of the fittest, a fight between your coworkers till the end.

Pros

Employees get insurances, bonuses, and discounts on products and services.

Plenty of opportunities

Helpful coworkers, fast paced job, and good managers that keeps things going efficiently. They teach you how to work smartly and how to handle clients professionally. Room to move up but you have to show effort and willingness to learn.

Pros

Fair pay, good opportunities, wide network, benefits

Cons

Just like any sales career, there will always be expectations to meet. You must be persistent and hungry.

Company benifits were great poor control of there district manager

Company was great district manager micro manages and threatens your job on a daily basis to the point I was hospitalized with heart problems from stress and had to quit

Pros

Great company

Cons

Long hours, upper management never tryies to help they just belittle you for not knowing the answer

Productive environment with great coworkers

This company has helped me earn a living by letting me do what I like most - work on cars. Fellow mechanics are helpful and always ready to teach. We work well with each other which makes the job a little bit easier.

Pros

employee discounts, lots of hours, continuing training, working with good equipment

Great structure and work policies

The training and guidance they give you are top-notch. This gives you the confidence needed to perform your job. Plenty of avenues to move up once you prove what you can do.

Pros

Very helpful employees, team culture, benefits are great

Cons

I haven’t had any issues, while working here

Good company and culture

The people working here are very personable and hard working. Managers are there to help and extend any support they can. I certainly learned a lot since I started here. This was only my second job as a mechanic, but they are eager to teach.

Pros

Health coverage, 401k, PTO and vacation, payroll deduction purchases

Cons

It can be challenging especially when there are so many vehicles, you just have to trust your training and fellow mechanics

Good place to work just need to get the bugs worked out

I enjoyed the automotive industry Tbc Corp is a good place to work you just have to be good at what you do and learning new ropes. All in all if you're meant for the automotive industry you will have a good opportunity here

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short breaks

Cheap labor

I wasn't proud that I worked here because I was never paid enough. It was just cheap labor and I just didn't have any other choice so I continued working here even I wasn't paid fairly. Then the pandemic happened so I was stuck here. Fortunately, things are getting better and I finally found a much better-paying job. I believe in karma and I know that they'd be punished eventually for how they treated their people.

Good management, steady job

The job is easy to do if you like driving. People in the warehouse are easy to get along with and know their jobs. Didn’t have to waste time waiting. Organized and well-run company. Everything gets done as scheduled. They are fair with time off and holidays.

Pros

Decent paying job with decent hours

Cons

A lot of overtime especiall, y during busy seasons but, it also means a bigger paycheck

This place is teeming with growth opportunities

You will be promoted if you deserve it. My career definitely progressed here. We have a Management Team that trusts in my abilities. I also like it that they are open to process improvement. I think this is why TBC is a giant in the industry. It was certainly a good decision for me to stay here at TBC. It just keeps getting better.

Pros

The benefits are terrific: 401k, Disability / Life insurance, Employee assistance program, Fsa, Pto, and Purchasing power program.

Cons

You must adaptable to shifts in priorities because, the external environment can and will always change.

Strong team and technical skills

Great training program with lots of support. Hardworking, talented, and energetic coworkers. No clock watchers here. Safe work environment, fast pace, and lots of hands on experience. We get along well and helped one another whenever possible.

Pros

Pay and benefits are very competitive, store discounts, and training

Cons

There are times when you miss your breaks if there are a lot of customers

Easy going and productive workplace

Good company and people to work for. Employees are friend and everybody pitches in with the work. Everyone knows their responsibilities and tries their best to keep things rolling and on schedule.

Pros

Work hours are great, well-maintained trucks, nice managers

Cons

The most challenging part is making deliveries on time.

Good job and people

Can’t really complain about the work. You get paid well and lots of training. Mechanics and supervisors are easy to work with and we get along well every day.

Pros

Employee discounts, get certifications, and free tools

Cons

Long hours some days and it would be nice to have longer breaks

I like what I do!

Easy job if you like driving. You are basically your own boss when you’re driving for as long as you stick to your schedule. They have treated me fairly, I have no complaints and it's a joy working with the people here.

Pros

good supervisors, nice equipment, pay is good, steady work

Cons

No cons, you can go far if you are willing to put the effort in.

No Place for Employees

It's not a good place for employees who want to make the workplace a good place to work. All your suggestions for improvement will be ignored. The management only listens to the advise of a few chosen people. If you are not among them, you are nothing here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TBC Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight