TBC Corporation Employee Reviews

Good people and nice managers
Automotive Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 8, 2018
TBC company offers a lot of benefits for its employees and always made sure every employee took full advantage of the benefits if need be. This company always treated me as an equal to my fellow employees.
Good company overall
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2018
If you're willing to work ALOT of hours this is the place for you. I have over 30 years experience in retail management at all levels and understand that long hours and abnormal days off are the norm. However, this company for some reason seems to think that a manager working excessive hours is a badge of honor. It's not.
Wholesale
Corp (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 2, 2018
After the merger to create NTW, the whole culture of the wholesale division went down hill. Morale was low, no real direction, let key people go others left, but plenty of SVPs.
Pros
Good benefits, work hours
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of service
No direction
Inside Sales/Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  FLSeptember 27, 2018
The management was not professional nor were they willing to help or answer questions. The employees had to learn from one another. Systems were not taught they were exchanged by peers. The hours were unrealistic and days off were non existant. On any given week you would work 8 days before getting a day off.
relax pace to work at reat co workers
FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
2nd shift bad supervisors 3rd shift very stress free great co workers easy pace to work.always overtime if wanted mangent easy to get along with.will teach everything you know.great food for lunch as well
Pros
overtime
Cons
bad pay
Best place outside of the Navy.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 31, 2018
TBC Corp is hands down the best company outside of the Navy that I have worked. I would recommend this to any person looking to get into the automotive industry.
Welcome to your new home
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne flAugust 18, 2018
Work constantly, managers will use you so they never have to close, will take tickets from you so they can make budget and bonuses leaving you to hustle and fight for every dollar. Extremely rude customers often many will tell you to “ go f yourself” call you a liar blame you went management isn’t around. Techs don’t care and neither do managers when things aren’t done timely or well. Customers management and techs all use you as the garbage can.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Everything else.
What a mess
Back end Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
Pros: decent pay, competitive benefits
Cons: lack of structure and management, was pretty much on my own for the most part except in the beginning. Lousy work environment with several different departments in one large room. The cubicles do nothing for sound and seemed to have a lack of space then my area was converted into a call center. Then one day I was hauled out of there and teminated for no disclosed reasons. Yeah, total s**t hole.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
good place to work
Load and unload trucks (Former Employee) –  Roseville, TNAugust 11, 2018
You clock in and everybody gets in a big circle stretch so everyone hurts their self management is there any time you need him ever helpful and hardest part is them hot days when you tryin to unload a truck but still not a bad place to work
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great discounts, pay leaves something to be desired
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 10, 2018
Paid less than min wage but receive commission on sales, the ability to make a decent paycheck is there but can vary allot. Some day are slow and you will make $30 in commission and other days you can make $250 . There is an issue with having a sale taken from you. I lost sales because they were friends of a higher manager or had the manager sell it while I was busy with another customer, so just watch your tickets.
Pros
Discounts, possible advancement
Cons
Low base pay
Get away
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 4, 2018
Upper management is the worse. Dont care about your personal life. The company feels like they own you. 4 ft of snow on ground better show up or get wrote up or fired. However if they get a wind blowing hard in Florida they shut down and go home for days. People in wrong places making decisions. Pay is horrible for the amount of work they want you to do. I think we are well under paid
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Everything else
Middle of the line job.
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLAugust 1, 2018
Middle of the line job. Good for some and bad for others. Depends on your work ethic and how much you want to get paid. Good opportunity to get some corporate experience, but not recommended for long term employment. .
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Management and pay
Mediocre at Best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 12, 2018
Resigned within a year - leaving soon. Job was not as advertised. TBC operates as if it’s 1995. Not progressive. You will not find the latest technology or a creative, collaborative environment. 95% of the staff is very friendly and supportive the other 5% are bullies. There is a lack of training for managers as the company does not invest in its employees for long term growth. No consistency among managers for ratings, or job perks (flexible schedules or working from home). Company has its values on posters but does not live by them. They try to check off the boxes for a good company but no real commitment to employees - only care about the dollars. Company pays below market average. On the plus side- executives are highly responsive and generally have an open door policy. Laid back in that sense. Not fast paced.
Pros
Jeans on Friday, free bagels on payday, friendly staff
Cons
Benefits are meager, low pay, micro management
Don’t even think about working here
Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 9, 2018
They claim to be the employer of choice and to be The employer that will take care of the employee but that is definitely true as they will work you to death you get no holidays off and you work long days. Forget about having a family life
Pros
Cons
Slave drivers, they are all about themselves
Nice place to work
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 26, 2018
They have done some good things for me here and helped me grow as an employee. The management team is supportive of one another and they care about employees from a safety and a growth perspective.
Productive work place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 12, 2018
Work Culture - good hard work - great employees

most enjoyable part of the job is to see my employees move up within the company and become supervisors and into managers
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks
Productive Workplace
HR Rep II (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 11, 2018
TBC provides a safe and team oriented environment for their associates. I personally am very fond of TBC's quote of " Leave everything better" and this is how I have tried to live my life.
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday, holiday meals
Cons
Healthcare not so good
Management is awful!!!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 8, 2018
Since I been here I thought that this was a good place to work. But at the beginning there was long hours 10-12 hour days 6 days a week. There was no time for a life outside of work. Then things changed now no more weekend work. But the moral in this place is awful, management doesn’t value the good employees they have.

For every little thing that happens they look to terminate people. They may want to terminate me if they read this but that’s how petty they are. Opportunity for advancement is not here even after I was told it was. Turnover here is very high, the people either leave or get fired for some unknown reason.

Vacation time you don’t have, you have to accrue it and after you’’ve been here a year then you have a weeks paid vacation. This is the 21st century and you still have to build up vacation time.

So in my opinion it’s not a good place to work!!!
Company parties
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 4, 2018
The CEO and VP's would cook hamburgers and hot dogs for us. Different departments would do company outings like lunches, putt putt golf, bowling etc. It was nice that they realized how hard we worked.
Hard work and under paid.
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2018
This job is a very hard working job where most of the work is manual. You load and unload tires by hand. I fill that we are very under paid for the work that we do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TBC Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9