TBC Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive work place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 12, 2018
Work Culture - good hard work - great employees

most enjoyable part of the job is to see my employees move up within the company and become supervisors and into managers
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks
Management is awful!!!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 8, 2018
Since I been here I thought that this was a good place to work. But at the beginning there was long hours 10-12 hour days 6 days a week. There was no time for a life outside of work. Then things changed now no more weekend work. But the moral in this place is awful, management doesn’t value the good employees they have.

For every little thing that happens they look to terminate people. They may want to terminate me if they read this but that’s how petty they are. Opportunity for advancement is not here even after I was told it was. Turnover here is very high, the people either leave or get fired for some unknown reason.

Vacation time you don’t have, you have to accrue it and after you’’ve been here a year then you have a weeks paid vacation. This is the 21st century and you still have to build up vacation time.

So in my opinion it’s not a good place to work!!!
Company parties
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 4, 2018
The CEO and VP's would cook hamburgers and hot dogs for us. Different departments would do company outings like lunches, putt putt golf, bowling etc. It was nice that they realized how hard we worked.
Hard work and under paid.
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2018
This job is a very hard working job where most of the work is manual. You load and unload tires by hand. I fill that we are very under paid for the work that we do.
Workplace Culture
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
I was employed with TBC Corporation for 19 years. This is a excellent company to obtain a career with. The corporate office was previously located in Memphis, Tennessee. TBC relocated to the state of Florida.
Went from bad to worse over a short period of time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 15, 2018
Started working for NTB almost 2 years ago as a customer service representative. Worked hard everyday, low wages, increased responsibilities with no advanancement. Management would routinely steal commission money from CSA to increase their own bonus check. Learned quite a bit about auto repair while I was there. Management will work you to the bone everyday and put pressure on everyone to Sell.
Pros
Training courses
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Good workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Jedburg, SCMay 7, 2018
I love it here but only thing that's getting under my skin is, even when I'm finish my job before everyone, I can't even go to the restroom in peace without complaining.
Pros
Free lunch on payday
Cons
Saturdays off now
Terrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHApril 27, 2018
Absolutely horrible place to work .. Dont expect to have a life for yourself i would highly recommend going elsewhere to seek employment. The money is decent but theres no amount of money worth you're health....
Worst place to work
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2018
Constant harrasment and witness discrimination. Numbers only don’t care about their team or retention. Low pay and high cost benefits. Witnessed illegal trading
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Terrible work/life balance. High turnover. Always understaffed.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCApril 4, 2018
Terrible place to work at least in the c.s.r.a. High turnover, poor management, didn't know about automobiles and the products that were offered etc!!!
Cons

Want to know more about TBC Corporation?

Ask a question
Good but not Great
Employee (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 26, 2018
Challenging environment. Some good people and some bully’s. Slow to change and many long term employees. Work was consistent, some senior resources were reluctant to change and grow.
Pros
Local
Cons
Difficult to change
Good Company,
Payroll Administrator Temp (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410March 26, 2018
Some days were busier then others as is the world of payroll. Managers were never to busy to answer a question. I enjoyed working as a team to accomplish goals
Pros
Team environment, good benefits
hello
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 21, 2018
n/a I don't have a comment.. it was well mananged & maintained and hard working. the work is not hard is you have a high work ethic if not stay away this job us not for you .
Absolutely Terrible.
Auto Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2018
NTB pays you off a commission system and this system is absolutely rigged beyond belief. You have to work on at least 30 cars a day to actually get more than $10 in commission. Even tho you work on a car all day or you are constantly working on multiple cars you may see about $5 added to your check for “commission.” The whole thing in general is a scam and you are being underpaid as is. A General Sevice tech makes $10/hr. A mechanic which I was makes 11/hr. Which is extremely underpaid considering other work place options doing the exact same stuff. They say you make 15/hr with commission but you don’t ever work enough in the companies eyes to actually get a decent commission added to you check. So I do not recommend this company to work for or even buy from.
Pros
Absolutely no pros
Cons
Low pay, long hours, terrible company
Managers suck.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 9, 2018
Everyone there is afraid to say anything. One person asked at a meeting if there were jobs on the line at any near future time, his answer was no. He was gone in a week's time.
Pros
Versatile environment
Career Opportunity
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 7, 2018
Came on board 2+ years ago. I have been given room to advance and have twice been promoted. The benefits and pay are amazing. The company is huge and has opportunities in many departments. The culture (from my understanding) has improved and the associates performance and recognition are getting stronger everyday.
I have recommended several people to this company.
Pros
Benefits, career opportunities
Cons
Small Compnay structure changes yearly
Don’t work for Tbc
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXMarch 3, 2018
I gave this company 5years of my life I regret it everyday thank god I quit best choice I ever made .. the dm( district manager) are a joke managers have no idea how to manage themselves much less a business I can go on and on but it’s not worth it ..
Pros
You have a 401k
Cons
Terrible place to work!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 2, 2018
This company doesn't care about anyone but upper management!!!! All they do is bark orders and then threaten your job. There upper management can't do anything but throw out threats and break promises to there employees!!!!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Poor upper management only care about themselves
Worst job ever
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Trust no one high turn over youare a 55 hour a week slave every store has a snitch unless you are a under paid GST or the snitch use any and all vacation and personal time you be there long!
Pros
healthcare
Cons
management is a joke
False Promises/Zero Work-Life Balance/RUN
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 25, 2018
District Managers work 30-35hrs a week M-F and get paid $125k+ and basically do nothing. While managers work 60hrs a week minimium and struggle to make over $70k. Job is always threatened. Never receive praise, only negative comments. Zero room for advancement or pay raises. Constant change at corporate with no stability. Corporate has no clue what actual happens at the store level and the way store employees are treated by district and regional managers.....they either live in a dream world or turn a blind eye.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else