TBC Corporation Employee Reviews

What a mess
Back end Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
Pros: decent pay, competitive benefits
Cons: lack of structure and management, was pretty much on my own for the most part except in the beginning. Lousy work environment with several different departments in one large room. The cubicles do nothing for sound and seemed to have a lack of space then my area was converted into a call center. Then one day I was hauled out of there and teminated for no disclosed reasons. Yeah, total s**t hole.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
good place to work
Load and unload trucks (Former Employee) –  Roseville, TNAugust 11, 2018
You clock in and everybody gets in a big circle stretch so everyone hurts their self management is there any time you need him ever helpful and hardest part is them hot days when you tryin to unload a truck but still not a bad place to work
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great discounts, pay leaves something to be desired
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 10, 2018
Paid less than min wage but receive commission on sales, the ability to make a decent paycheck is there but can vary allot. Some day are slow and you will make $30 in commission and other days you can make $250 . There is an issue with having a sale taken from you. I lost sales because they were friends of a higher manager or had the manager sell it while I was busy with another customer, so just watch your tickets.
Pros
Discounts, possible advancement
Cons
Low base pay
Get away
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 4, 2018
Upper management is the worse. Dont care about your personal life. The company feels like they own you. 4 ft of snow on ground better show up or get wrote up or fired. However if they get a wind blowing hard in Florida they shut down and go home for days. People in wrong places making decisions. Pay is horrible for the amount of work they want you to do. I think we are well under paid
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Everything else
Mediocre at Best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 12, 2018
Resigned within a year - leaving soon. Job was not as advertised. TBC operates as if it’s 1995. Not progressive. You will not find the latest technology or a creative, collaborative environment. 95% of the staff is very friendly and supportive the other 5% are bullies. There is a lack of training for managers as the company does not invest in its employees for long term growth. No consistency among managers for ratings, or job perks (flexible schedules or working from home). Company has its values on posters but does not live by them. They try to check off the boxes for a good company but no real commitment to employees - only care about the dollars. Company pays below market average. On the plus side- executives are highly responsive and generally have an open door policy. Laid back in that sense. Not fast paced.
Pros
Jeans on Friday, free bagels on payday, friendly staff
Cons
Benefits are meager, low pay, micro management
Don’t even think about working here
Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 9, 2018
They claim to be the employer of choice and to be The employer that will take care of the employee but that is definitely true as they will work you to death you get no holidays off and you work long days. Forget about having a family life
Pros
Cons
Slave drivers, they are all about themselves
Nice place to work
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 26, 2018
They have done some good things for me here and helped me grow as an employee. The management team is supportive of one another and they care about employees from a safety and a growth perspective.
Productive work place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 12, 2018
Work Culture - good hard work - great employees

most enjoyable part of the job is to see my employees move up within the company and become supervisors and into managers
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks
Management is awful!!!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 8, 2018
Since I been here I thought that this was a good place to work. But at the beginning there was long hours 10-12 hour days 6 days a week. There was no time for a life outside of work. Then things changed now no more weekend work. But the moral in this place is awful, management doesn’t value the good employees they have.

For every little thing that happens they look to terminate people. They may want to terminate me if they read this but that’s how petty they are. Opportunity for advancement is not here even after I was told it was. Turnover here is very high, the people either leave or get fired for some unknown reason.

Vacation time you don’t have, you have to accrue it and after you’’ve been here a year then you have a weeks paid vacation. This is the 21st century and you still have to build up vacation time.

So in my opinion it’s not a good place to work!!!
Company parties
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 4, 2018
The CEO and VP's would cook hamburgers and hot dogs for us. Different departments would do company outings like lunches, putt putt golf, bowling etc. It was nice that they realized how hard we worked.
Hard work and under paid.
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2018
This job is a very hard working job where most of the work is manual. You load and unload tires by hand. I fill that we are very under paid for the work that we do.
Workplace Culture
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
I was employed with TBC Corporation for 19 years. This is a excellent company to obtain a career with. The corporate office was previously located in Memphis, Tennessee. TBC relocated to the state of Florida.
Went from bad to worse over a short period of time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 15, 2018
Started working for NTB almost 2 years ago as a customer service representative. Worked hard everyday, low wages, increased responsibilities with no advanancement. Management would routinely steal commission money from CSA to increase their own bonus check. Learned quite a bit about auto repair while I was there. Management will work you to the bone everyday and put pressure on everyone to Sell.
Pros
Training courses
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Good workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Jedburg, SCMay 7, 2018
I love it here but only thing that's getting under my skin is, even when I'm finish my job before everyone, I can't even go to the restroom in peace without complaining.
Pros
Free lunch on payday
Cons
Saturdays off now
Terrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHApril 27, 2018
Absolutely horrible place to work .. Dont expect to have a life for yourself i would highly recommend going elsewhere to seek employment. The money is decent but theres no amount of money worth you're health....
Worst place to work
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2018
Constant harrasment and witness discrimination. Numbers only don’t care about their team or retention. Low pay and high cost benefits. Witnessed illegal trading
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Terrible work/life balance. High turnover. Always understaffed.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCApril 4, 2018
Terrible place to work at least in the c.s.r.a. High turnover, poor management, didn't know about automobiles and the products that were offered etc!!!
Good but not Great
Employee (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 26, 2018
Challenging environment. Some good people and some bully’s. Slow to change and many long term employees. Work was consistent, some senior resources were reluctant to change and grow.
Pros
Local
Cons
Difficult to change
Good Company,
Payroll Administrator Temp (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410March 26, 2018
Some days were busier then others as is the world of payroll. Managers were never to busy to answer a question. I enjoyed working as a team to accomplish goals
Pros
Team environment, good benefits
hello
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 21, 2018
n/a I don't have a comment.. it was well mananged & maintained and hard working. the work is not hard is you have a high work ethic if not stay away this job us not for you .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TBC Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9