TBC Corporation Employee Reviews

Its 9.00 an hour for tire tech
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Greentree Rd, Pittsburgh PaMarch 11, 2019
Don't do it, many days working open to close. High turnover, always covering for people that don't show up, have to go and pick up tires in your own vehicle. Over all just a bad place to work.
Pros
Great discount on tires
Cons
Literally everything else
They like to work hard for no reason
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Horrible management and they lie to you about your job duties!! Everyone hated the manager! No way to advance because everyone keeps quitting. Never work for the El Paso location you will be set up to fail.
Pros
Descent benefits
Cons
Hostile environment, absolutely no common sense, every day was a hassle
Former Service Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAFebruary 22, 2019
The WORST corporate culture I've ever experienced. Fat, bald out of touch "leaders" who don't know your name, but flip through spreadsheets to see your numbers. Customer compliments are never relayed: Only the negative gets through. Run. Run fast. Run fast and don't look back. I finally escaped after they unceremoniously fired our GM, and had my replacement lined up. I asked if they did, AND THEY LIED. Fortunately, I got out before they could screw me. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Never trust anyone
Never apply.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2019
All that you'll be get it's $11 per hour and at least 11 hour of works day. Fake commission. Only at the pay stub. Really you don't get it. When you new hire, they will be promissed training for ASE. Nobody will be do it. It's cheater company. $11 per hour it's all. Hey, tbc! Night stocker at HEB get $13,6 per hour minimum! Who and how will be working for you? Oh,want to say about one nice benefit. Personal time. You'll be have. Lot. But you CAN'T use it! Will be a lot excuse for don't give it for you. Dirty company. Freaks.
Pros
Discount
Great Place to work - Technology driven company
Sr. Technical Project Manager - Contractor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2019
This is a great place to work, the people work well together and the computer is highly technology focused. The company believes in a good working culture and offers fun incentives like breakfast and or lunch on payday.
Pros
Free lunches and breakfast
Cons
Some offices can use some decorative upgrades
Overworked, underpaid, and micromanaged
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2019
Corporate is always micromanaging, don't expect to go home on time or not get called in on your day off. Don't expect your manager or anyone else to care about your needs in either your professional or personal life. This is a money driven corporation that cuts costs at the employee level in order to boost values on the top end. My manager makes 6 figures and I constantly have to help him with technical support and backshop management. If you are anything above a lube tech I would not recommend working at this company. The only way these stores are productive is if they have a strong manager who knows what they are doing.
Benefits
No personal life
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2019
6 days a week or maybe 10 days straight, will take a toll in personal life if you want one. The pay is good but will stain your mind and body . good luck to whom may choose this job
Great Place
Manager Of Customer Service And Billing (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working here for 19+ years. I would still be with the company if they has not moved to Florida. It was a tough decision to stay in Memphis
Ok work place believe don’t get paid enough for the work done
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 20, 2018
I work I first shift some days I come in having to finish second shifts work and they have enough time to get there work done but still don’t get it done .i been there a year and some months but some people who just got here or came from second shift make more than me and imma hard work
Pros
Free lunch on paid weeks
Cons
Barely get days off
Great management
Construction Manager/ Project Management (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2018
The management team is great to work with. I love the fact that I can work from home and travel the country working on several different projects.
My typical day is following up from the day before on the projects keeping the schedules and deadlines. I keep very good electronic files and project sheet that keeps me on schedule
Pros
Working from home, travel
Cons
lack of communication and salary
Willing to achieve goals
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2018
Break room is clean and tidy.. Equipment is maintained and serviced. Clean and organized working environment. Uniforms are provided by the company. Climate control needed.
Pros
Free lunches, paid vacation
Cons
Healthcare premium
The Automotive Life
Service Manager National Tire and Battery (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
This is a fast paced company that allows for advancement if you are willing to put in the work. There are long days and difficult customers but it can be worth it all in the end.
No life outside of work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  WestDecember 4, 2018
I have been working in this company for a number of years, local management is fair but firm, corporate management is a circus filled with clowns. I remember many days where it was back to back 15-17 hour shifts, 6 days a week. The raises are a joke you’ll get 25 cents if you’re really lucky and the pay at best is average. Corporate provides almost zero communication. If you enjoy seeing your wife or kids, good luck, there’s no room for them in your TBC life.
Pros
Overall good benefits
Cons
Can’t keep employees, bad pay for long work, overall horrible communication
Great company to work with
Technical Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLNovember 26, 2018
Management is very down to earth and it feels like a family in there, everyone is ready to help and has a positive environment. They have schedule flexibility also.
Good and Bad!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 14, 2018
My overall experience with TBC was satisfactory. Issues seem to be as follows:
1 - The Corporate Executives of different departments do not communicate well, therefore, one decision negatively affect other departments and vise versa...and the facility staff pay for it.
2 - The work life balance is better but still NOT balanced. The thought of an 8 hour day is foreign to TBC. If you are an exempt employee you can expect a 10 hour day EVERY day...at least!
3 - More specifically for point #1: Every year the facility goes through an issue where their yard gets over-crowded because of massive orders placed by purchasing, too many containers put on one ship, etc. This causes massive overtime hours and unsafe operating conditions for drivers in the yard. Also, one day they may have 20 outbound shipments and the next day there may be 36. The facility is WAY under-staffed for that many outbounds in one day! Staff at the facility has BEGGED for a consistent flow of outbounds during the week to avoid over-time, injuries, etc. It continues from the corporate level.
CORPORATE: Listen to the people that work at the DC! When you visit once every three months you have no REAL idea what is going on. Communicate between departments as well... Just because we can buy some tires in bulk...doesn't mean we should! Check your inventory and see how long some tires have been sitting there that were purchased at a "good deal". It's a DISTRIBUTION CENTER NOT A WAREHOUSE!

The management staff at the facility are good at their jobs. Unfortunately, they must be reactive. It is very hard to be proactive
  more... with the unpredictability of the work-flow. If corporate communicates and listens to the staff at the facility they'll be fine. It is unfortunate though that this probably won't happen.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours (when figured in with the pay...they pay doesn't look that good)
Stressfull. Rules change to fit situation. No job unitu
Stocker/order puller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 5, 2018
People are treated like ro ots. And expe ted to have 100% dedication to job. Managment hasnt grown up from highschool. And tend to worrymore about making friends and getting female employees in bed than working .
Great company to work at. Lots to learn and grow.
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2018
I have learned a lot at TBC. A person, with the right manager can grow and excel in their career. Working with one's peers is a very positive experience. Since no single person knows it all, and everyone has their own strengths, you can build your knowledge by working well with your peers. TBC believes in "giving back". You are encouraged to help either with your time or money.
Tbc
Risk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed working there and would go back, if there was an opening that I liked.

As Risk Administrator, I would responsible to keep track WC claims.
It depends on who you directly work for
Franchise Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2018
I worked for TBC's corporate office for two years must of the time was good, new management changed that but the company was still a good company with a lot of good people.
Pros
Good people, high pressure but still lax work environment
Cons
New upper management doesn't seem trustworthy. Based on how I saw them deal with other employees.
Good people and nice managers
Automotive Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 8, 2018
TBC company offers a lot of benefits for its employees and always made sure every employee took full advantage of the benefits if need be. This company always treated me as an equal to my fellow employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TBC Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.