TBC Corporation Culture reviews

Former Service Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAFebruary 22, 2019
The WORST corporate culture I've ever experienced. Fat, bald out of touch "leaders" who don't know your name, but flip through spreadsheets to see your numbers. Customer compliments are never relayed: Only the negative gets through. Run. Run fast. Run fast and don't look back. I finally escaped after they unceremoniously fired our GM, and had my replacement lined up. I asked if they did, AND THEY LIED. Fortunately, I got out before they could screw me. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Never trust anyone
Great Place to work - Technology driven company
Sr. Technical Project Manager - Contractor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2019
This is a great place to work, the people work well together and the computer is highly technology focused. The company believes in a good working culture and offers fun incentives like breakfast and or lunch on payday.
Pros
Free lunches and breakfast
Cons
Some offices can use some decorative upgrades
Wholesale
Corp (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 2, 2018
After the merger to create NTW, the whole culture of the wholesale division went down hill. Morale was low, no real direction, let key people go others left, but plenty of SVPs.
Pros
Good benefits, work hours
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of service
What a mess
Back end Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
Pros: decent pay, competitive benefits
Cons: lack of structure and management, was pretty much on my own for the most part except in the beginning. Lousy work environment with several different departments in one large room. The cubicles do nothing for sound and seemed to have a lack of space then my area was converted into a call center. Then one day I was hauled out of there and teminated for no disclosed reasons. Yeah, total s**t hole.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Productive work place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 12, 2018
Work Culture - good hard work - great employees

most enjoyable part of the job is to see my employees move up within the company and become supervisors and into managers
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks
Good Company,
Payroll Administrator Temp (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410March 26, 2018
Some days were busier then others as is the world of payroll. Managers were never to busy to answer a question. I enjoyed working as a team to accomplish goals
Pros
Team environment, good benefits
Career Opportunity
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 7, 2018
Came on board 2+ years ago. I have been given room to advance and have twice been promoted. The benefits and pay are amazing. The company is huge and has opportunities in many departments. The culture (from my understanding) has improved and the associates performance and recognition are getting stronger everyday.
I have recommended several people to this company.
Pros
Benefits, career opportunities
Cons
Small Compnay structure changes yearly
This company has a toxic culture that comes from the top.
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 31, 2017
The most difficult part of the job at TBC is dealing with some of the senior management members that behave in an almost abusive fashion to team members. There is a culture of bullying at TBC.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Terrible work environment
TBC was a good fast past job to work I enjoyed working there
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  4770 Hickory hill rdSeptember 27, 2017
Just stay busy and do your job and you'll have no complaints. It's a great place to work I work there for years. The manager was great and the employees was respectful
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and fast-pace work environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work consist of shipping out 25 to 30 trailers a day. I have learned different programs like SAP, Cognos, and ASW. Management could be a lot better then what it is. I love working with my co-workers, very peaceful workplace. There is no hard part of my job because I love a challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work where all your co-workers are happy to be there and everybody is ready to work.
Pros
Really nice work environment
Cons
Management and healthcare
TBC Corporation
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 17, 2017
TBC Corporation is international organization. This organization is very large. It was having some culture and staffing issues in the field. There was a lack of transparency with management. That was being addressed by improving company policies and procedures.

There are some great employees working there that make the organization.
Pros
improving of their company policies and great employees
Cons
Lack of training
Tech Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 30, 2017
Always on task, made sure everything was done quickly and efficiently with every vehicle.Would recommend to any of my friend to work here. Always had the right amount of workers for each day.
nice environment
Logistics Expeditor II (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 20, 2016
the company is great the work was easy and fun and the people are great to work for the environment was fun and the work was very interesting
don't believe the positive reviews - mngmt is weak and worthless
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm BeachMay 26, 2016
They make promises, they don't keep. They lie behind your back, to back stab you. You can't just do your job, politics is at full game here to save each others jobs. The new mngmt is a joke, they have no direction 4DX and can't follow thru with their own WIGS. You learn about your enemies, but you have to sell your soul to them..not worth it. The healthcare benefits, suck. You really never go on vacation. HR is a complete joke as it is run by the legal dept. conflict of interest. It is too bad that the parent company in Japan is unaware of the jokers running this place into the ground, ask the customers why they don't return.
Pros
Sunny FL.
Cons
the mngmt team
High Energy breakneck pace
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 3, 2015
A typical day, go once you hit the door

Learned on how to manage time

Co workers are thrown into the pool and you will sink or swim

Hardest part, being told its ok that the customers can shout profanities at you as their form of endearment.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is going home.
Pros
not sure
Cons
more than I could list
Terrible place to work
Network (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLAugust 16, 2015
Middle management and politics make working there awful. Most managers wouldn't know an Ethernet cable from a phone cable, yet they are there to evaluate you and your work (and compensation). Decisions are made on vendors by how many golf outings they take decision-makers on, or how many lunches they provide. No advancement opportunities though they pay a good deal of lip-service to changing this aspect of working there. Salaries are on the lowest 10-20% of the market - they expect to replace you within a year or two since they do not review competing salaries in the marketplace. If you have a choice of working for this company, or elsewhere, do yourself a favor and choose elsewhere.
Why the Grass is Not Greener
District-Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2015
Turnover rate is over 100% annually. If you have integrity and a good work ethic you do not want to work for this company. I fell for the "New Company Image" and a 25% salary increase. Very low morale company wide at the store and district levels. I had an RVP that has no respect for employees and sabotaged any attempt I made to connect with my team. Once I protested the way the RVP treated and spoke to my teammates and myself, the threats started. Human resources cowers to the regional managers and do not represent the employees. Since I enjoy sleeping at night, I had no choice but to quit just under 5 months into this nightmare.

In order to eliminate the "Culture of Fear" , you must first replace Managers that intimidate and instill fear, with Leaders that are compassionate, ethical and consistent.

As they continue to loose retail managers, maybe executives will put effort into finding out who is really working for them.
Pros
High Salary is the Bait!
Cons
Bad ethics towards employees and customers.
The people and the enviroment are awesome and the skills learned are good.
VP Talent Management/HR (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach GardensMarch 31, 2015
TBC is a great company.
Very friendly coworkers, fun environment
However it's extremely busy. There are
many bosses... not enough leaders that inspire a team
Pros
Stable and growing.
Cons
many bosses... not enough leaders that inspire
fun workplace
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 10, 2015
The co-workers are wonderful. I did not know anything about Human Resources when I started. Its a wonderful environment. The most enjoyable and most difficult part of my job is assisting people find the best position in the field.
Pros
working with my co-workers
Cons
issues with communication with the field
nothing good to say
Store Manager for Merchant's I (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VaSeptember 23, 2014
This is a high stress culture where one minute you are a hero and the next a zero
Pros
money was not bad
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TBC Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.