TCC- The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

Amazing
Tech Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 15, 2019
This is an amazing company to be employed with. They go out of their way to make sure that all of their employees are living a comfortable life and have a healthy work environment.
Pros
Cons
Nothing that I can think of.
Sales Representative
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Graham, WAMarch 5, 2019
Strongly disliked my job. The manager was a creep, and the work life balance was not heard of. I had to quit a team that I was on because he wouldn't approve my days off. Hourly was EXTREMELY low, so if it was slow (which it often was) you did not make any money.
Former manager
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 1, 2019
This company will seem so good on the outside but they will pay you 8 bucks a hour and only give you 17.5% of what you sell. On average your sale for a new iPhone case and screen protector you make like 20-30 bucks on average per sale plus if your not a manager your only gonna get 31 hours.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance, unrealistic expectations, worst upper management I have ever seen
Overall good place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 28, 2019
Hours are retail, which means you’re working every weekend. Pay and benefits are great. People are fun to work with, but working with the public is always difficult.
Pros
Pay, benefits, co workers
Cons
Hours, no work/ life balance
Good option for Sales experience but not for a career.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INFebruary 26, 2019
This company may push its strong "culture of good" as they put it, but that's not the case. Commission has fluctuated quite a few times since starting. Also, you'll see other associates who should get the boot for bad habits or not following policy still stick around after more than just a few strikes. The company lacks communication and has some lazy management in the ranks. Overall the smaller issues get handled but things that affect the bigger picture do not. This dealer may be one of Verizon's premium ones but internally doesn't come off that way. From my experience with these dealers you're better off on trying into Corporately owned cellualr stores than the smaller guys. Just because they're selling the brand doesn't mean the experience is all the same.
This company prioritizes a metric over employee well-being
Technology Advisor (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYFebruary 23, 2019
Wireless is one of the most competitive industries on the planet. The employee interaction with customers is critical for a salesperson to make a living in the wireless sales field. Management is disconnected from the front lines of the business practices. This company does not prioritize being a world class place to work only that they move a number at the expense of overworking and abusing the life blood of the company its people and associates.
Pros
Verizon Benefits
Cons
Mismanaged, not a competitive employer, future is uncertain
A good place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elberton, GA 30635February 10, 2019
It was a good place to work at. It was a good experience meeting new people. It also helped me become a better sales representative. I really appreciated the opportunit.
Tcc
Tech Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 24, 2019
Worked there for a year, fun place to work. Pay was great while I was there, not sure what the pay is now. Discounts were awesome. And the benefits are very good.
Pros
Pay
This company is a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 3rd and spring gardenJanuary 24, 2019
If you don't want to get fired for no reason then find a job somewhere else because this company will lie in your face about everything and it's not worth $8 a hour.
Pros
Cons
They are liers and frauds!!!
Full time brown noser
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 23, 2019
Company is forever changing compensation and policy,no room for advancement unless your a brown noser. Management picks and chooses who works for them, if you're friends with the manager you can basically do whatever you want without any repercussions. They follow the "do what I say" rather than the practice what you preach method. They expect too much from their employees, and if you don't adhere to the changes they find ways to right you up. Management is a joke, they make up new rules that aren't in the companies policy handbook, and if you don't follow them then it's a right up. Working here is like being in highschool all over again, there's plenty of drama and he said she said type of environment, it's very uneasy coming in for your shift when you know your employees speak I'll of one another. In conclusion I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you want to relive highschool all over again on a daily basis.
good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2019
good place to work just the pay was not good.. loved the people and the atmosphere.. it was a clean and well equipped location in center city philadelphia
Decent entry lvl job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 19, 2019
They force you to sell a Verizon hum and it honestly turns into ppl sneaking the Verizon hum on the customers accounts.
They creat a selling environment with no integrity
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
They fire you if you don’t sell hum
Fun workplace
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 16, 2019
If you want to sell and make money this is a great place to work. If you are not driven to succeed it will be hard to get ahead. Management is great and very supportive; coworkers are fun and there is no ego which is great especially in sales.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
No benefits
Loved my job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnham, PAJanuary 16, 2019
I worked for an independent chain of TCC. Honestly a great company. I only left due to having personal problems at the time and couldn’t balance it with work.
Pros
Commission, hours, management
The white bear location gets no traffic the manager said they get 300 Customers a month I didn’t see 70 Black Friday.
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJanuary 15, 2019
When there’s no traffic your basically making $8 an hour that’s not worth it then they pressure you into adding more service on tech support questions. It’s unbelievable they try to wheel you in with the sign on bonus.
Pros
Free stuff from companies like speck.
Cons
$8 an hour due to the traffic.
Good company if you like sales
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed who I worked with and who I worked for. I just didn't want to do sales anymore. Sales goals were alright compared to some other companies but they also wanted to sell a satellite provider that was a bit sub-par.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Sales and sales goals
This place was good for sales and friends
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  University Place, WAJanuary 7, 2019
I made some pretty good friends here and I really like my manager. The sales for the store I worked at weren't always realistic but that was because it was my conscience getting in the way.
This place is a 3 ring circus!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 5, 2019
This place is a 3 ring circus with a clown for a CEO! I worked here for 3 years. The first year was nice. Then came the comp changes. Every year with every change you made less money. For the good employees I'm talking $10k less. Company has been on a complete downspiral and hasn't done anything to change it.
Pros
Working with your team
Cons
Not enough space to list them all.
Productive and Fun
Technology Advisor (Former Employee) –  Margate City, NJJanuary 3, 2019
Good place to work but its slow paced, Competitive environment ,they help the community by using their culture of good campaign and other social events .
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Slow paced
TCC provides tools to help you advance in you career lige beyond TCC.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, GADecember 13, 2018
Amazing training portals provided to help your career development as a whole which reach beyond TCC. Truly walks the walk when it comes to giving to the community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCC- The Cellular Connection. Our community is ready to answer.