TCC- The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Poor Greenville Market to work for
employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2018
District Manager the worst. If you bend her over, she will do for you. If not, she will push you out the door. How do you argue with the CEO and still have a job? Argue with her and you lose your job. She does not live up to the company's 5 promises. A college educated woman and still can't figure out why she is always short handed.
Pros
decent money
Cons
long hours, no time off when short staffed, poor leadership
Great job to get yourself through school.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleview, FLAugust 14, 2018
Working at TCC I was able to work and go to school, it helped me position myself to get to the next step of my career. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the team and learn from amazing people.
ever changing work enviroment
TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 7, 2018
Unbalanced pay structure that would change over night without notice.
I learned scheduling, management skills, and auditing, unfortunately did not get pay for such skills and tasks
Pros
technology based prizes
Cons
pay went down without notice
TCC is a great company to work for!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for TCC while I was there. Their culture is really great! They definitely give back to the community. The only thing I did not care for was the aggressive selling style they wanted to instill on the sales floor. I am extremely ethical and honest in all I do and I do not sell products to customers who do not need them. Verizon is an amazing product, it is easy to sell. However, not every customer needs 3 accessories with every phone and a tablet to go along with it as well. They need to shift their focus on other things to sell as accessories can be bought for half the price on line now. They also change their company strategy as far as leadership, employee positions, store locations and compensation alignment too often. This makes for an unsettled and unstable workforce. They do have amazing recognition events for their overall staff. They do a lot for different charity organizations
Pros
Company culture, Paid time off, charity focused
Cons
Too many changes too often
TCC Rocks!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 31, 2018
TCC has an extremely unique culture compared to most big corporations. I have felt like a member of the TCC family since my first day working here. There's not many companies where you get to have a meeting with the CEO and entire corporate office every Tuesday afternoon. In my role in particular there is no micromanagement which is a huge plus to me. Plus, we are given 16 paid hours every year to do volunteer work for causes we are passionate about. In addition to that we participate in 4 big volunteer events every year for teachers, seniors, children, and veterans. I couldn't speak more highly about the amazing company that TCC is!
Poor mangment
Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 30, 2018
Poor management
Pay structure changes all the time. (Commissons)
Regular hourly pay changes up and down. It makes hard to keep life/work bqlance and hard to manage your budget.
Love coming to work each day
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 27, 2018
TCC has provided a great work environment and great living for myself and my family. It is up to all of us, not just the CEO, to keep the family feel and focus on growth and success. All levels need to keep a primary focus on the core business and sales functions and not always looking forward or sideways for the "next thing".
Pros
Love the people and environment, Good Pay/Benefits
Cons
Little accountability with Senior Leadership, Always trying to reinvent the wheel, Attention regularly pulled away from Core Business
Leave your integrity at the door.
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 18, 2018
I have never worked for a more micromanaged company than TCC. Sell what they want not what the customer needs or be fired. Avoid customers with questions, they drive down conversion rates and you will be fired. They say employees matter but terminate entire staffs rather than training them. They say customers matter but sell them merchandise and services that they neither need or sometimes are aware they purchased.
Pros
Selling Verizon.
Cons
Working with and for liars.
Not a job that you can make "honest" money with.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 18, 2018
I would run the other way of offered a position with TCC. They want pushy sales reps. It's all about the might dollar yo TCC.
Works was boring and it was 10+ hours days.
Pros
Ficounted cellular service
Cons
All of the previously mentioned.
Competitive place to work
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 17, 2018
They DO NOT care about their employees or stand by their motto "Employees Matter". All they care about is using u to put more money in their pockets. Their super fake (the ones I dealt with). I definitely went above and beyond for the company and NEVER got "pinned" for it. I provided official documention of customer's signature to prove vital information that was disclosed however got stuck with it. I got terminated for other situations that I had zero control over and had no moral support of my managers. There is NO job security. Turnover ratio is high. Compensation constantly changed therefore resulting in financial instability. Tried to claim unemployment after the fact and their response was that I didn't adhere to certain guidelines. Guidelines to what I didn't have control over??! Ok. Bottom line my whole life came to an abrupt halt based on customers making stuff up and because I couldn't make those particular customers happy.
Pros
Free lunches & Awards
Cons
All management cares about they is putting more money in their pockets.
Culture is great, that’s about it.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ILJuly 10, 2018
Culture of good (quarterly volunteering and donation events) is the best part about this place. The rest isn’t worth it. No advancement opportunities past management. Upper management roles constantly cut leaving people demoted. Salary and commission, but managers do not get bonuses off of their store, some sales reps make more than managers do because of this. No work life balance, short staffed stores the employees are expected to work 10+ hour days alone, multiple days in a row. A lot could be fixed with better communication.
Pros
Culture of good events
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
I have nothing to say at the moment. I will likely update this in the future. You sell cellphones for Verizon as well as tablets, HUM, and DISH Network.
Forget about family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORJuly 1, 2018
If you want to devote your entire life to lies and sales. Then be prepared to battle it out between your friends and colleges to stay off the chopping block; they talk about teams and coaches but show no real sportsmanship. The company went through so many image changes they seem to have forgoten about the employees that stood by them. Not the entire company was this way, but i would recommend them reviewing some of the ring leaders they have running the show. Wolves in sheep's clothing.
Worst company
sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 2, 2018
STAY AWAY , Apply to this job if you want but you will be miserable, very low pay , no paid holidays , job threatened daily , No Advancement opportunity , Store manager was good but leadership above are lazy and don’t do nothing
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Tcc Verizon
Manager (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NY 11787June 1, 2018
It was a good company to work for. Too many changes started happening from salary to minimum standards. The highest management were never held accountable.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
no accountability
Good Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 27, 2018
TCC is a great place to work at with the right team. The pay is higher than other companies in the industry, and there is room for advancement if you work hard enough.
Great place to grow
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNMay 25, 2018
I learned a great deal here and grew personally and professionally during my time with TCC. The pay is one of the highest percentages of pay I have ever earned in wireless. Yes, one has to get up and go and it is not easy to attain always, but that is why the role is a sales role. I greatly appreciated my leadership in helping me grow to the next step. The company is in some growing pains because of how quickly they are growing, but the company makes strides to understand where people are at and how the company could grow and become better, and that always meant a lot to me.
Pros
Compensation, ability to have 401k in wireless, management- my DM was one of the best managers I have ever had
Cons
Wish management was even more hands on in stores, disconnect sometimes between upper management and what is going on in store, would be great to have management in stores more, boosts morale of team
Management terrible
Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 19, 2018
Manager was always late and everything was based on him and his outside of work schedule. Company itself is very unsympathetic of death in families. The company cares more about taking people’s money than actually helping people especially with tech problems. Poor pay only $8/ hour (only 17.5% commission) reprimanded employees in front of customers.
Pros
Benefits, if you’re good at sales you could make decent money with some bonuses, they give back to community
Cons
Management sucks, terrible environment
It was ok
Sales/Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 16, 2018
Takes a while for commission to kick in. It's a decent job depending on who your coworkers are. You have to literally talk customers into products and devices you know they don't need and won't be able to work in order to please your superiors.
Pros
Good info on all the latest phones.
Cons
When the store is slow, so is your money.
Great lesson Learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 13, 2018
Now I know what I dont want in a position ever again. If you want manager to roll eyes at you while training, watch multiple managers get fired, complete lack of training and support, no appreciation for going beyond, you'll love it here!
Pros
Lesson learned
Cons
Read above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCC- The Cellular Connection. Our community is ready to answer.