TCC- The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

great pay
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
TCC has a great company value. The management at the company lacks structure. Sales goals are realistic and manageable. Training for the company makes you very well;l equipped to complete tasks expected of an employee daily.
They don't care
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 6, 2018
The Richland WA store has a major issue. It looks like a vacant building. The corporate office is unwilling to invest anything into the location to make it look like an open business. The low stock makes the store noncompetitive with any other location. A working open sign is to much to ask for. Windows that allow you to see in the store from the parking lot is not concern for them. On top of that they pay 8.50 and hour + commission. Being an incredibly slow store you can expect about minimum wage.
Cons
1 day off a week; slow slow slow
Horrible
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALOctober 6, 2018
Management pretty much sucked only met her once during my time there. It’s very slow paced as far as training you would have to learn on your own workers always outside or smoking never really helped when questions was asked i have nothing good to say about this job
You don't want to work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALOctober 1, 2018
The manager is psychotic. She spent all day, every day making personal phone calls. She screams and swears at the employees. I was fired after 6 days literally because I asked for help with their complicated systems.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
worst manager I've ever seen
Compensation is not equal to the work load.
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALSeptember 30, 2018
Your pay is actually $9.00 per hour plus commission, which can be difficult at times to acquire. If you don't sale at least 5 tablets or other connected devices as new activations and reach a certain percentage of your quota, you forfeit that month's commission and only get your hourly pay which never increases. Employees only receive discounts on accessories during special events once or twice a year. Corporate management enforces the use of broken software systems that continually cause issues making the job harder than it should be and has caused many issues in payroll and commission payouts. Management has unrealistic expectations for how the sale is to be conducted which makes it difficult to provide good service to your customers and your performance is never good enough. Truly a toxic work environment with an irregular schedule. The only thing this company looks at in regards to its employees are sales numbers and the environment is very cutthroat.
Pros
Some customers are great, discounted rates on Verizon service
Cons
Erratic schedule, policy makes it too easy to not get paid your commission, management is unrealistic in expectations for how you would handle everyday situations, company policies make the job more difficult than other retailers
Don’t do it.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexander CitySeptember 27, 2018
I work at the store in Alex city and it’s horrile. Unless you like to “click-up” and mistreat other go for it. They have clicks and want you to everything click up or they will show you the door. Also, they are so rude. I have never seen anything like it. I’m the customer service is so bad, they’ll make you mad they way they treat some people. They lazy but get made when I try to study for school when everyone is either on their phones or on social media while with customer, but get mad at me when I study in private.
Pros
Cons
Everything, seriously.
Competative work environment and questionable infrastructure
Cellular salesman (Former Employee) –  HavanaSeptember 27, 2018
This employer wants immediate results and provided little to no training in a competative work environment. Pay scale and benifits can change depending on company profits. Management push their problems to higher ups.
This company is not a place for beginner sales reps. and was an eye opening experience into the competative world of mobile device sales.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Infrastructure
Decent company, poor management.
Indirect Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILSeptember 27, 2018
My experience there was not great. The manager I had was incompetent, rude, and obviously chose favorites. She didn't care about training her employees properly and would get upset about mistakes made.
I know other employees of the company and they all love their job, but they all work at different locations

It was very rewarding though when I was able to actually sit and work with a customer. I would teach them all about their devices and they would leave more educated and confident.
Technology Advisor (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 6, 2018
Servers at both addresses have the brisk, well-drilled, impersonal and slightly numbed quality that comes of waiting on hundreds of people a day. At Nobu Fifty-Seven, one told me, “Our menu is kaiseki style, so it’s like tapas. Everything is meant for sharing.” I must have looked confused because he added, “Some dishes are going to be bigger than others.”
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice place to work!
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INSeptember 6, 2018
Great job with great hours and generous pay, TCC is a fantastic work environment. With a caring and accepting staff and an intelligent and focused manager, I was provided with the proper training needed to excel at my job and run up my paycheck!
Very good retail job that pays competitively
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 4, 2018
TCC is a pretty typical retail job in terms of hours. Pay is competitive and responsibilities require you to sell. This is not a job for someone looking to be a clerk. They take performance seriously and will recognize top performers. Training is decent but they will put people on notice if they don't improve. There is some pressure to perform due to this, however, if you don't want to be successful in sales, this job is not for you.
Pays well but is severely understaffed most of the time
Tech Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 22, 2018
hard to have a life when there are minimal employees, however the paychecks are good especially if you know how to sell. Some managers are excellent, some are lacking just like any company. overall a good retail job if you dont mind random hours.
TCC culture is awesome
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCAugust 15, 2018
I had a great time, the best part of the business was culture of good. I personally enjoyed traveling to their headquarters for the sales rally. Those were good times and very educational.
Pros
Some traveling, prizes and recognition
Cons
Showed favoritism a lot!
Poor Greenville Market to work for
employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2018
District Manager the worst. If you bend her over, she will do for you. If not, she will push you out the door. How do you argue with the CEO and still have a job? Argue with her and you lose your job. She does not live up to the company's 5 promises. A college educated woman and still can't figure out why she is always short handed.
Pros
decent money
Cons
long hours, no time off when short staffed, poor leadership
Great job to get yourself through school.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleview, FLAugust 14, 2018
Working at TCC I was able to work and go to school, it helped me position myself to get to the next step of my career. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the team and learn from amazing people.
Must Maneuver your way to Success, Up The Ladder
Technology Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FloridaAugust 8, 2018
Not as good about HR issues as one would hoped if involved, room for advancement is APLENTY if you work very hard and stay consistent, money will find you. However there is a pay cap eventually when you reach general management. Very fun job- I loved it and was passionate about it. The clientele is amazing and loyal if you give them your time and effort.
Pros
Build your resume
Cons
No breaks (in the USA). Long hours on your feet. (damaged my Achilles tendon from standing.)
Horrible Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 7, 2018
Horrible Company to work for District Manager does nothing and is very unprofessional. Pay is very low . Stay away .. Unless you want to be miserable .
ever changing work enviroment
TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 7, 2018
Unbalanced pay structure that would change over night without notice.
I learned scheduling, management skills, and auditing, unfortunately did not get pay for such skills and tasks
Pros
technology based prizes
Cons
pay went down without notice
Sales
Interim Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILAugust 5, 2018
Its cell sales at Verizon, doesn't get much different from store to store. corporate Verizon makes it hard to do your job with constant changes and unreliable back end systems
TCC is a great company to work for!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for TCC while I was there. Their culture is really great! They definitely give back to the community. The only thing I did not care for was the aggressive selling style they wanted to instill on the sales floor. I am extremely ethical and honest in all I do and I do not sell products to customers who do not need them. Verizon is an amazing product, it is easy to sell. However, not every customer needs 3 accessories with every phone and a tablet to go along with it as well. They need to shift their focus on other things to sell as accessories can be bought for half the price on line now. They also change their company strategy as far as leadership, employee positions, store locations and compensation alignment too often. This makes for an unsettled and unstable workforce. They do have amazing recognition events for their overall staff. They do a lot for different charity organizations
Pros
Company culture, Paid time off, charity focused
Cons
Too many changes too often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCC- The Cellular Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about