TCF Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,145 reviews matching the search See all 1,159 reviews
Tcf
Officer, Lead Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 19, 2018
TCF Bank is a great place if you are looking to get experience that other banks may not give you. If you put in the hard work, they will reward you with promotions. They look to hire from within first.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MISeptember 18, 2018
Working at TCF was a lot of fun. The day to day tasks and building and maintaining customer relationships was by far the best part of this position. :)
Management/business is too afraid to commit to anything
Agile Coach - Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 16, 2018
TCF is their own worse enemy. There is no change management in place at all, any change is feared and fought against by everyone. This is why they are years behind in technology such as online banking, banking app, etc. Until the business side of TCF rents a pair, they will NEVER make any real advancement in any aspect of banking. They are overly PC compliant and so afraid of upsetting anyone for anything. it's a colony of snowflakes and hot house orchids.
Pros
there are a few good people to work with in the Dev. department .
Cons
Low wages, extremely political environment, management has NO courage, and loves to blame others for their short comings.
Customer Services frendly enviriment
Loan Officer/Processor, MIT, (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Working for TCF was enjoyable, and helping the customer with the right products and support our team, Before I became a loan officer I was a MIT manager in training and I had to travel to train other employee from TCF in IT system.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Manager
Indeed is forcing me to fill this out
Business Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 5, 2018
I don't appreciate that I'm required to fill this out. I'd rather not fill this out. If you continue to make people leave a review, Indeed's rating will most likely fall.
Competitive yet relaxed environment
Quality Assurance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 4, 2018
I started in funding then moved up to Quality Control-Audit. Our work load was intense at times, but not unrealistic. Management did an excellent job of keeping us up to date with any changes to the P&P or rules and regulations. The culture was a laid back one, we were able to dress casual on a daily basis, there were ping pong tournaments and fun activities for the employees to participate in throughout the year.
Great
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 4, 2018
I loved it! Great place to grow and advance. The commute was horrible but was worth it. Helping people on the phone all day is enjoyable. Management wasn't the same page which makes it cringey
low pay
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Supervisors barely made 12.00/hr. No bonuses at that time. Generally did not care for working with this company. Met some great people, but that's about it.
Conservative Pay, Some areas Stressful
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 2, 2018
Pay was conservative,Some departments better than others, I learned about different areas of banking in the thirty five years I was there. Some areas of employment were quite stressful.
Pros
Some of the people I worked with
Cons
Some work was stressful
Sales
Assistant Bank (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 30, 2018
(The goal of this company is to sell their products to each and every customer). This companies overall view of sales is to get the customer in with the products that they offer. Sometimes this is hard to do. When going out into a grocery chain and talking to potential customers it can be intimidating. Most tellers are not equipped to approach people and be able to sale banking products.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Long store hours
Tcf bank
Senior Banking Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 28, 2018
TCF Bank was a good place to learn the banking industry and develop skills to further advance your career. managers were supportive and training was provided and encouraged.
Was ok my manager was great
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 27, 2018
Customer service. That was about all. The job was not hard. I was part time and was a teller. The team members were very nice. I liked talking to the customers.
Pros
no nights
Cons
part time
Short term
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILAugust 26, 2018
I moved up fast with the company. Due to a lack of training and a high turn over rate that managerial position was short lived due to the branch failing an audit.
Pros
Good benefits and fast promotions
Cons
Lack of training and high turn over rate
It was good start of my current career
Teller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 23, 2018
TCF is a great place to begin your banking career. Interns are able to connect with TCF leadership and are given experiences meant to help with advancement.
Company culture is fantastic and people like to attend company events together.
its a great stepping stone to get your foot in the door
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 22, 2018
TCF is a good place to work if you are just starting your financial career. however I compare it to the McDonalds of the Financial world. its an ok place to start but not great to continue your career.
Great learining expierence
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2018
I worked for TCF for about a year. During that time I had a baby and before I left on maternity leave my manager had told she was willing to promote me to supervisor. Well when I came back she said no I will not be promoted, plus they had hired a new employee because she wasn't sure if I was going to come back or not. Which I never, said anything about not coming back, but overall it was a decent place to work. I will recommended it for those who don't have any banking experience
Nothing much
Bank Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
Company is ok, But needs to take better care of its Workers and not treat the managers like they are the kings and queens ,Most of the Supervisors and Assitant managers,and Relationship bankers do all the work anyways, but it is always the managers who receive the best praise.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Management's
Not the worst
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 15, 2018
I worked here for awhile and enjoyed it, we did get robbed once when I was working. Scared the deal out of me, but it wasn't as bad as the movies. They do give a lot of acknowledgement to their workers and the customers are usually very nice.
Tcf is an average Company to work for
Operation Specialist/Coordinator 3 Wire Transfer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 9, 2018
TCF as a company is average, their benefit is pretty good, their advancement isn't as strong as other company. The hours are fair for a company but the location and commute isn't convenience. The Manager/Supervisor are inconsistent with rules.
I was only part time
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNAugust 8, 2018
I worked weekends. It paid for my vehicle expenses. It was great while it lasted. The people were great. Management was good. What more can I say about a weekend job?
Pros
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCF Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight