TCF Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,181 reviews matching the search See all 1,195 reviews
Phenomenal bank to work for
Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILNovember 13, 2018
TCF really takes care of their employee. loved working here, they offered great hours and a health club for all of their employees. Compensation was great also with great benefits.
Overview
Corporate Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 5, 2018
Very paper based and needing some major advancements. Management is not supportive until the have to be. Your left wandering in the woods to find your own way.
productive/challenging diverse workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 1, 2018
It was a good opportunity to add to my customer service skills, I now have in person and over the phone skills to add to my resume. there was some selling and technical skills i learned as well.
No advance
Teller (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 31, 2018
I Love the financial environment yet, They were not allowing to perform the best duties for their clients. I wanted more. I found better options. I like to keep educated on all the benefits that can be provided.
Pros
sales
Cons
lack of product
Productive workplace, Sales driven branch
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60640October 30, 2018
I was able to work my way up, from being a teller to becoming an
Assistant manager.
the most enjoyable part of TCF is having daily coaching and support.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Health care, heater, no sitting, poor heater, no breakroom
Too Stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 29, 2018
Position was very manageable at first. Poor timing choices for system and application upgrades ramped the stress up. Between constant system issues and ever-increasing job expectations, it was too much.
My journey to succeed in the Banking industry
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 28, 2018
I loved working for the company, but I wanted more growth and better compensation. I decided to grow within the banking industry with another firm and by obtaining some sort of certification to advance my knowledge.
Unusual work requirements
GRC Business System Analyst and Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 24, 2018
I thought that being dedicated to your employer and working hard for them lead to success. I guess that to be successful in the Operational Risk Area and maintain job security, you need to be able to play games on your phone and do outside work on company time or always have an excuse to beate or leave early.....this will get you success....in particular in the corporate pillar.
Nice people and flexibility hour
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 23, 2018
I work the the teller line and I helping customer with deposit , withdrawal , online banking , open new accounts and cross sale TCF products. I also managed and train my staff on operation and sales. The hard part of my job is Management and High turn over.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good Training and nice people
Cons
Low pay, high turn over and out dated technology
Fast paced work enviroment. Fun people
Assistant Branch Manager I (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILOctober 23, 2018
I'm a fast learner and I got promoted pretty quickly at TCF bank. I was responsible for opening a certain amount of accounts per month. I always exceeding their expectations. I loved when a customer had a complaint and I was able to put a smile on their face. Met a bunch of cool people here.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
stressful at times
Typical office work
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 20, 2018
Not much flexibility regarding shifts. Unwillingness to promote or provide opportunities. Benefits are extremely minimal, especially regarding holiday time and PTO.
Poor management
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 16, 2018
The coworkers where I work only cared for themselves. They were unhappy people, they wanted to drag you down instead of helping you advance in your career.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Jealousy among coworkers. No health benefit for pat time employee.
Not Bad
Bank Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 15, 2018
A decent place to work. They are getting better but still have a lot of issues to work on. Management is there for the long haul and feel as if they are dedicated to the success of the business.
Pros
Good people, Work life balance
Cons
Low pay, not enough resources
a typical bank
Personal Banker/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 15, 2018
TCF has been pretty good to me in the past, I can't really say to many bad things about them. The manager support were always helpful, even if they couldn't fix my issues completely, at least they were friendly.
i would never recomment this bank
Relationship Banker (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Round Lake Beach, ILOctober 13, 2018
You are forced to spend 3+ hours in aisles chasing down store customers, the only focus is achieving the sales goal not the customers best interest. The manager at my location did not know how to separate her personal life from work and it made it a nightmare for myself and the other employees. Little was done to help us move up or improve besides constantly going over our numbers for the month
Competitive bank. Great opportunities.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 12, 2018
Tcf strives for competitive rates and products. Recently updated their training program which is a lot better. They are making many positive changes within the company.
Recent corporate decisions completely off base.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 10, 2018
Corporate headquarters decided upon two major software changes that were complete and utter failures. And in that process they changed the company so drastically that the culture also dissipated in disappeared one by one. It was even most evident within the human resources department. They chose software that was nowhere near capable of handling the measure of employees within the company Nationwide.
Great Company/ Horrible Management
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
TCF is a good company. I was so excited to work for TCF. When I started a had a great boss. She transferred to another location. Then came a horrible boss who was promoted by default. She wasn’t ready to be a Branch Manager .
Stressful training and development but once learned everything goes smoothly
Relationship Banker/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNOctober 9, 2018
Stressful work environment when lobby gets busy and a lot of competitiveness that goes on among coworkers that are seeking advancement. You can easily be let go as a relationship banker if your cash drawer is off by 500 dollars or more and employment turnover rate is very high.
Very negitive enviroment
LOSS MITIGATION-LENDING-COLLECTIONS (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 5, 2018
TCF has a poisonous work environment. You start to trust no one & constantly are looking over your back & making sure you are covering your back end on everything you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCF Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight