TCF Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,213 reviews matching the search See all 1,227 reviews
Tcf
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2019
-Highly goal oriented.
-Customer Service is a must.
-Fast-paced work environment.
-Scheduling.
-Oracle
-Tableau.
-Sales Force
-Building customer relationships.
It is as good as you make it.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 15, 2019
If you focus on you and maximize the opportunities there you can be as successful as you allow yourself to be. If you worry about the opportunities given to those around you, you will not have a positive experience.
Pros
The people
Cons
Middle management
Loan Reviewer Loan Shipper Processor
Loan Reviewer/Loan Shipper/Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 15, 2019
For the roles and responsibilities was reviewing loans for secondary market, then we shipped the loan notes after endorsing them requirements of sale
Pros
Promotions were great
Cons
Medical coverage
It was great experience working at TCF.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
It was great experience working at TCF. It was challenging at some limit, and afterwards it became less challenging and more repetitive typical day at work.
It was more sales oriented job and less accounting experience that I expected.
Great place to gain more customer service experience and teamwork.
Hard working HR department Members
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48152January 14, 2019
A typical day on the job consists of routine processing of FMLA, UIA responses, and employee relations. What I learned is an HR Generalist has many different levels of responsibility, and I was over qualified for this role. Nevertheless, the workplace culture was repetitive and the hardest part of the job was not being able to utilize the skills I learned, as work was very structured. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting good people, having my own office for privacy, and helping the employees in my region.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No growth opportunity, very structured
Pretty Good
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2019
I was able to move up within TCF which was great. I had superb managers and a lot of great colleagues. TCF struggles with communication as a whole and executive support (at least up until I left in 2016). Also, if you are employed long term, your salary will be low. New employees make more money so you have to be your own advocate and speak up if you are concerned about your pay and internal equity.
Overall though, I really enjoyed TCF and am sure most people would enjoy working there.
Decent place to work.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 14, 2019
Decent place to work if the employee has recently graduated high school and is looking to start a career or while attending college. Once an employee is able to gain some experience there are other options that may allow the employee to find a different career path that leads to a more desireable form of employement.
Sales! Sales! Sales!
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  South Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Not to bad a company to work for, management was nice overall sometimes you would have a young supervisior who thinks he or she knows it all but after a while they were usually transfered or fired. Working for TCF Bank was not for the faint at heart it was face paced and all about sales, you had to solicite and sale so many checking accounts per month and you had to meet your quota every month or there were consequences so thats where the stress would come in. But for the most part the work place was enjoyable and I learned alot of information about banking.
Pros
Nice company to work from
Cons
Fast Paced stressful and all about sales.
Rewarding workplace
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of opening accounts and handling money, I learned how to count really fast and management was always great. Hardest part of the job was the early morning hours, best part was the benefits.
Pros
benefits, dental insurance
Cons
short breaks
Not great
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 12, 2019
I worked for TCF for almost 5 years, there were too many unethical things that they let slide in my time there. I would report it and there was no change. Upper management was terrible
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MI 48101January 9, 2019
I really loved working at TCF and was very upset when I had to leave. I felt included and supported as an employee and made fast friends with my coworkers.
Pros
good startup job, decent pay, flexible management
refuse
Records Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 9, 2019
I refuse to comment on this particular employer. My best advise is to see for yourself. I think this field should not be a required field. This is really annoying more than anything.
It was a long time ago
Item Processing Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2018
It was over 25 years ago that I worked for TCF Bank. The culture may have changed significantly since then, so it would not be fair of me to comment on the culture. What I will say is that I learned an enormous amount about operations during my tenure there, and it positioned me to be successful in the next chapter in my career.
Pros
Learning and growth opportunities
Cons
Corporate Culture (25+ years ago)
ok
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 27, 2018
working here is ok, I love my schedule but you have to be good with management so they respect it. It can be very busy or slow depending on the branch. Very sales oriented
Betrayed
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 26, 2018
They out-sourced to a foreign country and are closing the Sioux Falls location. They lied and denied the closing at every questioning for nearly a year. Deceptive.
Large Dollar Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 25, 2018
Tcf was a very good place to work, very relaxed and laid back. But they did not pay enough and they do not advance people or try to help with advancing peoples career
Very friendly enviornment, awesome customers.
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIDecember 21, 2018
TCF was one of my favorite jobs. The customers were all so nice and made my job even more enjoyable. The manager was such a sweet woman, and was always eager to help out when help was needed.
Pros
Paid vacation days
Cons
Not enough work hours
Business Banking Manager
Business Banking Manager - Denovo Branch (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
Responsible primarily for gathering deposits and new account relationships. Lending was a component but not a focus and referrals to upper divisions was highly encouraged.
Awesome experience
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNDecember 9, 2018
Everything is awesome and awesome opportunity to grow within the company. Yes, lots of customer service skills and sales goals. The only disappointment part is that the salary aren't the best to make you stay very long and its a lot of part time work. If you want to stick around, you'll end up working another part time job to make a living for a good year or two depending.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
salary and not alot of full time
easy job
Relationship Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 8, 2018
Working as a relationship banker was a really easy job comparatively to anything in the food industry. It could get stressful at times but not really. This company is well managed and organized everyone seems to enjoy working there. Small environment though you might only have 3 coworkers and a few managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCF Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight