TCF Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,266 reviews matching the search See all 1,282 reviews
Not going back
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 18, 2019
Management was unresponsible, left everything to do for yourself and fend for yourself. Very cheap company with no good benefits and don't appreaciate their workers at all.
Customer experience driven
Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 15, 2019
TCF Bank is passionate about enhancing the customer experience, driving beneficial solutions, and making it easier for customers to bank with TCF. This passion drives all business decisions.
Better Options Out There
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 11, 2019
Very low pay compared to industry averages. Very sales-heavy corporate culture, even for service-focused employees. Many co-workers are great to work with but the company doesn't do much to make employees feel valued.
The biggest positive is this is a good place to get a foot into the door of the banking industry.
Poor Culture at my location
Senior Loan Partner (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 10, 2019
I think TCF could be good a good place to work for outside of the office I was located it. It was management in my individual branch that made me leave. Benefits were very good.
Tcf
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2019
I have gained a great experience work with a team .
I have enhanced my customer service skills and learned to work under pressure. It’s defiantly been a great experience and I am ready to complete other challenges.
Constantly taking phone calls to help customers concerns and questions
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2019
Tcf bank offers great opportunity for a motivated person who wants to learn about the banking business industry. As a call center representative, I handle oncoming, high volume phone calls to help customers with their questions of concerns. During my time there, I've learned a lot of banking. The culture was really friendly and willing to help out as a team.
Work Place
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD 57106April 2, 2019
I loved working for TCF and being a part of management as we were empowered to affect change. I learned so much in my time here. The culture is great and free you are trained on the job and know what needs to be done each day. You are encouraged to brain storm and think of improvements.
It's a bust
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 30, 2019
If you want to work for a company where you are nothing more than a number and it's all about making the board of directors and top shareholder rich, this is the place for you! If you want to support moving American jobs overseas this is the place for you! If you want suspicious fee driven income, this is the place for you!
Its who you know not what you have done
Retail Lending Manager / Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2019
Tcf Bank overall is a good workplace to start a career, the only negative is who you know not what you have done. So promotions will come only if you are friends with management.
It only takes one person to ruin an experience
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNMarch 28, 2019
I loved working for TCF bank for the most part the job and atmosphere was great. You get to know the people in your community and help them advance in the finance aspect of their life.
Pros
breaks were mandatory, meeting new people
Cons
not always nicest people to work with
Good Employees, questionable management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 26, 2019
I spent my days answering questions for our customers and explaining bank policies, such why cards were declined or fees were charged. Corporate decided that this could be better handled by workers out of the Philippines and laid us all off.
Pros
Friendly work environment, good team leaders.
Cons
Upper management does not treat workers well.
Very productive environment, superb on-site manager, easy-to-use computer system
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 21, 2019
My day was spent generating loan and deposit business. I also became certified to sell mutual funds and annuities. Additionally, I was the person responsible for meeting with escalated customers and resolving the issues presented in those situations. I supervised the retail deposit and teller staffs. Monitored the sales results of deposit staff and provided motivation for increased volume. The hardest part was calming an escalated customer in order to be able to work with them toward a resolution. I have found that remaining calm is the most effective way to achieve this. The most enjoyable part of working at TCF was that the computer system made perfect sense to me and I found multiple shortcuts within the system to save time and increase productivity. I created several reports that, at last I heard, are still in use today.
Pros
Many opportunities for advancement, very supportive management
Cons
Had to leave this job due to relocation of my spouse
Nice First Instituation
BRANCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 21, 2019
TCF gave me a chance to learn about the financial world and opened my eyes to how policy, procedures and regulalations. Along with building my knowledge and skill to be able grow in areas that helped me successed
Low pay but it gave me a start.
Regulation E Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 19, 2019
Being the 1st bank I worked in (corporate office) I was grateful that they took a chance on me seeing as that I didn't have direct experience. The pay is low compared to other corporate banking jobs the that area (Twin cities, MN) but the provided free coffee. Benefits, and an overall calm environment.
Pros
1hr lunch breaks, benefits, day time schedule
Cons
Low pay
Great place to start in banking
Relationship banker (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIMarch 19, 2019
TCF is a great place to get experience with banking, but I would not plan to stay there long term. They are more concerned with customer needs than employee needs and will also take the customers side over the employees. The manager at Waterford should not be the branch manager, they does not know how to communicate effectively. There has been times where my jaw has dropped at somethings said or done to me or other employees.
Pros
Decent pay for first banking job and fresh out of college. Good hours.
Cons
Poor management and morale is low for employees.
Good place to start if you want to get into banking
Realtionship banker (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 18, 2019
Tcf is really one of the few places that’ll hire with no prior cash handling experience, other than that TCF focuses on profit margins and ridiculous goals that dont make sense. Tcf would rather lose current costumers to attain new ones which I find terrible as a business. Hours have been cut twice since I’ve worked there. I went from 25-30 hours a week to 15 maximum. I worked more when I was 16! This company may seem great but they could careless about current costumers or current employee’s it’s all about profit margins. Our branch is at the point where it’s about to lose half of its work force but the company has screwed us all time and time again with no room to grow. (That’s what I dislike the most, there’s no room to move up).
Pros
PTO and no experince to start working. Great starting pay
Cons
Hour cuts, no room to grow, sometimes corrupt management, Tcf does nothing to retain costumers they only care about attaining costumers.
Very bad company
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIMarch 16, 2019
Its not a good place to work, products to offer are bad. Management is very weak, branch managers absolutely do nothing. Too much office politics, co workers are not even qualified enough and work culture is very toxic
Everyone worked as a team
RLU PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 15, 2019
Everyone I worked with was always willing to help each other and all of our customers. Manager we had was a great guy and very enthusiastic about the job.
Good Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 14, 2019
I worked at TCF during college it was a job. This was a good job, once i finished school i was having trouble I found t difficult finding a job in my desired field. TCF allowed me to advance, when I saw that finding my ideal job was taking longer than expected.
Pros
advancment opportunities
Cons
sales
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2019
Poor and rude management, unknowledgable staff, inconsistency between branches, overly aggressive sales practices, poor pay, does have good benefits and

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCF Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight