TCG Recycling Employee Reviews

Good First job and Maybe Once good company that is too far gone to save
eTester (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJuly 27, 2018
Typical day

7 AM Show up and pass thru a metal detector into a warehouse with no AC or Heat that they leave the doors to the outside open all the time. It is already 80+ degrees in the summer, and below 30 in the winter

warehouse is covered in a lair of dust so thick touching anything makes you feel slimy

Listen to music no one likes and the managers can't agree on what to play

9 AM: Get 10 minute break in a too small break room.

11:30 AM: Get 30 minute lunch

12 PM: come back into warehouse. It is now a Heat index of roughly a 100F. Only small fans at your desk. Constantly need to walk away from them to get material.

12:30 PM: Bathrooms get shut down for an hour to clean them

1 Pm: it is now a Heat index of 110F in the warehouse.

2PM: Get a 10 minute break

3:30 PM: You can finally leave.

Depending on your deparment
Etest makes 10HR
Presort / Tear down 9HR
Emarketing 10HR
Shipping 10HR
Inventory 10HR

Average pay increase at 90 days for a glowing review, .30 cents max. You can get zero.
Yearly wage increase is based on your year review. The most I have heard of or seen for one year is 1.5%. Which at 10 dollars is .15 cents.

Not a terrible place to work but unfortunately no one is on the same page and as a result employee morale suffers. The owners are good guys and had, I think, at one time a great place. But they have left it in the hands of people that are not doing the right thing.

Resources are constantly mismanaged, You can spend months asking for something important or that you need for your job and be told "We don't have
  more... the money for that!" only for them to turn around and ludicrously over spend on some side project. Every facility does things differently making communication nightmarish.

It you stay long enough to learn whats going on you find out a lot of family members of upper management work in the business side. And while some to work hard, a lot are just collecting free money. The Office side has very little knowledge of what the warehouse side does and are constantly make their jobs and lives harder with little regard to how it affects anyone. They only see cogs and good cogs don't question or try to fix the machine, they just do.
Pros
Some of the people are really great, and you can work on some interesting thing in the right department
Cons
No 401k, No clear cut decisions or business plan. Hotter then you can imagine.
Company not worth it
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLAugust 5, 2018
Company is not worth working they are childish and require a doctors note after every missed day. It is over 100° in there every day not air conditioner only little fans. Manager is costantly degrading employees and making them feel uncomfortable. Worst place ever
Pros
Non
Cons
Hot, pay, no advancement, managers
Very beneficial company with a bright future
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97220June 19, 2018
Can be fast paced, can be easy going, just depends on the day. Regardless of how much work there is, there is always something to keep you busy to benefit the work environment or the company.
Pros
employee appreciation lunches, insurance, no bugs, work stations, organized
Cons
LOTS of dust, no sitting allowed except on break/lunch, no air conditioning (it's a warehouse)
Lacking
Photo (Current Employee) –  LecantoOctober 5, 2015
At TCG there is great need of communication. Departments are constantly confused when interacting with one another. Chronic low morale causes rumors of lay offs to spread. Team leads try to ensure that the day to day runs smoothly with little support from upper management. Its very difficult to stand behind the work we do, which is sad as we are a company dedicated to improving the green sector what more noble cause could we all have to showing up to work and putting forth our best effort? The low morale drags down all the employees weather it is noticed or not. There is no social economic reward with TCG. TCG uses a time tested method of assembly line style work. While this is the standard and works at a minimal, studies have shown that this type of work is truly detrimental not only to profits in the long term, but also to the over mental and physical health of employees. With the low pay TCG provides, considering the national average of some positions, is not enough to keep its employees motivated. Without the basic social economics that help to make employees feel fulfilled in the work they do, money is the only motivator. Make people care, or pay them enough to care, otherwise put up with sub par work.
Pros
Consistent (low) paycheck
Cons
Low pay, no 401K, Under Valued, Biased work enviorment
Horrible place to work.
Etest (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 30, 2018
You are supposed to know how to do the job in a few days. Everyone else there is telling what to do and it's all different from one another. You worked from 8-5 and if the manager wanted to tell you, you would have to work on a Saturday with out notice. Alot of favoritism toward woman who would fight back at the manager. Alot of cussing toward employees but nothing done about it.
Cons
Family oriented business with a purpose of making the world a greener one.
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lecanto, FLOctober 4, 2015
All employees are very nice and always willing to lend a helping hand in whatever is needed.
There are always fun activities like picnics, where all employees are included as the economy permits.
The hardest part of the job is trying to do it right in a very fast pace environment.
The most rewarding feeling is to know that customers are satisfied with products received from us.
I Would like to see more training available in the Inventory Department.
Pros
Good benefits and pleasant co-workers
Cons
Communications could be better
Worst working environment I have ever been with!
Not important (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2017
Bad work environment. Lack of training. Lack of management skills causes a hostel work environment. I had high hopes when I joined them, but no more..
Pros
Cons outway any pros.
Cons
Pay, work environment, confidentiality, must I say more!
Worst working environment I have ever been with!
Not important (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2017
Pros
Cons outway any pros.
Cons
Pay, work environment, confidentiality, must I say more!
Learning Opportunities at this Employer
E-Marketing Lister/Inventory & QC (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJuly 7, 2012
Great opportunity to learn about electronic components.
Learn how electronic parts operate & their value.
The management team predominantly men that are family related.
High turnover of co-workers. Using temporary service frequently.
Lack of promotion opportunity for new hires.
Everyday learning most enjoyable.
Pros
learning
Cons
lack of promotion
Managers are Ridiculous
FG inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJune 29, 2017
The conditions you work in are absolutely ridiculous for what you are payed, Most of the upper management have no idea what is going on, Only thing they have going for them are that most people who work there are there because its the only thing they can get.
Potential in the company
Emarketing Photogrpahcer (Current Employee) –  Lecanto, FLOctober 5, 2015
Working for this company i have been able to expand my knowledge for recycling the technological side of the world. Having this knowledge will definitely assist me in the future if I decide to pursue a new career
Pros
Happy working environment. Good cooperation between employees and managment
Cons
The working conditions can be rough, Mainly standing, Alot of the paper work and computer work can be done comfortably and just as accurate while seated, Long periods of standing really strains the legs.
Horrible place to work
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLDecember 5, 2016
Most of the managers are petty and spiteful, and if they don't get their way, downright childish. There is a very high turnover rate because the pay is so low for the job you do. It very hot and stressful and there's very little training before you are turned loose, at which time you get yelled at and harassed if you are too slow or you mess up. And forget going to upper management if you are being harassed or have a problem with your direct supervisor because they are all "friends" in one sense or another. If I could give negative stars I would.
Cons
low pay, hot, petty managers
I always worked with customers, this job i worked in a line with computer parts, it wasent my calling😁
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLMarch 31, 2017
I tryed a different type of job but so use to interating with customers.it was nice working mon-fri but i like to interact with customers. Liked how it was fast pace but not for me
Pros
Mon_fri
Cons
Type of work
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
The work was really simple and easy. its a warehouse environment so weather varies, it uses air power tools with safety equipment .
Pros
one hour luches
Productive, High-Throughput Workplace
e-Testing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lecanto, FLOctober 6, 2015
Great people to work with, includes fast work with mostly hands-on equipment-related testing. It would be nice if there was an ac during summer time.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No AC