TCOM, LP Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 19, 2017
I felt like my input was valued. As a part of the engineering team I was tasked with modeling huge assemblies and drawing packages. I would recommend TCOM to any engineer or designer.
Pros
Every other Friday off.
Cons
Narrow work focus.
Very good company to work for when there is work
Hardware assemby/ inventory processing warehouse (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJune 6, 2017
I started as an aerostat technician then transferred to the field team and traveled to different places to help set up and operate aerostats for customers 2010 transfer to the logistics department as a hardware assemlier/materials handler/warehouse and inventory specialist, 2016 as work load decreases moved again to checkout department where I perform duties such as pressure testing the various aerostats and preparation to helium inflate and lift loss
Enjoyed the work
Aerostat Technician/Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 1, 2015
Enjoyed the work, but not a secure place to work because of always laying off. My typical day was filling in, where ever needed, such as receiving, material control room, pulling parts for manufacturing orders, stocking, filing, working on inventory discrepancies and cleaning. The hardest part of the job was delivering items to the hangar when it was bad weather. My most enjoyable was the other employees in my department I worked with.
Pros
ever now and then they provided lunch
TCOM is a challenge
Aerostat Technician C/ Plotter Cutter C (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 17, 2015
The team effort it takes for this company to run is all hands on deck. The people are great. But schedule wise, it takes commitment and dedication. I enjoyed greatly working with TCOM and the people. Although advance to more income isn't something that is encouraged. They have great benefits but the pay just isn't what can support a household in this economy.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
pay
Good Experience
Aerostat Technician C (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCAugust 10, 2014
I found the time I spent at Tcom to be a worthwhile source of experience to carry on into other areas of the work force. I did not however see this as being a long term career but only as a good starter job