TCS Education System Employee Reviews

Good company overall some drawbacks
FINANCIAL AID SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed the company as a whole but as in many cases advancement is not always based on actual merit but office politics and who knows who.

Over my time there the time-offs benefits were lessened almost annually.
Grade inflation is the norm
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
The number one focus of this school is to keep the student happy, per the academic leadership, even if that meant inflating grades. I was let go because I wouldn't inflate student grades. I would never recommend or hire a graduate from this school.
Pros
Students don't earn grades
Cons
Managers lie!!
Save yourself the headache
Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2018
The organization is not built for longevity. to them everyone is replaceable, they do not value their people. Culture is confrontational as interdepartmental cooperation is minimal and tends to be more a blame game versus cooperation. parent company knows very little about the industry and operates it as one of their properties.

They are very unethical and do not have respect for their students. Save your career skip this.
Pros
Cons
unethical, poor leadership, unclear mission and direction, confrontational work environment
Low Morale, high turnover, lack of strong leadership
Director of Admissions Training (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2018
Typical day: Creating training programs, webinars and presentations
What did you learned: Creating training modules across multiple learning platforms
Management: Inconsistent communication and lack of support
Workplace culture: Miserable, low morale and high turnover
Hardest part of Job: Adapting to constant management changes
Most enjoyable part of job : Team collaborations
Cons
Management, Stressful and unrealistic expecations
Poor management
Administrative Position (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 22, 2018
Pacific Oaks Children's School is a horrible place to work only because someone in management favors one of her employees. She lets him get away with being insubordinate and disrespectful. I don't know what's going on with that, but if you don't cater to that boy, you're on your way out.
Pros
The children!
Cons
Having to cater to a disrespectful employee.
I was happy to have a job.
Admissions Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2018
I do not have a review at this time. Again, I was happy to have a job but I would not recommend this job to anyone. Job security is not guaranteed at this company.
Amazing place to work!
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, caMarch 8, 2018
Worked there for almost 2 Years and had to leave due to a coworker issue and unfortunately the manager was not able to resolve it after months of asking which led to me have to leave to avoid more confrontation and stress but if it wasn’t for that , I would still be there! I love the values and mission that the school stands for and everyone on board truly cares and feels the same way about its students ! The Vice President of admissions is amazing as well as the president and faulty at the colleges! I honestly miss working there so much but would recommend anyone who is looking into TCS and pacific oaks colleges to go for it , there is room for growth and dependents truly value their employees.
Pros
Growth, advancement, benefits
N/a
Outbound Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2017
Made both outbound and inbound phone calls professionally

Used both Salesforce and CampusView software

Contacted perspective students who expressed an interest

Directed both current and perspective students to their Admissions Counselor

Assisted with mailing brand books from our affiliates to our perspective students
Great Place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2017
The vision and mission of this company are fantastic. Always striving to evolve, but struggles to invest or implement at worker bee level.
Benefits are amazing, pay is not competitive.
Pros
Mission, Vision, Future
Cons
Communication between levels, Implementation, Pay
An easy place to waste away
Admissions Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2017
In my experience, TCS Education System is a work environment that does not contribute to a sense of community or demonstrate communal effort toward systemic improvement. Teamwork on Admissions Operations is not distributed fairly whatsoever, and Admissions Operations management has absolutely no idea how to team-build or reconcile conflict. Human Resources struggles to alleviate work conflict and to support its employees when managers fail to. The TCS Education System office in Chicago is a great representation of a very unprofessional work environment supported by a lackadaisical work ethic. I would've rejected the original job offer had I known what I know now after working on the Admissions Operations team for ten months.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Atmosphere
Top organization
Chief Human Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2017
Innovative model in education many would like to be like this organization. Willing to experiment and has embarked on international partnerships, can be fun at times
Pros
great leadership
Cons
Not enough time for all the good things to be done
Not for profit company
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Even though this company says it is not-for-profit, it has hired managers from failed for-profit schools who are implementing those same conflicting strategies. It's call, call, call without considerationto finding students who will be a right fit for the colleges it managers.
Pros
you can be a clock watcher
Cons
Very sales oriented
Typical higher education job
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2015
Job duties kept employees busy and constantly in touch with other team members and external employees. Busy all the time.
Good Place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2014
TCS was a great place to work, pretty top heavy with Executives and I had to assist 3 Vice Presidents but that gave me job security!