TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

Very relaxed culture.
Senior Manager, NE Regional Facilities,l (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 25, 2019
Very relaxed culture to work in. Good teamwork atmosphere
Free to manage as sen fit.
Not the best on the advancement side, but job security was fine. Flexible hours, good compensation.
Great company and culture
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 19, 2019
Great company and culture. Plenty of drive for innovation. Flexible remote work policy. Supportive managment and team members. New ideas and approaches are encouraged.
It was a great company to work for
Senior Financial Consultant, National Branch (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 8, 2019
It's a great company and it has ping pong, they sell stocks, there are sales jobs, management jobs, CEO, CFO, CSO, and lots of other jobs. I liked to go to work there.
Temp employee
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 7, 2019
I was a temp employee through a staffing agency which wasn’t the sucky part. Their training classes are set up to where you learn one thing in a day and the next day you move onto something else which is hard for some people including myself. The manager that I had was selected to be a seasonal manager from the trade desk and it was a HUGE mistake. She was not ready to be a manager at all. She was rude as well as a liar. She once called a girls baby a parasite and that she would probably be a mom that would accidentally leave her baby in the car when she went somewhere. She lied to the staffing agency and said I was on a written warning for my attendance, which I never was, and I got fired.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, 30 minute lunches
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 7, 2019
Great core values and company mission. Working towards making investing simple and understandable. TD Ameritrade.com provides investors with webcasts, news articles, education on investing, margins, options, retirement and many other topics. People are friendly and willing to help.
Great first Data Analyst job, competitive compensation for the area
Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 6, 2019
I've enjoyed my 8 months with TDA out of college so far. I don't see my entire career being here b/c of pervasive problems in the data area. Somewhat competitive pay and benefits but could be better. Many great, intelligent, and driven people that I've worked with at all levels, but also some leaders that really don't have a clue what they're doing and continue to create more problems than they solve.
Pros
friendly and inclusive culture, onsite gym, work from home is accepted for some job roles and business units
Cons
not much PTO, somewhat behind the times, lack of knowledge in some leaders
Not creating a best in class associate experience
Producing Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 3, 2019
TD Ameritrade is not concerned with its associates work/life balance. They talk about a Relationship Model when everything they do is transaction based and does not focus on what's best for the client or the associate. You start over each quarter on building your book of business. Upper management does not care about the associates either. They only care if you are bringing in assets.
Pros
Salary
Cons
management
call center
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2019
It definitely is a call center, if that's your thing its not a bad company to work for. Permanent hires go through series 7 & 63 licensing, then broker training. If you pass the exams, you get to take inbound phone calls. Good benefits, decent pay, time off, paid holidays. The role includes sales.
Productive and fun place to work
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 18, 2019
TD is a highly competitive workplace and very fast paced but there are a ton of opportunities for advancement and the competitive environment will either get you going or get you going.
Pros
Free Popcorn, lots o opportunities for movement
Cons
Political environment
culture is great!
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2019
culture and work life balance is great, good training for new hires and pays for your licenses! The compensation can be improved to match the competition but otherwise great company!
Strong culture and lots of opportunity
Senior Manager of Technology (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 16, 2019
Overall one of the best places to work. They are rapidly modernizing and updating their culture to be one of the best in the US. The only area still struggling is compensation but they will get there.
Pros
Work Life balance, lots of opportunity
Cons
Pay isn't up to par with peers in the industry
Self employment
Stock Trader (Current Employee) –  Fultondale, ALFebruary 10, 2019
It’s basically self employment working as a stock trader I enjoy it a lot and I’m self taught learn everything I know at the age of 20 years old I don’t fool around when I want something
Horrible environment and work culture
Broker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2019
If you enjoy a daily public verbally abusive taunt from your manager this is the place for you. Especially if you desire public humiliation for your ideas or beliefs. Want to have the company tell you what a great work environment you have while repeatedly telling employees no to their suggestions to improve the work environment like reimplementing the PTO buyback program...this is for you. Want to be treated differently if you have Christian beliefs...this is it!
Pros
I get to go home after 8 hours
Cons
I have to come back to a hostile work environment the next day
Displaced by TD Ameritrade
Account Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2019
Position was eliminated when they acquired Scottrade. Did some contract work with TD. TD seems to have the same culture that Scottrade had. Seems to be a good company to work for
Good Company
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 2, 2019
Good place to grow and launch into different areas. Management is disconnected due to changes and accountability. Culture was inclusive. The hardest part is the disjointed role and changes due to acquisition.
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Great culture and IT is fully supported by upper management. The company is always trying to improve the internal experience and while it can be hit or miss at times, overall it is in a positive direction.
Not a good place to work
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 22, 2019
If you like sitting in an office for 8 hours, trying to hard sell someone that already wants to be self directed, this is the job for you. Management was a dictator.
Overall Review
Mail Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Management was very poor in my position with this company, and the company refused to do anything to correct the issues. Finally decided to leave because the Manager was hostile to all of the employees.
Needed more time for new material
TRAINING AS ENTRY LEVEL BROKER (Former Employee) –  MOJanuary 18, 2019
They were a good company with high expectations and not the most effective system. If they would have had the training program updated since the lawsuit which the material was practiced under. The participants would have had an easier time passing their exams.
the Ann Arbor office --Shameful and Unprofessional!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 10, 2019
I really wish I had used the hotline to report the two ladies that made my life extremely difficult there. It was addressed but did not get any better and so I left after about 2 months. Very unprofessional. Admins running the office (not a compliment). Do what they want--waste all the time they want and look to other admins to pick up their slack. Whatever! A bully and unprofessional, stressful environment . Raising your voice at another person in a corporate environment should render disciplinary action but does not in this office. One of the ladies in particular should have been written up but she was given "passes" because she was pregnant. That's funny.. I've given birth 3 times and never behaved, disrespected, or unprofessional with my co-workers. The bad behavior was allowed, tolerated, laughed about even after complaints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Ameritrade. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight