TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

Enjoyable culture and people, lots of room for growth.
Retail Support and Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2018
TD Ameritrade is a place where its Nebraska roots are tangible in interactions with other associates and in the way employees are treated. The individuals there are as diverse as they are personable and the culture is such that fun can be had while hard work is done and where ideas flow between employees of all statures.
Pros
Cafeteria, people, facilities.
Cons
Rigidity, entry level jobs.
Good team enviornment
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYOctober 5, 2018
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of the branch.
• Work with Sr Financial Consultants and Financial Consultants to communicate solutions either directly or indirectly with clients.
• Identified and referred lead opportunities to Sr Financial Consultants and Financial Consultants
• Acted as an onsite dedicated service expert on a wide range of client issues. Researches and resolves client issues in cooperation with back office partners
• Adhere to all compliance/risk procedures and follow corporate and industry protocols.
• Ensure that all paperwork, policy and procedures for client requests have been adhered to in order to satisfy compliance requirements
enjoyable experience overall
Fails Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I was able to stay busy and focused on my daily tasks which were complex and varied enough that I usually didn't become bored. My work was not micromanaged and I was mostly able to prioritize my duties to suit myself; that is, I could perform various tasks as I saw fit, although there were tasks that had to be completed by a certain time.
Pros
I enjoyed the work I did.
Cons
I was not afforded the opportunity to advance or utilize my skills to the best advantage
Great Culture
Temporary Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 18, 2018
This was one of my favorite places to work. Everybody was very helpful and concerned about each other's success and development. I was working at TD Ameritrade for just a few months during a conversion of 3 million accounts from Scottrade, Inc. in Texas on a temporary job assignment. If only TD Ameritrade had an office in Denver, I would have tried my best to stay with the company.
Great Opportunity for those with Ambition
National Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2018
I was only with the company for a short time, but what I can say is the culture encouraged feedback and close interaction with all levels of management. It is a wonderful place to be for one who is willing to work hard, since there is very few limits on how much could be achieved in terms of compensation and career advancement.
Back to Back Calls
Broker/Financial Rep (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
You just take calls back to back with no break in between your calls. TD ameritrade does help you learn more about investing but they dont have a clear plan or path it seems anymore. you get told something new about your pay every month.
Pros
employees are really cool and they bring in food when they work you really hard
Cons
Doesnt pay that well. hard to move up with all of their new changes.
Great place to start and get to the 3-5 yr mark for your financial career
Senior Private Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2018
Worked here for over 5 years, great company to work for for someone who is new to the industry. Very culturally oriented and if you are a good fit you will greatly enjoy working here.
Pros
Relaxed culture, good opportunity for intermediate growth
Cons
Better guidance for career development
Need to Grind it out for a year..
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2018
TD Ameritrade gave me a competitive base salary, I was able to get my licenses along with getting paid outside of hours for studying. Boss was overwhelmed by sales quotes he didn't respect I needed to still train for the role. He wanted me to start dialing hard asap. Not the role for me. Most people will get exhausted and find something less stressful.
Employees has no value with horrible management
Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 13, 2018
Management is rude, unprofessional and old style. Upper managers hired their buddies in the lower management positions, the folks they used to know from previous jobs. No matter of what happens, they all back each other up. Employees are continuously mistreated and no one listens to them. HR also backs up management. Employees has no value here.
And with all the management craziness, you are expected to work long hours (due to staff shortage) with no life/work balance.
If you are an IT (network design, implementation, operations or security) professional and looking for a stable job, do not bother with this place. Management is out of touch and turn-over rate is to the roof.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no life/work balance, stuck in the past.
Good perks, poor communication
SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MONovember 14, 2018
The company seriously struggles to communicate problems it is having to associates and their clients. They say their focus is the client experience but they don’t take actions to help associates provide better service. There’s always something “in the works.”
Pros
Vacation time and awesome insurance
Cons
Don’t expect to know what’s going on

Want to know more about TD Ameritrade?

Ask a question
Fun, exciting & competitive
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 10, 2018
I loved working for this company. I only left due to the changes this office location has gone through. It was once fully staffed. The moral and team was so fun to work with and learn from. It is sad the company didn't decide on a different vision for the office location in Utah. Our people had a lot to offer.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, free coffee, team collaboration
Cons
Minimized office
Poor Management
Sr. Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85254August 8, 2018
My first manager was licensed 2 weeks before my start date. She had never sold investments but was chosen to manage a team of financial sales professionals. My second manager tried hard but wasn't sure how to manage the branch. As a result there was no leadership from the people who are paid leaders. Then when someone tried to be more of a leader they let them go.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Great place to start off your career
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 7, 2018
I was an intern at TD Ameritrade for a year. The work culture is amazing! People care about your professional growth and are always around to help you. Truly recommend anyone who's interested in finance or corporate communications to work here.
Productive Work Env./ great culture
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Work environment is relaxed.
Benefits and pay are excellent.
Management team are helpful and supportive.
The company treats it employees well and provides great benefits. Often lunches/breakfast meals are provided or snacks. Associate appreciation is recognized here.
Things may have changed since I worked there
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJuly 15, 2018
Every team and every department took on the personality of its management. Some good, some not so good. Management did not take a leadership role in mentoring junior associates to see that they're getting trained up, getting them into classes, or encouraging them to advance their careers through outside learning (Community Colleges, Accelerated Degrees, Certifications, etc.
The IT budget for such outside learning was huge but not being utilized because half the associates didn't know about it and the management didn't know or didn't encourage anyone to use it.
Most co-workers were nice enough and everyone seemed to work with the customer needs as the end goal but lower management often lost site if that.
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Call Center can be a bit cut-throat
big company with poor management and no communication
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 12, 2018
TD Ameritrade was a temporary assignment with little communicaton or direction. I do not mind working independently but when you are expected to do things that no one tells you about, that seems unfair to me.
Pros
stable company
Cons
very poor leadership and management
Very professional and satisying
Investent Services (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work would be to take inbound calls to help investors with a transaction.

I learned a lot about the stock market.

Management was hands on and very proactive.

The workplace culture helped you feel you belonged to a productive team.

The hardest part of the job is learning complicated stock strategies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers make money.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
hard to get licensing
Financial Representative
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2018
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to customers
Compiled information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing and retrieving
Resolved administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
TD Ameritrade
Licensed broker 7, 63 (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2018
TD Ameritrade had a comfortable working environment, excellent facilities, good benefits and excellent training programs. It unfortunately is an online brokerage company which means your job as a broker is living your life in a call center taking call after call. Not something I am willing to do anymore. Otherwise an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Excellent facilities, good work environment.
Cons
short breaks, every second monitored, avg. pay, call center job
Easy going work environment
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2018
Easy going work environment, has corporate politics just as much as any other place that can effect your job. The compnay cutlutre is good, but if you are in one of the branches of this copmany and not at a larger one you will have to make do with what you have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Ameritrade. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at TD Ameritrade.

Powered by Comparably