TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

Good perks, poor communication
SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MONovember 14, 2018
The company seriously struggles to communicate problems it is having to associates and their clients. They say their focus is the client experience but they don’t take actions to help associates provide better service. There’s always something “in the works.”
Pros
Vacation time and awesome insurance
Cons
Don’t expect to know what’s going on
Enjoyable culture and people, lots of room for growth.
Retail Support and Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2018
TD Ameritrade is a place where its Nebraska roots are tangible in interactions with other associates and in the way employees are treated. The individuals there are as diverse as they are personable and the culture is such that fun can be had while hard work is done and where ideas flow between employees of all statures.
Pros
Cafeteria, people, facilities.
Cons
Rigidity, entry level jobs.
Great Place
FINANCIAL SERVICES REP (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXNovember 8, 2018
TD Ameritrade is a good place to work. The management is good with the employees and the work life balance and work culture are all very important to the company.
Great place to start off your career
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 7, 2018
I was an intern at TD Ameritrade for a year. The work culture is amazing! People care about your professional growth and are always around to help you. Truly recommend anyone who's interested in finance or corporate communications to work here.
Scottrade was great
Branch Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 3, 2018
Rodger Rainey was a great CEO. They really did focus on customer service and it felt like a family to work there. We need more companies like Scottrade.
Great place to start and get to the 3-5 yr mark for your financial career
Senior Private Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2018
Worked here for over 5 years, great company to work for for someone who is new to the industry. Very culturally oriented and if you are a good fit you will greatly enjoy working here.
Pros
Relaxed culture, good opportunity for intermediate growth
Cons
Better guidance for career development
Collaborative
DERIVATIVE TRADING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 30, 2018
great place to work
great work life balance
management tries to help with growth
great benefits gym membership
great work culture
great opportunity to try different career paths
Classic Call Center Gig
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 23, 2018
Every second is monitored

Decent working environment but still very stressful

They really do try to make it a good place to work but the nature of the job makes that pretty much impossible to escape the stress
Great Culture
Temporary Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 18, 2018
This was one of my favorite places to work. Everybody was very helpful and concerned about each other's success and development. I was working at TD Ameritrade for just a few months during a conversion of 3 million accounts from Scottrade, Inc. in Texas on a temporary job assignment. If only TD Ameritrade had an office in Denver, I would have tried my best to stay with the company.
Need to Grind it out for a year..
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2018
TD Ameritrade gave me a competitive base salary, I was able to get my licenses along with getting paid outside of hours for studying. Boss was overwhelmed by sales quotes he didn't respect I needed to still train for the role. He wanted me to start dialing hard asap. Not the role for me. Most people will get exhausted and find something less stressful.
Back to Back Calls
Broker/Financial Rep (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
You just take calls back to back with no break in between your calls. TD ameritrade does help you learn more about investing but they dont have a clear plan or path it seems anymore. you get told something new about your pay every month.
Pros
employees are really cool and they bring in food when they work you really hard
Cons
Doesnt pay that well. hard to move up with all of their new changes.
Wealth Management Intern
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 10, 2018
At TD Ameritrade, the company culture is something you cannot beat. Everyone was completely open to questions, so I knew that I could always ask questions with confidence, that someone would be able to assist me if neccessary.
TD Ameritrade, The Ride of Lightning
Active Trader (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 10, 2018
It was a hectic job with the potential for windfall profits but the risk is also high of losing a lot of money so I decided to quit after sequencing a number of intentional losses.
Fair pay and great technology
Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAOctober 8, 2018
Great educational and technical resources for active traders and those wanting to learn more. Fair pay and possible to do well with a 40-hour workweek.
Pros
Salary + bonus, great brand recognition
Cons
Disorganized back office
Good team enviornment
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYOctober 5, 2018
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of the branch.
• Work with Sr Financial Consultants and Financial Consultants to communicate solutions either directly or indirectly with clients.
• Identified and referred lead opportunities to Sr Financial Consultants and Financial Consultants
• Acted as an onsite dedicated service expert on a wide range of client issues. Researches and resolves client issues in cooperation with back office partners
• Adhere to all compliance/risk procedures and follow corporate and industry protocols.
• Ensure that all paperwork, policy and procedures for client requests have been adhered to in order to satisfy compliance requirements
enjoyable experience overall
Fails Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I was able to stay busy and focused on my daily tasks which were complex and varied enough that I usually didn't become bored. My work was not micromanaged and I was mostly able to prioritize my duties to suit myself; that is, I could perform various tasks as I saw fit, although there were tasks that had to be completed by a certain time.
Pros
I enjoyed the work I did.
Cons
I was not afforded the opportunity to advance or utilize my skills to the best advantage
Typical large company
Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2018
The culture has devolved into one of identity politics over business and productivity. My experience was one of political favoritism, constant moving of the goal-posts, managing to the numbers and a constant fear of being fired.
Worked from home
Independent Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 18, 2018
I invested right out of college into TD Ameritrade. So I was a private investor and I’m still into the market. I worked from my house for the first 2 years out of college
Pros
Great money
Cons
Not stable
Productive Work Env./ great culture
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Work environment is relaxed.
Benefits and pay are excellent.
Management team are helpful and supportive.
The company treats it employees well and provides great benefits. Often lunches/breakfast meals are provided or snacks. Associate appreciation is recognized here.
Great place to work -
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2018
Liked it a lot, but stifled by limitations of what you can sell. Manager was great, very accommodating. Good learning opportunities. good commaderie. Would recommend it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Ameritrade. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss