TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

Worked from home
Independent Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 18, 2018
I invested right out of college into TD Ameritrade. So I was a private investor and I’m still into the market. I worked from my house for the first 2 years out of college
Pros
Great money
Cons
Not stable
Productive Work Env./ great culture
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Work environment is relaxed.
Benefits and pay are excellent.
Management team are helpful and supportive.
The company treats it employees well and provides great benefits. Often lunches/breakfast meals are provided or snacks. Associate appreciation is recognized here.
Great place to work -
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2018
Liked it a lot, but stifled by limitations of what you can sell. Manager was great, very accommodating. Good learning opportunities. good commaderie. Would recommend it.
Employees has no value with horrible management
Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 13, 2018
Management is rude, unprofessional and old style. Upper managers hired their buddies in the lower management positions, the folks they used to know from previous jobs. No matter of what happens, they all back each other up. Employees are continuously mistreated and no one listens to them. HR also backs up management. Employees has no value here.
And with all the management craziness, you are expected to work long hours (due to staff shortage) with no life/work balance.
If you are an IT (network design, implementation, operations or security) professional and looking for a stable job, do not bother with this place. Management is out of touch and turn-over rate is to the roof.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no life/work balance, stuck in the past.
big company with poor management and no communication
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 12, 2018
TD Ameritrade was a temporary assignment with little communicaton or direction. I do not mind working independently but when you are expected to do things that no one tells you about, that seems unfair to me.
Pros
stable company
Cons
very poor leadership and management
Fun, exciting & competitive
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 10, 2018
I loved working for this company. I only left due to the changes this office location has gone through. It was once fully staffed. The moral and team was so fun to work with and learn from. It is sad the company didn't decide on a different vision for the office location in Utah. Our people had a lot to offer.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, free coffee, team collaboration
Cons
Minimized office
Overall, a good company
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 6, 2018
TDA is a good company to work for; however, the exact job position, location and management at that location can make all the difference between a very good and a stressful job experience.
relaxed pace work place
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2018
Wonderful place to work but wish there was a little more pay. the managers there are awesome. very understanding and helpful. very quiet office setting to work in.
Great company
Senior Manager, Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 30, 2018
great company but going through growing pains. reactive on the reail side and manual on the INST side.. omaha and new york make most of the decision but more and more coming to southlake
Pros
fast paced
Cons
dont pay enough
good company
Day Trader (Former Employee) –  301 ev las olas blvdAugust 30, 2018
reviewed my account worked with them for many years can discuss more if wanted now have finished school for hvac career only thinn I need is a company to take a chance on a novice who wants to become a pro in this field
Pros
Cons
not stable environment
Easy going work environment
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2018
Easy going work environment, has corporate politics just as much as any other place that can effect your job. The compnay cutlutre is good, but if you are in one of the branches of this copmany and not at a larger one you will have to make do with what you have.
Great place to work if you are in the right location
Worked here (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 26, 2018
I didn't have room for advancement unless I was willing to relocate which unfortunately ended up in being laid off due to moving jobs to a larger location. I enjoyed working there are loved the people.
Decent company
New Client Consultant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2018
Lot of changes since buying Scottrade. Philosophy has changed and compensation has decreased. Technology issues often. Really great tools and resources for clients.
Financial Representative
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2018
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to customers
Compiled information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing and retrieving
Resolved administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
Poor Management
Sr. Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85254August 8, 2018
My first manager was licensed 2 weeks before my start date. She had never sold investments but was chosen to manage a team of financial sales professionals. My second manager tried hard but wasn't sure how to manage the branch. As a result there was no leadership from the people who are paid leaders. Then when someone tried to be more of a leader they let them go.
Pros
Salary
Td ameritrade rev
SR. FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 6, 2018
Overall, a good company to work for. Some of the branch managers are highly incompetent. The quarterly quotas increase every year and the compensation decreases every year. It was a great place to work 5 years ago!
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Incompetent manager
Varies
Asset Clearing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2018
It varies on the department you're in what type of management you will get. It is very fast paced but if you have poor management, it makes the job a lot more difficult and unnecessarily stressful.
Great Company
Financial Services-Stock Broker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2018
I enjoy working for TDA. I thin they have a great culture and some great colleagues. I feel they do a good job of trying to fit people in the best roles and often ask what you want to do there.
Pros
Great company
Cons
No one there makes 100k+
Best place to work
Institutional SDPS Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 29, 2018
Ameritrade is hands down one of the best places to work. The CEO is one of the best in the industry. He’s humble, personable and most importantly caring. Management is absolutely the best in its class.
Not Great
Investor Services Rep, Broker (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 27, 2018
You get moved around so much that you feel like a number in their systems rather than a valued employee. No support from managers. Only thing consistent is being lied to by managers. Only good thing is getting paid to get your Series 7 and Series 63 licenses to move on to a better company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Ameritrade. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss