TD Bank

TD Bank insights

Based on 1,171 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Was an fun enviroment to work in but very long hours and not alot of overall growth opportunity

Great people and fun enviromentLong hours of work and lack of overall compensation for the workGreat team atmosphere

Pros

great team enviroment, decent management

Cons

overall compensation, lack of long term opportunities

productive workplace with great culture

good experience overall, fast-paced but rewarding experience. You have to be able to accept minimal flexiblity with schedules as with most customer service jobs. great experience overall

Fast pace

See lots of customers. Fast pace environment. They do have a great HR department. Consequently the managers are stressed out and they take it out on everyone.

Terrible pay

They overworked and under payed all employees. It started out as a decent company when it was commerce bank but slowly went down hill after TD came into the picture

Very flexible work environment

Great work life balance, rarely long hours. Huge focus on diversity and inclusion. Promotions largely based on favoritism or you have to wait for someone else to leave in order to move up. Very generous PTO and maternity/paternity leave. Lots of people had already been working from home 3-4 days a week pre-pandemic. Casual dress code everyday for certain corporate offices.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Hard to move up

Job seekers rely on your experience.

It’s just, ok.

The job itself was easy, customers were customers. Management was terrible. I was brought on as part time 20 hours & would occasionally be asked to work a “FT schedule” up until 35 hours. There was a point where we were so short I worked 12 days in a row, didn’t know that was ok. Money is money though & I did it with no questions asked.

Benefits

Cons

Management, pay

Family

I was trained and treated with respect. No dumb questions and loved my job. Easy hours, everyone helped and gave you tips to help me make my job easier and fun.

Helpful and positive culture

I was there for about 2 years and the only reason I’m not there and one of the only complaints is that they didn’t let me move far away granted even though I worked remotely for nearly a year and a half . On top of that I was a model employee and trained new hires etc. With that being said , it was a wonderful place to work and i wish that I could have moved and continued to work for them . Pay is great starting out , with my position yearly bonus and raise. On top of that there is maternity and PATERNITY leave paid for I think 8 weeks. Plus numerous other great benefits and a great 401k option . Career advancement can take a year and a half or 2 . I was at the place where I could have but I personally wanted to take a plunge and explorer another path. So if you want somewhere that is going to be easy to work for and get paid well with great PTO accrual at that apply here you won’t be disappointed .

Pros

Great benefits, pay and overall place to work period

Cons

30 min lunch and didn’t let me move

Coworkers are hard working and support I've of each other in a fast changing environment

Ok place to work. Lots or reoganization recently causing some inefficiency due to heavy turnover. Great benefits, great coworkers, collaboration is not an issue between departments.

Pros

Benefits, great coworkers

Cons

Certain departments have high turnover leading to inefficiency

Overall a great place to work with great benefits.

I enjoyed working for TD since my first interview in 2015. The interview was informative they really showed me what avenues I would be good on based off my resume. TD stands out in the benefits department. Great health benefits with options catered to you and your family. They also give you all of your PTO upfront to use as you needed. They are constantly mentioning the growth that can come & I truly believe it’s there. I have been in 3 different departments & ive enjoyed them all in my own way. Of course, things aren’t perfect with any job but TD sets the tone that you can really talk about whatever issues you might not like and they will work to get those things fixed.

Pros

I love WFH!! Work environment is usually fun, always something going on to try to keep the stress levels down, management is easy to talk to & relate to & I love all the diversity and TRUE inclusion.

Cons

Most departments have 30 min lunch breaks. If you’re in office, parking can potentially be a nightmare.

Jobs at TD Bank

See more jobs

Worked from home

Great pay! Have to close a certain amount of loans or they will get rid of you! Unfortunately you can’t close enough loans at times due to coworkers not making sure that borrower has everything needed.

Good company

Overall great place to work for. Getting better with new management and realignments. A lot of passionate employees, sadly compensation needs to improve drastically.

Great!

They provided a really great working environment. Upper management really listened, and did what they had to do to ensure everyone was happy. Benefits were awesome as well

Many employee perks and benefits, love the company culture

This company really values their employees. Many small added perks and ways of appreciating employees for their work. I love the company culture and diversity. A great place to work!

Pros

Holiday celebrations, Employee Appreciation Week

Cons

Bonuses

Loved it just wanted to move on

Loved the company.. I just wanted to move on to work for my passion in health care.. my managers supported me in my decision and even during covid they all worked together as a team and never once left someone out or made anyone feel left out

Bad management but reasonable starter pay

Unfortunately the management in the collection department is very poor. They lie, take advantage of good employees and try to force out the ones that they can't push around. Raises are pathetic. They will try to rob you of incentives. No ethics or morals. Go somewhere else.

Pros

Pto, work from home for a while

Cons

Communication, low morals and no leadership

Poor store management can ruin this great company

The company itself may be great but specific stores in certain regions have poor management. I believe TD bank does care for their employees it’s just the managers they choose to run each store that fails the company

Stressful job

The job is very stressful there is minimal support when it comes to management but on the other hand the pay and the benefits are decent. Great culture as well

Typical Banking Environment

It often seems like the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The people who complained the most and caused the most problems would often get promoted or preferential treatment. I don't know what type of corporate tactic this is but it doesn't work for me. The Management and Executives are well meaning but mostly powerless to Corporate decisions from higher up. Expect little to no support regarding advancement or training. It is out there to go and get it but you have to be self-motivated to do so. A lot of that means taking your own time to do it. There is no free time in a given week to do this however. Workloads are maxxed out in a cost cutting effort. This was true in every department in which I worked. If you want it bad enough and you are cutthroat enough you can advance in this company. Otherwise you will just shuffle around from job to job until you find yourself elsewhere. Most of my co-workers would often say, the only thing that keeps me here is the Paid Time Off. After a certain tenure you can have up to 40 days of PTO with carryover. Plus the Bank will often give additional PTO days to celebrate individual or corporate "Successes."Very involved in community outreach, LGBT+, Minorities, and Team Building

Pros

Decent salary, great PTO and Benefits

Cons

Poor management, poor training, very little advancement opportunity

It is what you make it

Overall, my job as a MSPA is very rewarding and positive. I have been in role for nearly 7 years and am very comfortable. It is sales but it’s also meeting with clients day in and day out to discuss products, and tailor them to each client.

Pros

Schedule, Compensation and PTO

Cons

Using PTO for federal holidays, lack of advancement, bonus structure changes

I enjoy my team

I feel that the starting pay for tellers is very low, I could be making the same money bagging groceries st market basket. I handle peoples money all day, I think they should value their tellers more, we are the ones handling customers in a daily basis.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Not enough money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K
2.6K
1.5K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss