TD Bank

TD Bank Employee Reviews for Lead Teller

Lead Teller236 reviews
United States236 reviews
Reliable company.
Helped to grow in management.

great management.
I was fortunate enough to belong to two teams that were very supportive of my advancement I cannot say that is the case across TD Bank. My two managers made attainable goals for the most part and trained proper procedure consistently between both teams. I was promoted to my previous position after one of my colleagues was promoted to a different position which required me to change locations. I was always impressed with how both teams managed to find the appropriate and compatible teammates however it was stressful to attain goals and push for certain products very tedious and was not very fulfilling if you are not prepared for that you will not succeed here. Other than that my time with TD was at least tolerable though I have heard of teams with less than negotiable managers really luck of the draw.
Pros
Bonuses for goals met, team environment
Cons
Sales push for certain products, need to always meet goals can be stressful
The best place to grow as a professional. I loved my job and now i can say Td Bank became my second family. The pay is good, excellent work environment.
Worked at TD for a number of years and I can honestly say I was never more insignificant in my life. They don’t care about employees, employees get paid below living wages to bring customers in, maintain customers, deal with violent and abusive customers and sub par working conditions. While the higher ups and CEO are getting paid millions to just sit and look pretty and bark orders to which they know nothing about. They don’t care about the employees because to them employees are just numbers and they are easily replaceable. They will shower you with meaningless gifts to deflect from the fact that you don’t get paid enough or to compensate for the fact that you are short staffed and have to explain every bit of bad news to people who really can’t handle it. TD Bank is about shareholders and the man with the deepest pockets. It cares nothing for the little people and your money If it’s not millions mean nothing to TD Bank.

CEO gets paid 15Million for 2019 and teller and Customer service representatives get paid less than 30 thousand a year. Let’s face it TD back is just an upgraded sweatshop and no one should work for such a company.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I loved my job as a teller until I became a head teller. Under paid, under recognized and not valued. I used to fight for this company... not anymore.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
Management, flexibility, staffing
It is a good job especially if you are a sales oriented person. Banking is changing so expect to be multidimensional. If you're in a small town/area it is easy to get burnt out seeing the same faces everyday but every job comes with its pros and cons.
Poor Management
Revolving door or managers who excuse verbal abuse as "constructive criticism"

Zero support

Unrealistic sales goals while pushing online products and services.

Mental Torture

Bottom Line- TD is pushing people out by forcing them to promote online products and services while raising sales goals. When you cannot meet unrealistic goals, you are reprimanded until you quit or become terminated.
I lasted nine months at TD. Management gives different answers to questions. Extremely long days. You literally can’t be sick because you get shunned but then get promised all of this PTO that you feel bad for using. Coworkers are rude. It’s way too stressful.
Benefits
Cons
Super stressful, long days
I worked at Commerce Bank/TD bank for 15 years my last three years in Fl. I worked as an ASM, CSR and Head Teller. The PA region was by far the best of the regions. In Florida, I was never welcomed as a tenured TD employee. Bad Management in Winter Garden.
You have to deal with coworkers insecuritis,and personal behavior.
Unprofessionalism from management makes it difficult to work.like a head teller you have to do everything with no help and guidance.

work.

function
Pros
Lot of PTO
Cons
Not a family oriented company, very long hours, no time for family.always short staff.
Everything about their system and procedures is so outdated and makes absolutely zero sense. They do not support their new hires as they should. The on-boarding and training is absolutely terrible compared to other banks and jobs overall, they practically throw you into fire when you finish training. You ask for help and get several different answers because their is no consistency throughout the company.
it was very nice to work at TD bank, its basically Canadian bank.
I learn how to coach other teller , feed back ,and train them according requirement,

Management was very nice , always helpful , listen your problem and understand employee requirement,

work cultural is very good , I love cultural of Td bank.

There was no Hard part of work , I work same thing before so I am good with customer and routine transaction.

Most enjoyable parts is flexible hours, very nice people and wlcome all cultural people.
I have been a Teller at TD bank for about 3 years now and the companies benefits are okay but if you do not have the right management let alone had 4 different managers in 3 years how can you scale up the latter. TD has helped me add another skill on my resume but the management in that place do what ever they want and if you want to go sometimes they can choose to not let you. In that case just find another banking job.
I loved working with the customers. It was a thrill helping them with their financial needs and dreams.

Learning new products, and telling customers about them was so exciting.
I was valued as an important member of the team, training new employees and consistently identifying fraudulent currency in order to help the community.
The hours are not convenient for a single mom with kids schedule never consistent. Management is poor just not what I expected to be with a company for a long period of time
Pros
Certain branches are better than others
Cons
Hours, work ethic
I was new to banking and learned many financial concepts. Everyone I worked with was nice. Definitely must be willing to help any kind of customer who walks through the doors
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks
Just like any job has its negatives there are small things that if changed could help make the work place so much more enjoyable. The pressure to hound customers like they do at clothes stores can become uncomfortable. Customer wise its great, you get your few bad ones but makes for an interesting day. Schedule works for me, great PTO and benefits for me but the pay doesn't match everything one is to do. Raises also don't come often in a great amount.
Pros
Pto, Health benefits
Cons
Pay, management doesn't always take everyones opinion into acct
In the five years, I was employed there, I worked in 4 different locations. Two of which were not my choice. I came in with a bachelors degree and it took them 4 years to promote me even though, I was quick to learn new tasks and asked for more responsibilities.
Pros
Many branches to choose from Many positions to choose from (if you're liked)
Cons
frequently moving to other branches slow to promote team members very low raises
• Led a team of branch teller staff, while being wholly responsible for the day to day operations of the teller service center.
• Performed all beginning and end-of-day operations, as well as teller cash audits, carrier shipments, vault cash counts, ATM maintenance, transit preparation and merit/disciplinary documentation for all teller staff.

• Conducted monthly productivity and procedural meetings with the teller staff and with branch and regional managers.

• Interacted with and handled teller service requests from high net worth personal clients as well as business clients.

• Regularly achieved top grading on in-person and telephone-based mystery shops, compliance, and customer service exams. Received several awards for customer satisfaction and product knowledge.
Overall, it is a great company to work for and the workplace culture is unlike any other i have worked in. I was able to grow and polish my management skills there. It allowed me to experience a professional environment and learn operations and time management.