TD Bank
Information from TD Bank:

TD Bank Employee Reviews for Teller

Teller784 reviews
United States784 reviews
By working at TD I have learned how important to be able give back to your community and have a great relationship with your other co worker. we are always short in staff and not be able take your breaks on time
Pros
employees like family
Cons
Worst company to work for. Management bad and whole system to complicate and not enough training. Everything not going well. No seating any time, you have long shifts and nobody care about worker. Putting list what you have to change and not making any sense.
Pros
Health insurance not bad
Cons
Stress
Deposited Checks and Cash. Completed various teller activities. Worked Drive thru, and front line. Up-sell credit cards, loan apps, new accounts.
I always wanted to work in banking. It can be somewhat difficult at times but not too overwhelming if policy and procedures are very clear. The right manager makes a big difference too.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Overall if you want to stay busy TD is the place for you. As far as management in my branch is completely unprofessional. They don't manage the branch well. I love TD as a company maybe not the weekend schedule but i chose to work here.
I would never work for this company again. It was one of the worst places to work. Hated it. I would hate walking into work like it would drain my life force. It was simply horrible.
I still work here and I plan on leaving as soon as I find something better. I’m a part time teller (20 hrs). I haven’t received compensation for my travel expenses to initial training. My training partner who worked at another branch told me that her manager took care of that for her. I kept asking my store manager to give me the login credentials so I can submit my info to receive it. He kept telling me he will let the assistant store manager know and he never did because I asked the ASM and he told me to check with SM again. It was back and forth for two months until I finally gave up. I was never going to receive what was owed to me. That was personal to me.
Otherwise following my post’s title, different people above the assistant head teller position who may be put in charge if a manager isn’t around will have different rules than management. This gets confusing and tellers are constantly scolded for following the rules if it is less convenient for them. People are consistently rushing to go home when we should be carefully following security procedures. Let’s not even talk about scheduling because it seems like they can just switch your schedule not even 12 hours before the day they want you to work even if you had off that day. Handling covid? Forget about it.

Please if you need a job, you need a job. But don’t stay for too long. If you want to get into banking just stay long enough to rack up experience for 6 months- 1 year and move on to another bank. I wouldn’t stay here long term.
Pros
Lots of PTO and pay is ok.
Cons
Disorganized, biased, inconsiderate scheduling.
It might’ve been my branch, but the management staff made working there unbearable and my mental health wasn’t worth the money to me. I felt Miserable working there and the day i quit Was the happiest day of my life
I worked there for a brief amount of time, I loved the work, the starting pay and benefits were exceptional and I loved the customers but the management and head teller were atrocious. I've never felt so disrespected on a daily basis.
They talked trash about the customers, they would judge our clothing and throw a fit if our pin was askew but come in to work in work out gear and tshirts.

If you had an issue with literally anything they would degrade you and follow up with "is this going to be a problem?"

When I left I went to another branch in town to cancel my card and they asked why I was leaving, I said I had quit, she asked which branch I told her and she actually laughed and said "say no more, they are notorious for running people off"
Pros
Great pay, great benefits.
Cons
Management. Head teller. No respect. If you dont value brands and labels they wont value you.
Trainer was rude and horrible
Too much to do

They expect one to be perfect after training

Didn’t like the working environment at all

Was never comfortable at all

My store manager was good though
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Management and staff trainers all suck
The most caring and understanding group of people you’d ever meet are at the Amherst office absolutely amazing in every way they care about each other professionally and in the personal sense you always know your team is there for you they will always help as they can in both ways and the td confrence is so much fun and a great learning tool if used properly
Working at TD for almost a year was nice but the schedule isn't really all that flexible and you are stuck working most weekends if you are a Teller I. If you are not familiar with a bank job it might be very stressful for you when you first start out as you must balance your box and be responsible but at the same time have excellent customer service and proficiency in sales. It might be rewarding if you are someone who would think of banking as a career otherwise its mids
I worked there for four years with the promise of advancements which I only ever saw happen once in four years the compensation wasn’t the best either the second I received a better offer I gave my resignation however my coworkers were some of the nicest people I’ve been lucky to know
(My experience working during covid-19 with TD as a Teller)

TD does not care about its employees. The pay is terrible which makes no sense because we at the retail level bring in all the companies money. You can't afford to live alone and pay your bills on what they give you. They try to make up for this with lots of PTO but in reality you'll never get to use all of it. My store manager retired and my head teller resigned and both had given the company years of there lives and both of them didn't even get a sincere goodbye from any of the higher ups.

The customers make this job even harder. I've had a lot of customer service jobs and dealing with these people was the worst. Not all of them are terrible but I'd say a good 85% either don't know how to do there banking at all or they come with an attitude and are very inconsiderate. I had a customer file a complaint about me that got bumped up to the regional people and they'll probably side with her over me even though she was actually lying through her teeth. (my store manager that just retired said she'd never seen anyone talk to customers as easily as me, just a side note so you don't think I treat customers poorly)

Also all the higher ups are no where to be found. All of them are working from home while were here on the frontlines getting harassed on a daily basis. They need to get in their stores and see what it's like for there employees right now instead of questioning and criticizing them left and right.

The scanners are terrible and software program they use is also terrible and they have no intentions
 - more...
Pros
Solid In-store Team
Cons
Way too many
My immediate boss (head teller) was amazing, that’s where it’s ends. You are told you will be able to grow and develop a career, but yet they never give you any opportunities. Upper management looked at any teller as disposable. Huge turnover rate.
I love working at td bank full time however im looking to possible work from home. Either full time or part time. I enjoy my time with the bank. Excellent manager I have. no complaints.
Definitely a welcoming place. All of the management embodies what they preach at orientation. People there are more than willing to help; during COVID-19 the company gave us bonuses; changed the work schedule but still compensated us normally. Great company thus far!
Too many goals high expectations. Long hours , working on sundays , open 7 days a week , a lot of fraud , no protection for employees, customer can get angry and there is nothing to protect u .
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Goals, long hours, working on Sunday’s
Working at TD was easily one of the most distasteful experiences of my career. It’s all about sales and not much about service. People who are in management at the store I worked at were often deceitful, not welcoming, and just plain rude. I had to call out for 3 days after my dad got sick and had an 8 hour emergency surgery and was in the ICU after and the day i came back they had me sit down with management to discuss my attendance. They don’t care about you.
This company wants their employees to succeed and move up within the company. They will give their employees a lot of resources to become better at their jobs. Working for TD Bank gave me the ability to develop my sales skills.
My time at TD Bank was very well spent. I grew a lot as a person learning skills that will help me throughout my life. It was always a great environment to work and I'm really grateful for the experience I gained.