TDS Telecom Employee Reviews

Poor company with bad management
Southeastern WI Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 9, 2019
Terrible culture of lying and favoritism. No promotion from within and no set training program. Staff turnover was horrendous. Products were marginal and company was never able to meet sales promises to customers.
TDS is a great company
Consumer Specialist SR (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 7, 2019
I love working here, and I plan to be with TDS a long time. Typical work day is solving problems, and helping customers and/or advisors. Management is great, and has a true open door policy.
Great place to work at
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 1, 2019
My co-workers are very knowledgeable and make easy to learn from. Another great benefit is high salary and great bonus if you refer a friend. TDS has many different way to get evolve with in the company, one great way is ERGs.
Pros
ERGs
Productive Workplace
Network Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 14, 2019
There are man aspects of TDS and many divisions. Depending on which area you work, depends on how you can progress and learn. Primarily as long as you get your work done and on time; you are left to work and not micromanaged.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Slow to Promote from within.
Great room for advancement and learning, need better structure
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 10, 2019
Much of the work I was given was data entry or other somewhat annoying bug fixing tasks. Really wish there was some sort of structure or program to this internship opportunity with a certain project in mind, as much of the time I did not have work to do and would ask for more but get small tasks usually not related to programming or the things I was interested in. When we did have meetings, my supervisor rarely showed up and my team members did not really take the standups seriously. This was annoying as these morning standups were the only meetings I would have, so the rest of the day I was sit behind a monitor without any interaction with people at all aside from occasional skype messaging. The management aside from this however is laid back and friendly, and I felt that on the whole the people were extremely friendly as well. Although I was not given much structure nor monitored very much (lots of autonamy, which is good I suppose) I would make the best of the scenario and learn about the technologies the company was using and what projects were created from them. I did really learn a lot, however much of this learning was from my own drive and was me making use of the resources at hand.The company almost always seems to bring new people in as interns or contractors and from there will hire and promote regularly which is neat. In my one on one sessions with supervisors I did really like speaking to them, but just wish it would happen more often.
Great Intern Opportunity
Supply Chain / Finance Internship (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 7, 2019
TDS offered me a great internship opportunity. They were very interested in hiring me on as a full-time employee. Great life/work balance. Jobs are often fast-paced but very rewarding. The culture was the only area of opportunity with this employer.
Collaborative, Encouraging workplace
Data Analytics Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 10, 2018
Management at TDS is interested in seeing you succeed! I was given the opportunity to work with tools that are known to drive the analytics field simply to gain experience. I have never felt micro-managed rather they encourage their knowledgeable employees to simply soar. An incredible work-life balance and an amazing group of intelligent, supportive co-workers.
Pros
Multiple ERG groups that support diversity & inclusion
Great place for work
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NM 88310December 1, 2018
By far the greatest place I worked since I left the military. Management is great tow work with an coworkers are amazing to learn from if you’re new to this industry I had an amazing time there an would go back in a heart beat
I enjoyed my career with TDS due to the wonderful team and manager I worked under
Account Manager I (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 14, 2018
The corporate strategy changed after my training. With the changes from being able to sell, it turned more into an account management role. The challenges were tough as the goals for the evolved role weren't realistic.
But, I thoroughly enjoyed the team I worked with, and my manager was extremely positive and encouraging.
Pros
awesome manager and team mates
Cons
The change in corporate strategy and the unrealistic goals
Supervisor Business Billing (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 11, 2018
Great company, excellent pay & benefits, forward thinking company
A place to build a career, not just a job
Many advancement opportunities
Flexibility in hours and work at home potential
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Competitive market
Average
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  USANovember 5, 2018
The company is growing with acquisitions, however they continue to reduce staff. TDS has become a do more with less environment. This makes the working environment and culture less desirable. .
Started out OK but the company treid doing too much
Repair Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 30, 2018
In the last 6 months they had a problem with staffing and the call center morale went down. A lot of people left their positions and it stayed difficult maintain customer satisfaction as a result.
Good, fair, and steady work environment
Bend Broadband Sales Professional/Executive (Current Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 29, 2018
It is a great place to start my day in sales, the Supervisor solves any problem I have encountered. I search leads from real estate and rental leads through web searches. I request street sheets to be pulled of an area to knock, the tenured Reps have secured most of the partnerships already so dedicating yourself to find new people to work with is a priority. Hardest part is securing sales knocking on doors daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my colleagues to find opportunities and reporting back with each other on our successes!
Pros
Wide open territories
Cons
Long nights of knocking
It was great
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 16, 2018
It was a great learning opportunity to learn new skills and work with great people. I wouldn't mind going back and work for them again. Great company with great benefits.
TDS is a great place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 11, 2018
A typical day at work involves my making outbound calls, sending emails, or answering inbound calls from current or potential customers about their telecom services.
Working at TDS has educated me more about the competitive world of technology between providers all over the US.
I have a great supervisor and peers. I work in a smaller business office so it doesn't feel like a call center at all.
Pros
flexible with time off, great supervisor and staff, working in smaller building, nice hourly wage.
Cons
can't work remote, bonuses are getting harder to hit, not a lot of advancement opportunities
Changing environment
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at TDS initially but it became more stressful as job security has become an increasing concern. The benefits are good and the compensation is competitive.
Excellent Work Atmosphere
FST (Current Employee) –  Vesper, WIOctober 3, 2018
I have been working at TDS for 1 year now and have no intention to leave. The wages are competitive and the paid time off is very generous. Friendly people to work with. The only complaint I have is the amount of medical premiums, although not bad but TDS could contribute more. The medical coverage itself is good.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
medical premiums
Poor Management
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, WISeptember 27, 2018
My supervisor was horrible. Had favorites and would start rumors about other employees to feel important. CEO & President both lied to employees.

The only plus is work at home.

Pay is not worth the stress
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Supervisor
Great Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Looked after employees created a family feel. Clear and concise directions as to where the company was headed and the expectation of each employees role in getting there.
Very good company to work for
Senior HR Data Analytics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 29, 2018
Very good company to work for. I would go back if I was given the opportunity. I enjoyed the culture and working with different departments. They let me me explore new ideas and new way to do things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TDS Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight