TDS Telecom Employee Reviews

Was hired back to company as a contractor
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 28, 2018
Work as a receptionist full time in a new suite that can keep you busy part of the day. Assist with mail room, service department and other departments in administration
Pros
routing schedule
Cons
little opportunity for advancement
Employees must embrace change
Sr. Analyst- Production Systems Support (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 24, 2018
A company that is rapidly evolving from a telecommunications company to a cable company. Most of the company focus is now centered around new business such as hosted managed services and cloud computing, as well as bringing fiber to the home.
Only worked on site for 2 weeks
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 23, 2018
Not very receptive of my Metasolv experience, were not very willing to answer questions as to Telephony compliance. Employees were very hard to get assistance from, not sure they were using Metasolv product as designed.
Pros
Nice place
Cons
Good Management
30 people let go for “budget cuts”
Net Ops Support (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 19, 2018
Instead of transferring long term, knowledgeable, dedicated employees to departments/positions that were looking to hire.. Without warning, TDS let go 30 people due to “budget cuts” and then posted on Facebook that they were “thrilled to welcome 20 new interns” the very next day..
Pros
Close to home, good benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication
Positive Environment
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, COJuly 14, 2018
I loved my time a TDS. Fun work incentives, contests and games. Managers were encouraging and helpful.

Base salary is a little low but commission was fair.
Nice place to work
Direct Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 10, 2018
Customers were unhappy with service provided. Was usually over 1 weeks for installation so was definitely a breakdown in sales and installation. People were nice but all bosses were out of state so hard to communicate anything.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Hard to get fiber installed. Not enough employees
Company is a Joke
Admin Processing (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 1, 2018
This company is a joke to work for. CEO tells employees that there jobs are safe and everyone is doing amazing and a week later they eliminate 30 positions to save money.

Pay is not that good for the amount of stress of you have to deal with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Stress, favoritism, and company lies to employees
good benefits
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 30, 2018
They do offer good benefits. It was a good company to work for until I started to have medical issues. Also they are not good with communication. My supervisor was fired and no one thought to tell us.
Great place to work, Awesome benefits
Consumer Retention Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 21, 2018
You are on the phones 8 hours a day. You talk to people about all kinds of things but mostly trying to retain customers from leaving the company and going to a competitor company.
Most people work from home so that is a plus and we IM each other all day for team moral.
Hardest part of the job is the customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is when you can make a customers day.
Pros
Pro's Great Benefits, work at home option. 401 K match, Loyal company, I would recommend to anyone
Cons
Con's you have to have a really thick skin. You talk to a lot of negative people all day.
Excellent place to work
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 15, 2018
If I didn't have to move I would absolutely love to stay within this company.

I get to do many different types of projects as a Data Analyst so it's never monotonous. I have now worked with platforms and languages I never had exposure to previously, and they have ample tutorial information on anything you need assistance with. I've never been expected to work more than 40 hours, and I can work from home with relative frequency. My direct supervisor is a very personable and enjoyable guy, and this company has a great 401(k) program as well as other benefits. I truly enjoy my job here.
TDS Review
Customer Repair Tech II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 8, 2018
Typical work day: Started at 3 pm ended at 9 pm. Where I'd take as many as 10 or as little as 2 phone calls per day

Management taught me how to eloquently talk to the customers.

Workplace culture is great everyone is friendly.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers

Most enjoyable part great people relaxed environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Amazing Culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 5, 2018
Working with TDS has been one of the best experiences I've had in my professional career. There are endless opportunities to learn and grow within the organization. TDS actually cares about work/life balance and the happiness of the employees. There is a ton of support from upper management and an open door policy, where you can voice your opinion and have it actually be heard. Truly a great place to work!
Pros
Autonomy, Trust, Potential, Development, Growth, Structure
Cons
Its a decent place to work at
SYSTEM TECHNICIAN 1 (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NM 88310June 4, 2018
Management needs to pay their techs more, especially for the amount of work they do. Its a phone company mentality trying to run a cable business. They're alittle behind in the technology part especially if they want to compete in the cable industry.
Pros
good benefits, lots of travel, you'll learn a lot
Cons
they'll work you. pay stinks, they loose good people because of pay.
great staff- met some people that are still friends today
Sales, service and Retention agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 27, 2018
i enjoyed my days here. i met really great people and the managers were polite and receptive to any concerns i had. sometimes there was a feeling of misdirection simply because it would take them some time to get back to you when it came to answering questions about changes that were going on at the time,
Pros
great staff and mentors
Cons
commission structure could have been better
Has great work envirement with constant informative meetings
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 21, 2018
Assisted TDS with new high speed internet roll out project associated with government shovel ready monied. I helped design whole market multi GIG distribution hubs for service to home latest technologies.
After design was approved and ready for roll out, new government funding rules slowed the project roll out.
Additional responsibilities also involved assisting engineering group for both wired lines and high capacity digital circuit design was very challenging. This position involved all aspects of telecom industry in several Mid-West stated.
My previous Ameritech (AT&T) technical training was very useful as most TDS sites were taken over with very few site records. TDS utilized my background with AT&T standards in engineering growth projects involving wired line additions and field pair gain expanditions.
Pros
great work envirement, treated very well
Cons
budjet for project had a short life.
Always something new going on
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 16, 2018
There was not typical day. It could be analyzing a system change, coding software, testing, solving problems, testing outsourced packages. The workplace culture was pleasant. The hardest part of the job was system testing large changes to software. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing new things all the time.
Pros
flexible time management
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Good pay for what I did there
Consumer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 15, 2018
My supervisor was awesome. I really liked the job even though it was my first call center job. Great that they give people the option to work from home.
Technological Leader
Engineering Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 13, 2018
Great pool of human resources. Cutting edge of technology advancement. Constant growth and evolution of network architecture. Company goals are clear and everyone is involved in progression.
Pros
Large geographically diverse work loctions
Cons
Large company with many layers
Interesting with different day to day challenges
Customer Repair Advisor- TCO III-Business (Current Employee) –  I work from homeMay 1, 2018
A normal 8 hours shift is trouble-shooting and repairing commercial voice and data systems across the United States. I would also help advisors trouble-shoot and repair residential services when they were stuck and did not know what to do. I have learned a lot about the telecommunication services and how they work. My direct managers were very hands off. the last 5 or 6 years I have worked out of my home. The hardest part of the job is when the customer is upset and does not want to listen or follow directions. This makes trouble-shooting difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you repair the customer issue on first contact and they are happy.
Pros
Working directly with the public.
Cons
customers that would not listen
Great place to be!
ASSOCIATE MANAGER - TALENT DEVELOPMENT (DELIVERY) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 24, 2018
I've enjoyed the collaborative work environment. There is a constant drive for success and improvement and if you are willing to put in the time and effort they are willing to invest in your career potential.
Pros
Workout facility; cafe on site
Cons
Constantly changing