TDS Telecom Employee Reviews

TDS is a great place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 11, 2018
A typical day at work involves my making outbound calls, sending emails, or answering inbound calls from current or potential customers about their telecom services.
Working at TDS has educated me more about the competitive world of technology between providers all over the US.
I have a great supervisor and peers. I work in a smaller business office so it doesn't feel like a call center at all.
Pros
flexible with time off, great supervisor and staff, working in smaller building, nice hourly wage.
Cons
can't work remote, bonuses are getting harder to hit, not a lot of advancement opportunities
Changing environment
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at TDS initially but it became more stressful as job security has become an increasing concern. The benefits are good and the compensation is competitive.
Excellent Work Atmosphere
FST (Current Employee) –  Vesper, WIOctober 3, 2018
I have been working at TDS for 1 year now and have no intention to leave. The wages are competitive and the paid time off is very generous. Friendly people to work with. The only complaint I have is the amount of medical premiums, although not bad but TDS could contribute more. The medical coverage itself is good.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
medical premiums
Poor Management
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, WISeptember 27, 2018
My supervisor was horrible. Had favorites and would start rumors about other employees to feel important. CEO & President both lied to employees.

The only plus is work at home.

Pay is not worth the stress
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Supervisor
Great Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Looked after employees created a family feel. Clear and concise directions as to where the company was headed and the expectation of each employees role in getting there.
Very good company to work for
Senior HR Data Analytics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 29, 2018
Very good company to work for. I would go back if I was given the opportunity. I enjoyed the culture and working with different departments. They let me me explore new ideas and new way to do things.
Productive working from home
Order Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pequot Lakes, MNAugust 20, 2018
I worked from home for the last two years. I placed many orders per day for our customers. Called the Senior hotline if I had a question. We all worked as a team. If we needed our managers assistance on something is was always hard to get a hold of her as she was constantly in meetings. The hardest part of the job was trying not to make errors & learning so much stuff.
Pros
treat us to lunches, played games, benefits
variety of work in the field or call center depending on what you are hired for
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NM, Alamogordo NMAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed working here and advancing. It was competitive to advance and you really need to advance yourself. The company will not advance you simply for tenure.
It is best if you are located in an area that they have large scale operations in, i.e. Madison WI, Knoxville TN or Bend OR.
They are scaling back operations in remote offices at this time.
Pros
there is a lot of room for growth and opportunity, big company with a lot of different jobs.
Cons
Very cold corporate culture. If your not meeting metrics, your gone. But metrics are reasonable. Overall, this was not a bad experience.
Was hired back to company as a contractor
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 28, 2018
Work as a receptionist full time in a new suite that can keep you busy part of the day. Assist with mail room, service department and other departments in administration
Pros
routing schedule
Cons
little opportunity for advancement
Employees must embrace change
Sr. Analyst- Production Systems Support (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 24, 2018
A company that is rapidly evolving from a telecommunications company to a cable company. Most of the company focus is now centered around new business such as hosted managed services and cloud computing, as well as bringing fiber to the home.
Only worked on site for 2 weeks
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 23, 2018
Not very receptive of my Metasolv experience, were not very willing to answer questions as to Telephony compliance. Employees were very hard to get assistance from, not sure they were using Metasolv product as designed.
Pros
Nice place
Cons
Good Management
30 people let go for “budget cuts”
Net Ops Support (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 19, 2018
Instead of transferring long term, knowledgeable, dedicated employees to departments/positions that were looking to hire.. Without warning, TDS let go 30 people due to “budget cuts” and then posted on Facebook that they were “thrilled to welcome 20 new interns” the very next day..
Pros
Close to home, good benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication
Positive Environment
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, COJuly 14, 2018
I loved my time a TDS. Fun work incentives, contests and games. Managers were encouraging and helpful.

Base salary is a little low but commission was fair.
Nice place to work
Direct Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 10, 2018
Customers were unhappy with service provided. Was usually over 1 weeks for installation so was definitely a breakdown in sales and installation. People were nice but all bosses were out of state so hard to communicate anything.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Hard to get fiber installed. Not enough employees
Company is a Joke
Admin Processing (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 1, 2018
This company is a joke to work for. CEO tells employees that there jobs are safe and everyone is doing amazing and a week later they eliminate 30 positions to save money.

Pay is not that good for the amount of stress of you have to deal with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Stress, favoritism, and company lies to employees
good benefits
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 30, 2018
They do offer good benefits. It was a good company to work for until I started to have medical issues. Also they are not good with communication. My supervisor was fired and no one thought to tell us.
Great place to work, Awesome benefits
Consumer Retention Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 21, 2018
You are on the phones 8 hours a day. You talk to people about all kinds of things but mostly trying to retain customers from leaving the company and going to a competitor company.
Most people work from home so that is a plus and we IM each other all day for team moral.
Hardest part of the job is the customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is when you can make a customers day.
Pros
Pro's Great Benefits, work at home option. 401 K match, Loyal company, I would recommend to anyone
Cons
Con's you have to have a really thick skin. You talk to a lot of negative people all day.
Excellent place to work
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 15, 2018
If I didn't have to move I would absolutely love to stay within this company.

I get to do many different types of projects as a Data Analyst so it's never monotonous. I have now worked with platforms and languages I never had exposure to previously, and they have ample tutorial information on anything you need assistance with. I've never been expected to work more than 40 hours, and I can work from home with relative frequency. My direct supervisor is a very personable and enjoyable guy, and this company has a great 401(k) program as well as other benefits. I truly enjoy my job here.
TDS Review
Customer Repair Tech II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 8, 2018
Typical work day: Started at 3 pm ended at 9 pm. Where I'd take as many as 10 or as little as 2 phone calls per day

Management taught me how to eloquently talk to the customers.

Workplace culture is great everyone is friendly.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers

Most enjoyable part great people relaxed environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Amazing Culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 5, 2018
Working with TDS has been one of the best experiences I've had in my professional career. There are endless opportunities to learn and grow within the organization. TDS actually cares about work/life balance and the happiness of the employees. There is a ton of support from upper management and an open door policy, where you can voice your opinion and have it actually be heard. Truly a great place to work!
Pros
Autonomy, Trust, Potential, Development, Growth, Structure
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TDS Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about