TDS Telecom Employee Reviews for Client Advisor

Poor Management
Customer Repair Adviser II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 8, 2018
Managers keep telling employees that they are important and we need to help every customer. But, actions speak louder than words. Everything is determined by numbers. The ruder you are with customers and faster you get to the next call, the more likely you are to get promoted, get a preferred shift, and get days off that you want. Everything is determined by your numbers with no regard for the customers.
Pros
Work at home
Great Place to work
Customer Repair Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 14, 2017
This Job does offer great Benefits, on-top of work from home, and the managers are amazing people. The Job itself does take a toll on a person and can really beat you down.
Pros
They do try and make those that work on site feel appreciated
Cons
once you know one job they add more on to your work load and don't give more pay!
good company, awful customers
Customer Repair Advisor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 7, 2017
You will receive a lot of calls from customers who have data,VOIP, or Cable TV issues. Most of them are willing to let you fix the problem and are grateful, but you will get at least one nasty customer every day that thinks you owe them the world.

Customers will drain you, but the company itself is a good company.
Pros
culture
Cons
bad work/life balance, customers are nasty.
It was an okay place to work
Customer Repair Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 14, 2017
Personally I had an okay experience with TDS in my customer repair advisor position but the only thing is they expect you to learn ALOT of information in a short amount of time, you are given a probationary period time and if your not meeting your metrics they will not email you and let you know to prevent it.
Pros
Health care paid time off etc
Cons
management too busy to help make employees aware of what they need to work on
Great Place to Work
Customer Repair Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Pequot Lakes, MNOctober 31, 2016
I have been with the company for a year now and honestly it feels like I just started. I cannot believe it has already been a year. The people I work with are great and a lot of fun with great attitudes towards their jobs.

I have always been able to get answers to questions and people have always been willing to teach me new things to help me do my job better. There are times when it challenges me to step out of my comfort zone and it is rewarding to do so. I was presently surprised at the high level of benefits that came with the job.

I am sure that anyone willing to learn and be challenged in a fun work place will love it here and do great.
Pros
fun work place, plenty of time
Cons
can be stressful at times
Not for me, I guess
Customer Repair Advisor I (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 24, 2016
A: Their management structure was still in transition, so It was a good attitude from management, immediate supervisors' communication was taciturn when it turned to topics of concern, sometimes.

B: For me this job was an easy "A", a simple job that's easy enough to be minimum wage, but paid $15/hr. Bravo, it's a step in a forward-thinking direction for humanity.

C: How ever was I supposed to fit in with these guys?
Good people I'm sure, but all a bit over-interested in an influence in media I've found unhealthy.
I bit my tongue a fair amount while I was in that role, but that's due to my own beliefs and I understand that it is my lode to bear.

Overall:
Good pay, good benefits, not my cup of tea.
Good entry level postion.
Customer Care -TCO Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 20, 2014
This was good entry level position, due to the intense training program and support that TDS has in place. I was able to learn allot in short period due to heavy exposure to information.
Stressful
Customer Repair Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 6, 2014
troubleshooting customer issues over the phone. Products included televsion, phone and internet
Pros
job security
Cons
screaming customers
A fun place to work
Customer Repair Advisor Ι (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work for me would start with checking my email for any changes that were made to products or to troubleshooting methods. Next I would check to see if thewre were any follow ups that needed to be made and contact those customers to address any other issues or concerns they might have. Next I would cdheck with my supervisor for coaching to see if there were any changes to my metrics, and what could be improved. Next I would start taking incoming calls for troubleshooting DSL, Telephone, and cable television services. Management was great and I had a great team around me.
Pros
great benefits, good people, great service
Cons
hard to maintain metrics
Pleasent work space, micro managed
Customer Repair Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 12, 2013
In-depth training of the various calls/problems you'd be resolving. Co-workers close around with equal or greater training that you can fall back on if you have a quick question. Changing your tactic/tone of voice with each customer would be the most difficult part of the job (unless you're not very savvy with technology). Hearing customers thank you for their time is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. There were parts in the job you could prove yourself, like improve the efficiency of each call and inform all workers of the ideas you have.
Pros
great lunches, friendly enviornment, closely tied to a hr rep if you need one
Cons
occasionally micro managed
Standard Call Center
Customer Repair Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WiJuly 3, 2012
Typical customer support job.

Standard Benefits and Rules.

Have to have patience to handle calls sometimes.

Great part about job are the other employees.

Just about everything necessary for the job is available at any time.