TDS Telecom Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Great culture
Consumer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 5, 2014
Management and co workers are great at recognizing work-life balance.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Call center
Walking on Eggshells
Consumer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 19, 2014
TDS started out as a great job. The money was great. The people were great. I thought I'd finally found the company I wanted to build a career with. My biggest struggles were dealing with the never ending changes within the company...specifically related to my commission. There was a time where they were changing the commission structure bi monthly. Now, it is at it's worse. This industry is extremely competitive and I feel TDS is losing. They micromanage like no other company I've ever seen. It is next to impossible to be successful at this position. Management will set expectations on you based on top sellers. The following week those "top sellers" are being walked out the door for unethical selling. This is a very common ritual...being walked out the door. They once walked 10 out in a day. The call routing is manipulated, which may or may not benefit you. Management was ok. But many of them weren't qualified and only did as they were directed by the corporate ladder.

If you can manage to maintain an acceptable performance for a year you can move out of the sales position to things that are better. But I wouldn't recommend working at TDS. It was once a great place to work but that ship has sailed...
Pros
Coworkers, location, advancement opportunities, hours
Cons
Management, job culture, unrealistic expectations
Great work environment.
Consumer Sales Advisor/Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIJanuary 13, 2014
I loved working at TDS and I would do it all over again! The people at TDS are not just dedicated to their jobs but also making sure that the people they work with are also up to date and knowledgeable about the product and services of the company.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks