TDS Telecom Employee Review

Interesting with different day to day challenges
Customer Repair Advisor- TCO III-Business (Current Employee) –  I work from homeMay 1, 2018
A normal 8 hours shift is trouble-shooting and repairing commercial voice and data systems across the United States. I would also help advisors trouble-shoot and repair residential services when they were stuck and did not know what to do. I have learned a lot about the telecommunication services and how they work. My direct managers were very hands off. the last 5 or 6 years I have worked out of my home. The hardest part of the job is when the customer is upset and does not want to listen or follow directions. This makes trouble-shooting difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you repair the customer issue on first contact and they are happy.
Pros
Working directly with the public.
Cons
customers that would not listen

Other TDS Telecom Employee Reviews

Productive place with opportunities for advancement
Customer Repair Advisor III (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 23, 2019
TDS has been a great place to start my post-graduation life and has given me many opportunities to grow as a professional. I have learned a lot about how telecommunication companies are conducted. I have also learned many things about software issues on computers from working in the Remote PC Support department. Management has often worked in the same positions they are currently managing since they promote from within often. This makes it easier to relate to management. Co-workers are almost always willing to lend a hand if help is needed which contributes to their great environment where we can continue to get tasks accomplished efficiently.
I miss it
Repair Agent customer service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 17, 2019
I got sick and needed to change from a evening shift to a day shift the person that reached out to me regarding that request is the reason I resigned. The company overall is great to be honest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TDS Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight