TDS Telecom Employee Review

Pleasent work space, micro managed
Customer Repair Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 12, 2013
In-depth training of the various calls/problems you'd be resolving. Co-workers close around with equal or greater training that you can fall back on if you have a quick question. Changing your tactic/tone of voice with each customer would be the most difficult part of the job (unless you're not very savvy with technology). Hearing customers thank you for their time is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. There were parts in the job you could prove yourself, like improve the efficiency of each call and inform all workers of the ideas you have.
Pros
great lunches, friendly enviornment, closely tied to a hr rep if you need one
Cons
occasionally micro managed

Other TDS Telecom Employee Reviews

Productive place with opportunities for advancement
Customer Repair Advisor III (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 23, 2019
TDS has been a great place to start my post-graduation life and has given me many opportunities to grow as a professional. I have learned a lot about how telecommunication companies are conducted. I have also learned many things about software issues on computers from working in the Remote PC Support department. Management has often worked in the same positions they are currently managing since they promote from within often. This makes it easier to relate to management. Co-workers are almost always willing to lend a hand if help is needed which contributes to their great environment where we can continue to get tasks accomplished efficiently.
I miss it
Repair Agent customer service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 17, 2019
I got sick and needed to change from a evening shift to a day shift the person that reached out to me regarding that request is the reason I resigned. The company overall is great to be honest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TDS Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight