Teachers College Columbia University Employee Reviews

Depends on the department
Networking and Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
Working at TC depends on the department you are in. If you are in a good department things will be fine. TC has transitioned over the years. Since I left I could not tell you how the culture is.
Great Program
Leadership Development Workshop Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I worked as an assistant for Teachers College of Columbia's Leadership Development program where I helped students from the People's Republic of China excel in leadership exercises.
Fun workplace
Painter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Chance to move up
Flexible schedule
People are helpful and fun to work with
Always willing to help in teaching if needed
Comfortable atmosphere
Work life Balance
Supervisor/Lead of Custodial Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
At Teachers College, we care about our employees and students. We believe that everyone regardless of status and or title deserve respect, so we do our best by being selfless to our clients .

Managers and coworkers alike are friendly and respectful. We view and value Teachers College as shareholders do. The hardest part of my day is getting everything ready so that our clients are comfortable when their arrive. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing our clients happy even when they are stress. We do our bless so they don't have to worry.
Pros
Educational benefits, early fridays closing duringsummers times
Cons
short breaks, slow growth in compesation
good environment
Group Leader- Say yes to after school program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2013
is a fun place where i enjoyed myself working with kids and being able to help them learn and get better in school.

i learned many things from the children i worked with so i consider it was a win win because i had the opportunity to gain more experience in the educational field and the kids learning new things from me and my coworkers.
productive and educated work place.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2012
i have worked for this company for thirty years. my years there has been an experience. the time i get there i clock in and check the building areas that i am in charge of and i gave out work orders of things that has to be done. management has changed alot and i kept on being switched to other buildings because otherv staff refuse to do the work. so since i had enough time to retire, i did. the hardest part of the job was to get the employees to do the work orders that i had given out ordered by managment. the most enjoyable part of the job is a safe and clean enviornment that i have left.