Teachers Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
N/a
Service Center Representative I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work would be coming in, getting drawer out and getting computer/station ready for the day. Performing transactions all day. workplace culture was pretty good.
A good credit union to work for overall.
Assistant Branch Manager & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 8, 2018
Overall, a good experience. Dealt with customers on a daily basis. Approving loans, 2nd mortgages, managing employees. Upper management could have managed better to floor managers. I learned to problem solve & listen to communicate.
Going downhill
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 30, 2018
When I first started at TCU it was all about the member. How best to help them. We did our daily duties, audits, and helped our members. Now they have turned into a bank and made cuts and are promoting accounts and loans that people don't need. There is pressure to make sales when people aren't walking through the door. Plus don't get paid enough of a living wage and newcomers are making more than the people who have been here for 15-20 years let alone the people who have been there a year.
Exhausting and micromanaged
Lead teller (Former Employee) –  CR 6 ElkhartMay 30, 2018
My opinion as a Lead teller did not matter at all to the management. They consistently asked me to take on more and more responsibility without any increase in pay or promotion.
FAst Paced
Teller, Member Prospecting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2018
Working at Teachers Credit union can be a good place to work. They have good benefits. I did feel that they did not pay enough for some of the duties
Great Company
EFT Clerk, Call Center Rep, Vault Teller, Teller (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN 46601May 9, 2018
I worked for TCU for almost 7 years and I would recommend them. They have great benefits and treat there employees very well. The people you work with become a second family.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Holiday Pay, Sick Pay
Cons
Pay could be a little better
Loved the Job
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 28, 2017
I was very successful in my position. My issue was with my department co-workers. They were VERY unprofessional and cruel. Non supportive or helpful back stabbing
I got along great with my Manager, but the department had very little managing. If an issue occurred the manager would tell you to take it up with the fellow employee rather than deal with the situation. Which made it hostile and negative.
I was employed with TCU for a very long time it was hard for me to leave but it became to hateful with in my department.
Internship - Great Learning Environment
Associate Analyst - Commercial Loans (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 30, 2017
TCU doesn't have an official internship program but it was a great learning environment. My boss and his staff were all trained in "credit analysis" programs and they passed on that knowledge. Everyone I worked with and everyone I met was very professional. If I had planned to stay in South Bend after school I would have loved to continue at TCU.
Pros
Great Learning Environment, Accepted as a Professional
Sales Presure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 30, 2017
The best part of the position was interacting with the members of the credit union. The worst part was the push to sell products by cold calling members.
Pros
Interacting with members
Cons
Cold calling to push sales of products
Sales over experience and know-how
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INAugust 22, 2017
The amount of work required with the revolving door of employees combined with the mandatory sales output, left me feeling underpaid and under appreciated. Sales numbers were more valued than actual industry knowledge and professional connections with the member base. Oftentimes, people were brought in for higher positions rather than promoting from within to show appreciation and value for time spent in the organization. The numbers game made the working environment very stressful, especially when pitted against your coworkers for the same sales. However, I did manage to form memorable connections with the member base and a select few coworkers, making the job almost worthwhile.
Pros
Dedicated members
Cons
High stress sales driven environment
I love working there
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 17, 2017
I love Teachers Credit Union!! The co-workers are great, everyone in charge at corporate is great. Communication is a big part of everyone's life which makes working there 100% much easier.
Productive and great place to work
Teller Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 16, 2017
Well balanced work place. Cross trained to learn different areas. With excellent co workers always helping and making you feel at home. Great pace with little to no supervision. Downfall, was the pay.
My Review
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  110 S Main Street South Bend, INJune 19, 2017
Working at Teachers was a good opportunity to be in a environment that was way different from fast food & retail. Handling big amounts of cash, doing night deposits making sure they was done before the Credit Union opened. Doing widthdrals to deposits day by day making sure all information was shred before a member did their business.
Mortgage Consultant
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed helping our members achieve the goals that they requested for mortgage financing. A typical day included meeting members, assisting my peers with financial training, and supporting the Operations team in a positive manner.
It is a good career to grow in!
Teller Professional (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 10, 2017
The management needs some improvement. Other than that, it is a perfect career for people who enjoy member service! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to build a career in banking!
work
Teller Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
cashed and deposited checks on a daily basis greeted customers withdraw and deposited funds into customer accounts answered questions sold and promoted banking products
Rewarding work with a great work environment
Bank (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 26, 2017
Clear set of expectations. Everyone there is nice and very willing to teach you new skills and responsibilities. Be ready to test your memoty
perfect hours, business professional
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 4, 2017
-Assisted members with their financial needs by discovering PNOs and providing any and all information on credit union financial services over the phone, via mail and email, etc.;
-Was responsible for discovering problems, needs, and opportunities by listening for clues in conversations, asking questions, and researching the member’s accounts;
-Was responsible for determining the member’s awareness in solving the PNO, decided the best product or service and recommend it by discussing it or directing the member to the appropriate person.
Pros
hours
Cons
compensation
Not much room for advancement
Teller (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 28, 2016
I was there for three years and never got the chance to see anyone move up. They were always "right sizing," aka down sizing. Went from 5 full time employees down to 3 in the three years I was there. Went down from 8 total tellers, down to 4. They took away our one hour lunches, down to half hour lunches and we were required to meet sales goals and make five sales telephone calls per day. Also, they wanted you to be trained in customer service to help the loan officers, but would not offer any more compensation for this skill or harder work being completed.
Pros
Flexible with family issues such as child being sick, funeral, etc.
Cons
Did not like to advance anyone.
Does not value their employees
Collection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Bend IndianaNovember 29, 2016
Management at this company does not seem to care about their employees any longer. They are cutting benefits, bonuses and hiring, we do not have enough help.
Pros
Vacations/Holiday pay
Cons
Poor moral due to poor management desicions