Team San Jose Employee Reviews

Inequality and no appreciation
Do not want to share (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2018
Although you work hours and hours, and for decades, there is NO appreciation for the hard workers who are there everyday. The "awards" are cheap pieces of left over products, and they are given to the workers who do not arrive early to work or finish their assignments. They are given to workers that do no care about their jobs and those who do not have any form of leadership. The people in charge (the bosses) do not have any form of understandment for those who complete their jobs and who have a genuine excuses and complaints. These valid complaints are ignored and the bosses are passive. Nothing is fair, and it deprecates the value and the work of individuals who do their best to improve the company. It seems like the more you do, the more work they give you, and less recognition.
Cons
NO recognition, boss is rude and corrupt
Very nice work environment
Vault Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work with plenty of support from a great team! There is an awesome buffet style lunch for only $4/day and employees are permitted to attend some events. The right amount of pay for what you are asked to do.
Great place to work for
Part Time On-Call Registrations Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 19, 2018
I love this company. it's a great place to work for. Love my manager. He is very organized and straight forward. He is friendly with his employees. I love my coworkers. Everyone is friendly and we can work together as a team.
Pros
great place to work. friendly coworkers
Cons
pay your own parking fee which is very expensive.
Some of the worst managers I have ever worked with.
Financial Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2018
The management I had to work with was dismal to the point where all employees submitted official complaints to human resources based on various humiliations, screaming communications, and other demoralizing actions by our manager. This, in all fairness, was just one manager out of many who work there, but this review focuses on the manager under which I had to work.
Pros
Good opportunities for advancement
Cons
No accountability towards grossly incompetent managers
Fast-Paced Job Great Environment
Facilities (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 15, 2017
It’s a great working environment you get to meet a lot of people and learn a lot from them. Very active job which requires you to walk a lot which is good for your health.
Professional event service providers.
Customer Service - Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2017
Team San Jose's workplace culture is very relaxed and welcoming. Every event is different which makes it fun to work in a changing work environment. At the same time as a company we strived to meet our exhibitors needs for every event.
fast paced , a fun place to work
Bartender #2 (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 7, 2017
A fun place to work:

sold out concerts

sold out San Jose Sharks Games

FAST PACED in one of the two club level areas

on call for the events , when they are available.
Pros
Tips $400 plus
Cons
Stress
Terrible Place to work if your not hispanic
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 12, 2016
I worked here for a month and the place is terrible the human resources department allows the executive chef to sexually harass the woman in the kitchen making the woman call him daddy and if you dont speak spanish forget about even working here. The exec, chef calls woman b!tches while smiles in their face, so much went on in this place in one months time and the union wont even stick up for you but yet they want their money every month
Fun environment great co-workers
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2016
This was my 4th job in the area, and the management was well taught. Everyone had patience for one another and teaching the ropes in the job without being completely lost. I only stayed for a short period of time, but it was a good enjoyable rewarding job.
great job
Facilities Houseperson (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 9, 2015
setting up for huge events. i learned to be professional. the management here is great. coworkers are knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job is the schedule. 4pm-12am. best part of the job is the pay and the events that go on let me get a good look at something new.
Pros
hourly wage. benefits through union
Cons
30min lunch
very good management
Accountant - Internship (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 3, 2014
- I learned a lot about accounting at this company
- Very good management
- Everybody are very nice
Pros
Free lunch at the end of each month
Cons
N/a
Good inviroment to work in
facilties atendet (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2014
A typical day at work gose by fast because of the work there is to do. Witch i like because it keeps me bussy and doing somthing.
So far working for Team San jose hase helped me be more confident and a better employee. my co-workers are good to me they work well with me and together we get the job done. so far i havent really bumped into something difficult at my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is at the end when I see how all the hard work pays off.
The fast work pace and exposure to almost all diversities and special interest groups that frequent convention centers are invigorating.
Associate Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 17, 2013
TSJ is a dynamic fast paced organization dedicated to bringing business to downtown San Jose. Ever moving targets make this an exciting and demanding work environment. Being a union friendly business, excellent union relationships are a must. All engineering staff are union and an excellent work force.
Pros
Working downtown in a public environment in collobaration wiht the city of San Jose
Cons
Limited city funded budgets preclude moving a multitued of projects forward.
A good side job
Assisting event attendees (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 13, 2012
Most of the working ushers at Team San Jose were seniors. I was the youngest worker nearly every shift. While they were great with venue patrons and with each other, I constantly felt superior in intellect and often felt like work could be better administered by the Head Ushers. It was an easy job, standing where assigned and doing the tasks required. Helping patrons find restrooms/exits, taking the tickets upon entrance, remaining in front of a closed door to make sure no one entered or left except during and emergency. I was given an option to work a day if I could, so I felt no pressure in getting fired from the job.
Pros
easy job
Cons
short breaks, lots of standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Team San Jose. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight