TEAM Wireless- Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer

TEAM Wireless- Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Fun and Fast Paced
Operations (Current Employee) –  Escanaba, MIApril 15, 2019
This can be an intimidating position at first. Once you put in your time and learn the ropes you'll find that you feed off of the fast pace. The competitive spirit of the company and encouragement of management cultivates an awesome atmosphere. If you want a free ride this job is not for you. If you're ready to put in the work and earn a paycheck you will have unlimited opportunities for growth!
Pros
Competitive, fun, challenging
Cons
need to have self motivation
High stress. Little support from upper management
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Negaunee, MIMarch 22, 2019
Commission is very low competitively. High stress. Mandatory overtime if promoted to manager, but with low salary so they work you to the bone. Work life balance is awful. It's not worth the stress.
I love this company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 23, 2019
I don’t understand any of the negative reviews on here. I have been with the company since 2014 and have had nothing but great experiences with this company and I am glad to call this TEAM my family! I have had instances where I have had to take a measurable amount of time off work and there were no questions asked, and my position was waiting for me when I got back. I have never worked where upper management cared so much about their employees like this one. If you are looking for a company where the chance of advancing is there and they treat you like family then this is the place for you to work. Trust me you will love it!
Pros
Family oriented very very understanding. Great money.
Cons
Absolutely none
Now hiring Expendables
Sales (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIFebruary 18, 2019
Valid concerns were constantly brought up to management and shrugged off almost routinely. In hindsight, the people in charge likely weren't happy with their employment within the company and I hope they are doing okay. This company ushered me into one of the deepest depressions of my life. Someone else referenced suicidal thoughts in this review section; believe me, they aren't being dramatic. Don't apply, don't work for, and stay away from this circus of a business.
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIJanuary 6, 2019
I have been employed with TEAM for quote some time now, and I was able to move up quickly in the company. The management team above me is great and always willing to allow me time off or days off when needed for my children. Pay and earning commission is not hard to obtain. There's always a chance to go above and beyond the targets set for you and it's very doable targets! It is a sales based position so thatsaim priority for anyone looking to be employed here.
Pros
Free products, great atmosphere
“Team”
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIDecember 20, 2018
This company was by far the WORST I have ever worked for. No pay what so ever as manager when I went on maternity leave, also they do not accept doctors notes as an excused absence from work. I had a less than 6 mo the old baby that had gotten very sick, so we took her into the ER at 1 am, I showed up the next morning after having less than 3 hours of sleep and asked to go home after proving a doctors note, and they wrote me up for going home. I put my 2 weeks in, worked one shift and they called me at the beginning of my next shift saying that they were accepting my resignation immediately. Total garbage.
Pros
Good work atmosphere, great store managers
Cons
Upper management is garbage, micro managing, low pay, impossible targets in order to receive commission
All that Glitters is NOT Gold
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 8, 2018
Stay far Far FAR away from MEAT Wireless. As a veteran Verizon employee of 10+ years and having worked for 4 different retailers this company is far and away the WORST. They do not care whatsoever about employees in the slightest. You'll notice that they are always hiring because turnover rates are insane. People quickly discover this is certainly not a desirable work environment due to flawed upper management and impossible amounts of sales calls/emails/GroupMe notifications that you will be reprimanded for like a child if you miss even one detail.

Countless amounts of pointless documents and paperwork for things that could easily be done electronically to save time and energy. It is very apparent that they are trying to expand faster than they can handle to inevitably cash out to a Big 6 agent. Disgusting.

If you ever get the pleasure of dealing with the troll that is their HR department, lord help you.
Pros
Always Hiring, Provides benefits you'll need if you work here over a month.
Cons
Literally everything else
Horrible company to work for
TEAM WIRELESS STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIOctober 31, 2018
They treat you like a number not an employee of value. They are constantly hiring because they cant keep their current employees happy. They drive sales but that is all they care about
Pros
Cons
everything
Lured in with the good stuff!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 18, 2018
The company loves to play favorites among it's staff. The individual sale reps continually steal sales from other reps. Management gives extremely unrealistic sales goals for some targets. you miss your goal by 1 target and you can miss out on hundreds of dollars of commission which means you make 9 something an hour. The upper management is completely out of touch with reality on what can sell. And if you do stoop down to the sleazy sales techniques needed to sell many of these items to hit your goals, then you must deal with the backlash as customers realize they don't actually need the junk you convinced them of selling. Moral of the story....if you don't have a conscience, have at it. If you don't like bending the truth on a daily basis to sell people technology they, most of the time, don't need, then I'd look elsewhere for experience

Also, their benefits are geared towards single employees because they will only cover you. If you have even one child and a spouse, they won't cover anything for either of them. it costs more per month than you make hourly to cover 3 people
Too many bosses
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MIOctober 10, 2018
If you’re good at what they ask you can get paid- if you’re in one of the very few high profiting locations. I would say store management positions are cursed because not many last long. Other wise you spend your day interacting with frustrated customers all while being asked by 4-5 different people why you didn’t answer the question 2+2 from the notes of the call you needed to be on while attempting to instead get paid. If you can sell you’re going to sell, if you have to talk about selling every week then maybe you should consider hiring more experienced personal with a higher wage. High stress environment with high expectations and little reward. Most stay because it is the best they can get but everybody talks about leaving. Everybody. Worst job I ever had and I didn’t even realize it until my entire life around me fell apart. After finding a new job within a different company I can really see how much stress this company creates and what the constant anxiety of messing up will do to your personal life as well as your mental health. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
Verizon offers you a good discount on plans. Benefits package is okay if you’re single.
Cons
Long hours, Frequent policy changes, difficult to please management, Will come up with new rules and policies to take your money if they can.
Maganment is awful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 8, 2018
Upper management has killed my love of this job. My store manager is absolutely wonderful and seeing the way she has been treated was the final straw in deciding to leave my job at TEAM. They are impulsive, controlling, and incapable of listening. Targets increase every month even though revenue and sales are declining because you are forced to push so many products during transactions. The comission structure is set up so that they don’t have to pay you out the money you have earned unless you meet their impossible standards and when you don’t you are given disciplinary action. Policies change often and you are questioned by upper management at every turn. Trying to use PTO will count against your attendance unless it is scheduled at least one month in advance. HR is an absolute nightmare and turnover, especially in store managers, will make your head spin. Overall this job is not worth your time or your sanity.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Short breaks, rude management, no control over store or inventory
Challenging yet fun place to work where there's a new experience everyday
Sales Consultant/Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 24, 2018
if you love a challenge and interacting with different types of people every day this job is for you. You never know what's going to walk through your door. The industry is evolving all the time and if you love to learn about the latest and greatest technology you will have a swell time. TEAM is always adding on to their list of locations and the career possibilies are endless if you're willing to work hard and learn everything you can. When I first started a year and a half ago there were 36 stores and now we are at 51. It can be a challenge to meet targets, however everything is definitely obtainable and the company does not set anyone up to fail. They want you to sell and close your targets just as much as you do. The biggest downside of the job is you do not have a set schedule. Stores are typically open everyday of the week so weekends are a must but usually you have 2 weekends off a month. Overall I would highly recommend TEAM. It's a fun and exciting industry that is constantly growing and getting better.
Pros
Full time, benefits, room for advancement, exciting and challenging
Cons
Not the best schedule
Loved my co-workers!
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 19, 2018
The job was great for me, I liked the faced pace and the different situations that I got to experience (no day was the same)
I relocated to a different city
Pros
No day was ever the same
Opportunity in a fun industry
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Escanaba, MIApril 19, 2018
Joining TEAM Wireless was honestly one of the best decisions I've ever made in life. I was able to learn retail ands management skills through their training and on the job. The upward mobility has been incredible for me. I started as a Sales Consultant and now I'm in upper management. TEAM Wireless has sent me to Las Vegas and Scottsdale on business trips which was a lot of fun! Their Leadership Conferences are the best! It's not an easy career but it's fun and rewarding.
Pros
Upward Mobility, work environment, conferences
Cons
Taking work home with me sometimes
Great place to work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Escanaba, MIApril 19, 2018
TEAM wireless is a fun place to work! The company wants to see you succeed and genuinely cares about you. They offer a great benefits package and most everyone is friendly and welcoming!
Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 18, 2018
This job is not worth the headaches and stress. They ask way to much from you that is almost impossible to obtain. They set targets just too high so they don't have to pay you commission (they tell you that in your training class). They don't see you as an employee, they see you as a number. You are easily replaced. You're belittled, talked down to, treated like garbage if you're not a manager. The upper management doesn't get it. They think that every store is a $50k store when in reality almost none are. They never say good job to anything, only tell you that it could be better. Nothing is ever enough for them. They want the impossible from you. You do one thing wrong, you get documented, not even talked too so you can try to fix it. Like a few other reviews stated, if you don't want to walk on egg shells all your work day, this isn't for you. I have never worked for a company before like this. I would dread going in everyday. I would avoid at all costs.
Pros
Not too many
Cons
Alot.
If you like going to work walking on egg shells , this is for you .
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 16, 2018
TEAM Wireless bought the previous company I worked for. During the transition they made it seem like they had values. This company has no integrity . They value no employees. They fire people for anything since they are easily replaceable .
This company is a joke. Upper management is Terrible! Absolutely the worst managed company I have ever worked for. They do not work with your kids. They expect to be before your children.
Pros
401k plan offered
Cons
Upper management, no integrity, no value in employess
If you like high stress and no life outside of work, this job is for you.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIFebruary 23, 2018
You work under high stress daily. The majority of the customers are frustrated when they walk in, so its not a very positive environment. You are expected to stand for 10-12 hrs a day, with no drinks/snacks on the floor, and no sitting. I worked two 12 hour days in a row with no break or lunch! Brought it up to HR and was told in Michigan they don't have to give you lunches. IF you do get a lunch you get a 1/2 hour.
Upper management only cares about the numbers. If you are not making them money, they don't care about you. Nothing you do is good enough. They keep expecting more and more out of you. Your commission is a joke compared to corporate Verizon's commission. You work your butt off for little pay. They expect you to eat, sleep, live for work.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, little pay, management
Employee (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 22, 2018
If you are good at sales you can make ok money. The challenge is that the inventory is almost never there. Also, upper management is not great. They show little to no recognition when you do well and like to focus on the things you did poorly. High stress levels aren't worth the average wages.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stress levels, upper management, treated like a child.
Worst Job Ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 20, 2018
They were constantly doing phone calls for improvement when stores were slow. They did not treat my store good. I felt horrible for my manager. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
If you can sell it’s okay money
Cons
Management, metrics goals, not being appreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEAM Wireless- Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5