TeamHealth

TeamHealth Employee Reviews

TeamHealth insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

This place is awesome, the management is very well put together and always on point. I love working for them, I just wish that there was more work for me to do so that I can become full time.

Workplace depends on facility

Great place for employment. National company with transfer opportunities. Bonus based on performance. Can make over 100k easily. Compensation for travel between facilities.

Horrible Place

Horrible place to work. Lowest pay in the industry. Micro managed by employees who do not know what they are doing, and were only promoted due to playing favorites. No or little training to do the job you are assigned and then punished for low production. Management is the worse. Do not trust anyone.

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Short breaks, micro managed, no training, low pay

Terrible work place

I started in 2013 and it was great I absolutely loved my job. Then things changed with our system and they expected us to code 50 charts an hour and maintain quality QA’s. Mandatory overtime month after month we had NO SUMMER they are killing us it’s a sweat shop they don’t appreciate us or our time off the clock. You couldn’t pay me a million dollars to work for this company. Upper management is AWFUL and totally disrespectful. Keep looking this place isn’t worth your time or sanity.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Management, expectations, no life, mandatory OT, ignorant supervisors and upper management

Nothing. Alot of favoritism and pay stunk.

Most dysfunctional office I have ever worked in. Management was horrific. Corp. From Tennessee came in one day and told us all that we no longer had jobs, they were moving it to TN. And they work off a DOS system!

Pros

Cons

Management and the health insurance was ultra expensive

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Corporate company with corporate decision making

Began working for TeamHealth when they bought out my previous employer. When the Covid-19 epidemic occurred, they began making changes to our contracts. They took away our 1.5x pay for on-call shifts (reduced it down to $100 if we were called in and then eventually took that away too), took away our CME allowance (and replaced CME with their own education modules), and fired half of our staff in the middle of Covid-19 (making it extremely difficult to trade shifts or have shift coverage when you need it). Unfortunately, their decisions are purely based on numbers and the ones who make the decisions are not the ones who are actually practicing clinical medicine. Pay is good but you lose a good work/life balance as your shifts are scheduled all over the place and shift start times change on a weekly, if not daily basis. It's a shame because this company would be so much better if they treated their employees with more compassion, respect, and less like a number or body to fill a position.

Pros

Pay, 401K, Benefits

Cons

Poor work/life balance, poor company morale, does not value employees

Excellent clinical experience

I worked here for two years. The free CME is excellent, the clinical experience was incredible. I worked with a great group of people. The downside was the long shifts, some stretching to 15-16 hours at a time.

Pros

People, clinical experience, benefits, Cme

Cons

Shift times

HM billing Center

I’ve worked for TH going on 6 years, I’ve always wanted to move up here, but it is very hard. It’s who you know, not what you know. Management is a joke, they do not care about their reps.

Pros

Flex schedule, Pto, no weekends worked

Cons

Low pay, a lot of OT, no advancement

Corporate Medicine in all its glory (metrics = life)

Typical privately held corporate medicine group. Providers are dispensable. No job security. There is plenty of "thanks for all your hard work" but very little changes that are painfully obvious in order to improve the quality at work. Pay was fair, though.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Metrics = Life

Decent company, high work load

TeamHealth was a decent company to work for. My colleagues were generally kind and had a strong work ethic, but the volume of work was overwhelming at times and the compensation was low for the expectations placed on us.

Pros

Nice colleagues, good supervisor

Cons

Compensation, work-life balance

Great for starter

The position I was in was more for a person starting out in the health field. The hours were flexible but the set up of locations for the job were concerning. I was put in a closet to do my job at one hospital and the other I was in with patients recovering from surgery.

Pros

Flexibl

Cons

Pay

Flexible schedule with benefits

The flexibility of schedule is definitely a great benefit for a working parent. You can work autonomously and have little involvement with management as long as you are doing your job.

Pros

Insurance, Pto

Cons

No reimbursement for gas/travel, no raises

Production

They are production driven and the more you do the more they want without a thank you if good job.. mgmt is nice but lacking in skills to run an effective office environment

It is very well organized.

The hiring process, training, and job activities are well organized and have productive processes in place which make the job less stressful and more enjoyable.

Pros

Great benefits, good job, great technology & equipment

Cons

Less pay then similar jobs, difficult getting days off on weekends & holidays

Worst place to work

I hated every minute I was there. Management was the worst I have ever had. I would deter anyone from applying for a HRIS position there. There was no sense of camaraderie.

Management lite, encouraging

Easy to work for, supportive, lots of emphasis on wellness at the national level, not so much in our local practice, cut our staffing pattern with COVID and slow to restore it well after our patient volume rebounded

Pros

Little management interference

Cons

Little accountability

Overall good employer

Good company but manager plays favoritism and biased. Manager has a power trip and speaks down to you if questioned. Annual reviews are minimal, work from home option very convenient.

Fun workplace

Working at TeamHealth was amazing. Not only are the managers super helpful but so are the other employees. The job hours are perfect, with unlimited PTO and no weekends.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Expensive healthcare

It's a great place that will hire a new coder. Training is extensive. Benefits are really good. Switching EMR's from facility to facility can be difficult. All in all has been a very good experience.

Pros

remote work

Cons

short breaks

Disconnected

Supervisor was there states away, my “on site” FMD was only ever on site three times while I worked there. Complete disconnect between national and regional management and local staff. Disconnect between TH and the hospital staff and management as well. Paid well hourly but never advanced to full time like I was told I would. Don’t recommend.

Pros

Paid well hourly

Cons

focused on improving patient care and creating desirable workplace for providers

It was a tough year with covid and fluctuating staffing and insurance pressures as well as some system consolidations. Overall, executive team and regional team did an admirable job supporting local leaders and recognizing front line workers from all divisions.

Pros

focused on retaining talent

Cons

sometimes more attention on productivity over quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeamHealth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at TeamHealth.
Powered byComparably

Compare TeamHealth with

• TeamHealth
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?