TeamHealth Employee Reviews

All they care about is making money
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2019
Employees don’t matter to this company. They will do whatever they want with you, it’s all about what’s good for their checkbook. Employees are nothing but a number. If you need HR or ANYTHING get ready to call the company phone numbers and wait on hold as a “customer”. HORRIBLE company to work for, that is if you like being treated like a human.
Great experience
Contract HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHSeptember 7, 2019
I learned so much in my HR role there. I was new to HR and if it wasn't for this being a contract role I would have stayed. I worked at the Billing Center and the culture was awesome. We definitely made it fun and never a dull moment. I don't like boring. As someone new to HR I was lucky to have a great boss and mentor who was young, fun and knowledgeable and knew how to take the lead on engagement and recognition and leadership development that was exactly what that fast-paced stressful at times type work the teams needed. I just wish I would have known what I know now about my field and scene how good I had it hear even though it was a temporary role.
Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 6, 2019
Lower management, the SENIORS, and one member of upper management, a SUPERVISOR, are the most unprofessional and disrespectful human beings I have ever met. They will be nice to your face and drag you through the mud behind your back. They will be so friendly with you, get you to open up to them, and then go trash talk you and tell your business the minute they can. They make the job MISERABLE. There is a immense amount of favoritism going on behind the scenes and I would not recommend working here to anybody that I love. My time here was toxic. You cannot even confide in upper management to fix any ssues you may have.
Loved TeamHealth
Idc-10 coder (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 6, 2019
I worked at the Brookview Centre location in Knoxville, this was my favorite job. I looked forward to work every day! The only reason I left was to relocate out of state. I would go back in a heartbeat. I cannot say anything negative about my management or coworkers I always had help if needed.
Poor
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHSeptember 4, 2019
Teamhealth is so concerned with the number of transactions making it difficult for one to feel confident in their accuracy because they are too worried about their speed. Mentors assigned to the new hires are not up to date with how new hires were taught. Their errors aren’t picked up on as easy as new hires because they have minimum claims. It’s never a good sign when the supervisor has to go ask a senior and or regular employee how to do something. I would love to see a pop quiz (not permitted to ask for help) or test given to all employees that have been employed longer than 3 years. I guarantee 90% of us would have a C average or below.
Pros
Flex schedules
Cons
Supervisors/pay
Stressful/ Micromanaged
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 1, 2019
Good company overall, sadly the job requires one to have a flexible schedule, low pay and has questionable management. A lot of the people who get promoted should not have been promoted or lack the skills to handle the positions given. It is a constant competition to get promoted. Only those who are willing to suck up to higher-ups will have the chance of promotion. If you choose to disagree with a choice made, you are written off the list of candidates.
Benefits
Cons
Schedules, Micromanagement, Pay, Chance for promotion, negative work environment.
Management is ridiculous
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNAugust 28, 2019
Would not work for them ever again, would not refer anyone to work there.
Mgrs and Seniors are a joke!

The policies change as the managers wants it to and then they ding you because you are not told it had changed.
Unorganized.
I have nothing else to say
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 25, 2019
When I first started working for the company it was okay. As time went on and me being there,a year I started to love my job more & more each day. I’ve been there 7 years,and it has gotten worse.
Don't count on working from home for at least a year or more
Telephone Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medical Call CenterAugust 23, 2019
A typical day at work involved working every weekend (regardless). It might only be a Fri/Sat evening or Sat/Sun dayshift but you are working EVERY weekend. The available hours are evenings, nights, and weekends. They say that you can work from home, but you have to achieve an almost unreal call volume of 4.5 calls an hour. That's less than 15min. a call. Patients deserve quality care and that means attention and time spent listening to their issues - not rushed through the process especially when their condition is being assessed over the phone. The training is not sufficient in that many RNs are only expeienced in certain areas and require more indepth training to adequately handle psych/suicide, OB and neonatal calls. It is definitely a company focused on the bottom line being the dollar! Calls mean money. Maybe the company management should focus on making the patient the priority and keeping promises to employees. Employee loyalty goes a long way in staff retention. It's a big red flag when employees are willing to quit and have to reimburse the company for multi-state licensures just to get out of the stress.
Good compensation, toxic work environment.
Physician Assistant - Emergency Medicine (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 21, 2019
I worked for this company for over a decade. Initially had no complaint. Gradually the company became more and more metric focused and eventually abandoned patient care concerns for metrics. There is a lot of double speak from admin. They give lip service to patient-care and make you do training for many aspects of patient care, but want you to disregard and just go fast.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Bad Work Culture
Nightmare
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44333August 21, 2019
This place was a train wreck to work at. The management was horrible and very unhelpful there was one manager on the floor in particular that we labeled a bully. There training is not very good, it has a lot to be desired. I would recommend steering very clear of this place.
Don’t waste your time
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 21, 2019
Great hours poor pay stressful environment low raises doesn’t not match 401 K managers suck seniors suck whole place SUCKS not worth the headache trust me
Highly recommend
Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2019
I Have had a good experience working with TH. Everyone was very helpful and even when I got injured and needed surgery everything and everyone were there for me to accommodate me. Recover.
Patient Account/Cross Coverage Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 15, 2019
Great company to work for everyone that I worked with is very nice, they give us a lot of good benefits && no issue goes unresolved. It is truly a great place to work.
Team health
EMERGENCY CODING TRAINING PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNAugust 13, 2019
The mamagment is a hands off throw you to figure it out type of group. Not much coaching or enjoyment coming from the mamagment and training team. When an employee is struggling they let them fail.
Attitudes of management
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 3, 2019
I became a manager and was honest and open with the people under me. I educated rather than scolded or chewed them out.

However, management above me would yell at us managers and treat us as though we intentionally did something wrong. So when anyone manages others that way, they cause issues that cost the company more money because this type of problem solving makes workers leave to go to other jobs, leaving a whole which that is filled by newbies that require training which always costs the company more money.
Pros
Can work from home once you reach production
Cons
Tense atmosphere and when when call volume is low, you go into on-call status which you only get paid $1/hr
Medicare Denials Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJuly 31, 2019
I had wonderful supervisors and lead in my department. I truly enjoyed working there and I think it was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there and I learned a lot.
Poor management in lathrop office
Level 3 collector (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJuly 29, 2019
Two supervisors play favorites, watch out if you somehow make one of them mad, one of the supervisors could be heard screaming and slamming things in her office at least twice a week. Job was easy, fair expectations for commission goals. Just never knew what environment you were walking into.
Pros
Fair expectations for commission
Cons
Poor morale
The worst place to work
Correspondence Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 25, 2019
Please Don’t apply , this is the worst place to work for! All of the management have a power trip. They are not professional or organized. And working there is like working at a plantation !
Good workplace culture
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 25, 2019
TeamHealth is a good company to work for I highly recommend it. My position/responsibilities at Teamhealth was to coordinating all necessary provider enrollment applications for billing to various carriers in the states of Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia, and Mississippi and ensuring all applicable documents were sent and received in a timely manner to the authorized signer and preparing / submitting a complete payer application.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeamHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss