Tech Mahindra Employee Reviews

Found 607 reviews matching the search See all 6,130 reviews
flexibility to commute to office.
Sr. System Engineer (U3) (Current Employee) –  DALLAS, TXDecember 11, 2018
Allowed to work remotely whenever is needed. Management is good to cater for individual needs. HR policy is good to reach whenever needed on an individual basis.
It's good to work with TechMahindra but less Pay
Associate Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJDecember 10, 2018
TechM is paying less to employee also i fund management is very poor there is no proper process and guideline. Also sometime manager also not care about your concerns.
Pros
Nothing special in this
Cons
Poor Management
Overall satisfied
Associate Team Lead (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 7, 2018
Overall Satisfied . A good company , but Need to see carrier path forward , hence need to look for more options and hence looking forward for another companies .
An Average Workplace
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 30, 2018
The workplace is loose and not very stressful, management is not the worst but it is also not the best. Traveling is asked of Field Engineers frequently and can be problematic.
Pros
Travel, Flexible Hours
Cons
Travel, Management, Lack of direction
Good Company to work for
Desktop Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 23, 2018
TechMahindra give a great opportunity to grow within the IT Field. I was well paid and was promoted twice. I would love to join them again. I would love to
Pros
Travel, pay
Cons
Management team not backing their employees
Taking Calls
EGL Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessa Itc Mango AveNovember 16, 2018
On the floor we usually get late then the other agents as we have the closing scedules. Unfortunately we cant alwasy get a nice station to take call especially during ramp as they keep on hiring people but they dont have enough resources for their agents.
Excess Requirements to maintain
Desk Side Services Sr. Technician / Lead (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2018
One of the things that this company requires is that you maintain evaluation goals and unrelated training. The customer site already has established training and other requirements. This adds to the demand and takes you outside of support hours. And it seem to be only for for paperwork. Nothing ever becomes as a reward and this has added stress to an already fast pace environment at customer site. I feel this should not apply to employees that support outside of the Tech Mahindra Headquarters.
Favoritism for Indian Nationals
Big Data Consultant (Former Employee) –  USANovember 5, 2018
The middle management favors Indian Nationals. There is a clear teaming up of Indian nationals against US nationals working at Tech M.
Lack of IT processes and training is not present. Team playing is absent, the management encourages off-shore architects to manage projects, hence the American PMs are left to answer undue delays in the project without any reasons.
Resources allocation is done in India, there is a suspicion that the resources are allocated in more than one engagement.
Cultural merger with American ways of doing things is needed for TechM as a company to succeed in the US, which essentially means the management and project execution powers need to be in the US than in India and need to establish a good technology delivery process.

Bottom line the market needs to know that it is a good company for staffing. Has the potential to deliver end to end projects towards fixed bid or time & material project delivery ... not there yet.

The management makes the employees run around for their travel expense

The sales team is good.
Pros
Cutting edge technology at cheap rates
Cons
Lack of project delivery processes
Summary
Tech Associate Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2018
Well, for freshers, I think its good company to start the career. But if yu want to grow then an early changes is highy recommended.

These days its a very stressful and pressurized enviornment is there. Politica is everywhere in each department.
not work long enough to comment
sr oracle dba (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 26, 2018
since i got outsourced so employed by tech m but doing the same work for the original company as contractor, most dealings were with the original company.
Sr QA/ Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2018
Flexible, casual and collaborative atmosphere. Self motivated/directed employees can do well here. The people are fun to be around. This company is growing, changing, and advancing.
Good Company to work with
Sr. System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hinjewadi phase3October 22, 2018
You need to be very lucky to get good peers who can have fun at work.
The hardest part of the job is that you get to work more than what you had expected without any recognition, perks or appraisal.
Pros
Flexible timings
Cons
Bad health life
Pleaseant place to work with
Developer (Former Employee) –  INOctober 2, 2018
Provided an opurtunity to design thecareer

Salary would be less but opportunities provided are more to enhance the skills

Good organization to work with
Good Contracting Company
Global Supply Chain Supplier Developer Assessor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 1, 2018
They provide good contracting services. You are responsible for your position selection and performance. They are supportive and provide good opportunities.
Good place with good benifits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2018
It was a good place to work. Good people, knowledgeable people. I would recommend Tech Mahindra to a friend. They have very high standards regarding core work.
Best company I have ever seen
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  INSeptember 17, 2018
Best company to build your knowledge and get strengthen in my career. Working in that company will improve your social standards and will power. Really the best company for software employees
Night work due to customer request
Nokia Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2018
The job was nighttime cutover due to cell site have a maintenance window for minimum down time . The company covers vehicle, hotel and meals for employees due to excessive off road driving to cover cell sites.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Night work alone
Not a good company to work for
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2018
I would not recommend this vendor; They do not follow through with what is offered originally. Tremendous error on personnel info that results in problems.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
Failure to follow through
Depends on type of client
Designation in Tech M (Current Employee) –  Network ArchitectAugust 28, 2018
If you are in Technical role deployed at client location. Then it all depends on which client you are working with.You will have work culture of client company. I never had a chance to work at Tech Mahindra Americas office.
I was just a Knowledge Transfer Contractor
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2018
Overall, my purpose was to train Tech Mahindra team members in Bangalore to take over my job. That part was acceptable. The job I was performing didn't change from the company that outsourced me. Tech Mahindra had a difficult time administering me as an employee. They didn't realize our team worked holidays, so holiday pay was difficult to secure. Getting accurate overtime pay was a struggle. I really don't know much about the inner workings of Tech Mahindra, because it was understood I was only on a temporary contract. I enjoyed my teammates in Bangalore. I'm not sure enough time was allotted for knowledge transfer, but that is beyond my control. I really can't judge what the workplace culture is at Tech Mahindra because I worked remotely. My time with Tech Mahindra was so brief I really didn't form an overall judgement of it as a company. In the area of my interaction in terms of HR, I found it to be the most daunting aspect of my employment.
Pros
allowed me to be autonomous
Cons
never really felt a part of the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tech Mahindra. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
42.4K
31.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tech Mahindra.

Powered by Comparably