Technica Corporation

Technica Corporation Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
Great place to experience a workplace environment
I enjoyed learning more about the head of each department and their work experience. I would work in a department for a month and then go to a different department. I would do whatever they needed me to do. I enjoyed working with the IT department and working with the COO.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, fun events, field trips
Cons
poor management
Worst company to work for
Management and HR department are not nice. Bias and treating minority people unfairly and not nice. No appreciation or opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Poor and bad management, low pay compare to others
Loyal IT company
When the first contract I was on with Technica ended they kept me on overhead for several years test R&D projects. That was surprising and I really enjoyed working with them. This contract is ending and Technica can't afford to keep me on overhead.
Pros
Loyal, free bagels on Mondays, free lunch last Fri. of every month, Nice holiday parties, decent benefits, lovely work space, near major highways, not in DC
Cons
Lost several contracts, not really a "software shop"
Supportive company that cares about it's employees
Supportive company that cares about it's employees. Provides resources and a support team that help you grow professionally. Flexible work hours and telecommuting allowed.
Offered free coffee in the mini-Kitchens
Two owners don't like each other but are bound together in the business and it flows into too much of the weekly interactions.

There are many great, talented people at Technica.
Pros
Free coffee in kitchen, exercise facility on premise.
Cons
Engineering leadership.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great!
Guide implementation of IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems.
Coordinate maintenance and operational actions directly with Staff, Operation Teams and Operations Chief Officer.
okay place
okay place to work. good owner but not sure about the future of this company long term for employees. Its a homely place and family oriented which was good.
Nice Place BUT!!
The people I work with are top notch. We work well together and get the job done in a timely. Manner. My only concern about Technica is that your job may end with no warning.
Technica
Technica won the contract that I was working on. The transition from one company to another was a smooth process. There was no lapse and time and the HR department worked with me to ensure that my benefits mirrored my last position. I enjoyed working with the Technica team while I was employed with my previous employer so to transition to the team of highly trained engineers was great.
Pros
A variety of skillsets, so your knowledge base will grow if you put forth an effort
Cons
You may moved from your job to ensure the customer and the contract are adequately supported
Small Company Minimal Upward Mobility
Technica is a smaller company with minimal upward mobility. Executive Management likes to personally manage even the smallest of projects.The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my teammates as they are very bright and are capable great things.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Technica Corporation?
Good Company
A nice place to jumpstart your professional career as an entry level employee.
Productive and very relaxed atmosphere. Co-workers are great.
Productive and very relaxed atmosphere. Co-workers are great.
Technica was a place of growth
Technica was a small place to work at with little room for growth/advancement. Overall, benefits, salary and work environment were above satisfactory. The best part was that I was able to grow in my career and as a person with knowledge and experience.

A typical day at work was hands off management which I love. I learned more telecommunications/networking experience. I definitely was given an opportunity to add skills to my resume. Management was ok. Almost as if their hands were tied as far as advancement/promotions due to the company operating on specific contracts and specific skill sets are needed to change/move between job duties. The hardest part of the job was that Technica relies heavily on certifications and time to study and take these certifications on my own was lacking due to my job duties at hand as well as my personal life being a single Dad with two kids to tend to. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. Great people and due to the size of the company everyone was a little closer to each other.
Pros
availabilty to better ones self with training, co-workers
Cons
management, room for advancement