Technical Needs Employee Reviews

Careful!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, nhOctober 8, 2018
Was placed in a company with a verbally abusive supervisor with rage issues (swearing at people and kicking chairs and desks). The Job recruiter was informed, but things got worse until I finally quit. Turns out that the supervisor and the Job recruiter were living together. I would call that a conflict of interest and certainly a breach of trust.
Pros
Other recruiters were very nice.
Cons
A betrayal of trust.
October 10, 2018

After reading your review and your experience working at one of our Client's, I would like to reach out and ask that you contact us so that we can further investigate what you described. Please contact Allison Sullivan Vice President of Operations at 603-898-3000. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Good company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 26, 2017
Good company and good people recruiting just wasn't for me. The most enjoyable part of my job was finding and placing jobs for people who needed them.
October 10, 2018

Thank you for the review. We understand that Recruiting isn't for everyone but glad that you enjoyed working for Tech Needs while you figured that out. We hope that you were able to find a position that is better suited for you.

Found a great job through Tech Needs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 17, 2017
They found me a great job at a time when I was struggling to find opportunities on my own. I spoke with them about a few different positions, and found a good temp to hire position with a medical company. I was hired direct last year and still there!
Pros
Friendly recruiter, good communication
October 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. What you described as your experience is what we strive for with every job opening, every applicant, every employee. Please help us to continue our success by referring great people like you.

small family owned company
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 16, 2016
The hardest part of the job was getting over the learning curve of no training. A typical day consist of making 50 plus calls a day and finding candidates for the open opportunities.
October 10, 2018

Our training process outlines the workflow, the tools, the expectations, and outlines how to be a successful recruiter on our team. Unfortunately not everyone is able to pick up the extensive variety of skill sets, job descriptions, and Client products or services due to how diverse they are.
We strive to fill out job openings as effectively and efficiently for our Client's. Phone calls and conversation are essential to being sucessful in the Recruiting field.

Provided a okay jobs
Gentex, Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAOctober 6, 2016
It was temp agency that was not to reliable. It gave me some great experiences in the electronics field. It was a okay agency
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Need more long term contracts
October 11, 2018

We would like to know more about how you concluded Tech Needs is not reliable. You suggested we provided you experience in the electronics field; hopefully, you have been able to expand your skills and continue to build your resume. Looking at your location being South Boston, admittedly we do not have many opportunities below 128 near the city. New Hampshire, Metro West, Northshore, and the Merrimack Valley area is where the majority of our job opportunities are located.

All care about is how much make off you
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  NHSeptember 2, 2016
All they care about is how much money they will make off of you. You tell them you want a certain wage they go and put you in for less with an employer then get mad when you say no cause less money. Timecards are a pain on paper not electronic like other places.
Pros
Cons
not trustworthy
October 10, 2018

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. The majority of our Clien'ts offer a pay range for each job based on the applicant's experience. During the interview process, we often have applican'ts requesting a higher wage after learning more about the job. On the other hand, we do have some Client Hiring Managers determine the applicant's skill set is not as expected to meet the job requirements and will offer a lesser rate to offset the cost to train.

We allow our Client Companies to determine the time reporting process that works for them. We have offered online time reporting since 2014; your assignment was with a company who prefered paper time cards.

Factory
Wendeller (Former Employee) –  Newport, NHAugust 31, 2016
No room for advancement, was told they had gone through 130+ people for my position just this year. was originally forced to work a mandatory 5 hours overtime which i wanted more but if you werent looking for that so you can balance your work and life schedual this is not the place for you. Job Culture is a factory setting very tedious, repetitive, and very boring.
Pros
2 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch
Cons
Lack of ability to advance or switch positions
Good place to start a career in Recruiting
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHAugust 7, 2015
A good place to work for someone who wants to learn about Recruiting business.But you have to be able to work independently - no held hands by Seniors or Management. Minimal training would be provided for entry-level Recruiters/Sales.
Performance is measured by work-ethic, professionalism and loyalty - it's not all about numbers, though every individuals will be measured differently as well.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, management have good understanding of how important family is for some people.
Cons
Very bad commission structure.
Beware of misleading ads
client (Former Employee) –  Salem and PortsmouthJanuary 8, 2015
Tech needs has a history of posting descriptions for jobs that don't match the actual job you're being hired for.
According to an ad I responded to that tech needs placed, I was supposed to be hired to do shipping/receiving and QC. I didn't find out, until my first day on the job, that the actual job was nothing more then data entry.
October 10, 2018

Our job ads come right out of our internal tracking system. We do not post jobs online that are not real requests from our client companies.

We encourage the interview process so that our employee's and client's can meet face to face to ensure everyone's questions are answered and expectations of the assignment are clearly defined. There is a right fit for everyone, and once you are placed on assignment we encourage your feedback.

great company to work for
process engineering (Former Employee) –  salem nhSeptember 5, 2014
For a temp agency they always matched me up perfect with the best companies
Pros
great pay
Cons
temp agency
Temp agency
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHAugust 17, 2014
General laborer with contracted position. This is a temp agency that has provided contract work. To perform duties in general fields.
Pros
local jobs
Cons
contract work
manufacturing
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 19, 2014
i did not have much dealings with technical needs as they are a temp agency however i did get a good job through them.
This is a temp agency
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 10, 2014
Unable to give a fiarireview because I didn't work directly for them. They did however find me positions promptly and they were always a good fit with appropriate pay
Pros
Quick placement
Cons
Gaps between positions
I would not recommend
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 16, 2013
I found the the management very old school. The commission package was terrible, the base pay was okay.
The entire culture was not set-up for someone with a technical recruiting background to succeed.
Pros
no email access from home so you are not expected to work
Cons
poor commission plan, limited management support
fun place to work
Customer Service Support - Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 5, 2013
no real room for growth//
hardest part of the job answering phones for 8 hours a day
most enjoyable met some good people.
Pros
free coffee and water
Cons
no room for growth
Recruiter
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 19, 2013
The life of a recruiter brings you to call everyone that is looking for a job in the areas of manufacturing, warehouse, engineering, and administrative positions. Again the best part of the day was finding someone a position that was recently out of work. The hardest part of the position was at first learning the different skill sets to search for to find a resume that will have the positions you were recruiting for.
Pros
learned a lot about the recruiting process
Cons
no room for advancement
good place to work
set-up person (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 19, 2012
my typical day at work was very busy. I was the only set-up person on second shift for two machines. co-workers were good.
Pros
second shift was small, so we were like family
Cons
no healthcare
Good agency to work for/with
Elect Assembler/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 26, 2012
I have temped with Techincal Needs a few times and have had relatively good experiences with them.
I have had the same recruiter for all my assignments and am happy with the amount of contact I have had with him.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Technical Needs. Our community is ready to answer.