TECHNICAL SERVICES Employee Reviews

Vxi
Mobility Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 9, 2018
As an MSM I spend most of my day researching issues. If I have no engagements then it is only downtime. Policies are sometimes followed but not evenly. Favoritism is a big problem.
Great place to work with
Manufacturing Engineer/Process Engineering (Former Employee) –  10565 SW Nimbus Ave, Tigard OR 97223February 25, 2018
Everything were great until the product line move out of the country. This is a business decision and so, there is nothing to complaint about that.
The peoples there are nice, hard working and very close together. The management team do care about their employees and take good care of the employees. We all learn together on daily basic and is happy to be part of the company.
Pros
Potluck and free lunch once in a while
Cons
Quick exercise during break time and is helpful
Relaxed job for Students
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJanuary 13, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of checking if books were available in the library and organizing the books. I learned the background work of how to keep the books organized and the management there was great. The work environment was very quiet and the work was very easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was how easy it is to get your work done in a short amount of time.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Dusty books
SEKLS work experience
Secretary to the assistant director (Former Employee) –  KansasDecember 20, 2017
It was this job that inspired me to pursue a degree in Library Science, as this part time job gave me a taste of the professional world of library science. For someone interested in learning something new this is the type work to be in. You are always learning new things, as well as assisting others in doing the same. It is a very rewarding field of work.
Pros
Good place to get a taste of the professional world of library science.
Cons
This particular job was a low level job and therefore did not pay a lot.
Northrop Grumman is a great Companyh
Project Management, Northrop Grumman (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 4, 2017
Northrop Grumman emphasizes integrity and top client service. The management structure is very good and a corporate presence is felt at all locations. They have embraced Agile methodology and are continually trying to improve processes.
Great learning bad way of ruining business
Automotive Engineer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, INOctober 23, 2017
you can learn more than you ever thought here there is a lot of knowledge to pass around and you don't want to pass up the experience but can be stressful at times.
Pros
free linch and breakfast
Cons
the owner can get annoying
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 17, 2017
Fast paced- never bored and always learning with a great customer data base. Able to multitask and open to learning new things a must. Building great relationships with customers.
Great, part-time, school job
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2017
Friendly environment that allowed time for homework and studying during some work days. Occasionally we would get free lunches from the kitchen since they would make extra food after the athletes were fed.
Great place to work with great people
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Management was always very accommodating and understanding of external situations that arose. They pay you what you are worth and are appreciative of the work you do.
stressful
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WASeptember 13, 2017
I liked my position at Technical Services, but the management did not want to improve. They were stuck in the mindset that "this is the way we've always done it" and didn't want to move forward.
Another good company
Illustrator, Cardboard Modeler and Designer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 4, 2017
The work at Technical services was challenging and fulfilling, personally I did more hands on work with illustrations and with cardboard modeling, these two elements I found to be most satisfying.
Pros
Interesting and satisfying work
Cons
Not paid enough
Same company different position
Technical support for nationwide customer base (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhAugust 12, 2017
Phone support helping customers with their problems. Maintain and run the internal repair lab. Generate RMA documentation and repair returned systems.
Pros
mostly simple problems
Cons
lack of repair parts
Excellent place to work, made many great fiends, professionally very sastifying
Director Technical Services (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2017
Greatly enjoyed the relationships and the professional growth I experienced. I was allowed the freedom to pursue challenging research and development projects with emphasis on creating value in alignment with long term corporate strategies.
Pros
People
Cons
ecomomic cycles
Great place to work.
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, INJune 30, 2017
On a normal day I answer phones, consult with customers and vendors, handle the billing and invoicing. It's very laid back and enjoyable place to work.
Horrible management
HVAC, Refrigeration, Food service equipment (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 10, 2017
Did my job as well as others. The management was a total waste of oxygen. Very angry boss all the time. THe atmosphere was detremental and never got any better. The company could care less about family time. Busted my butt for them to get crapped on at every chance
TSI Services
Sales & Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 10, 2017
Good company to work for, good work life balance, was offered a position to open up new store in Ellenton, unfortunately, customer base did not work out.
awesome
Brunswick mechanic (Current Employee) –  VermontApril 23, 2017
family owned so there is no openings. We just work on bowling machines. It is a great career and I think that bowling is a great fun family activity to enjoy
Pros
awesome
good place to work
Planner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2017
the people were wonderful and each day was a learning experience
I got this job at Bausch and Lomb after I was downsized from three other departments when Bausch & Lomb purchased the business from Storz Instruments. I had to leave by medical retirement after being off for a year after having bilateral hip replacements.
Pros
Great company and great people
Cons
I had to leave because of health. Very far from home
good place to work, but don't expect good pay or a way to move up
Automated Machinery Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMarch 22, 2017
It is what it is. You get paid decent, but not what you deserve, and you can basically come and go as you please as long as you get your work done. bad benefits. practically no oversight. where will the company be in 5 years? exactly were it is, and so will you.
Pros
friendly people. relaxed work schedule.
Cons
bad pay and benefits. no way to move up.
Principal Chemist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
As a principal Chemist in Technical Services my responsibility was to support our customers, our sales reps and our distributors throughout USA, Latin America and the Caribbean. I was responsible for the Food Industry and maintenance chemicals. Maintained the required documentation for Food Safety, the USDA required literature, performed on-site safety inspections, wrote HACCP food safety documents to comply with USDA requirement, Performed on-site food safety and sanitation inspections for customers, recommended product to improve sanitation procedures. Wrote FSMA documents for our sanitation products. Presented sales documents to our distributors in support of their sales efforts. Answered field questions, via phones, email and/or inquires during site visits.
Pros
Great interactive position, working with international and out field sales representatives.
Cons
Limitted job mobility within the department.