Technicolor Employee Reviews

Found 1,138 reviews matching the search See all 1,497 reviews
Productive and goal oriented
Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
Everyone at Postworks seems to be enjoying themselves while also being extremely focused on what is necessary. They are goal-oriented from the top down, and that comes from the leadership.
a good work place enviroment
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2018
technicolor was a good place of employment .it's just was not a guaranteed place of employment. we had to stand in long lines at a time just to get picked for the job everyday.
se trabaja bien pero paga mui poco
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35805November 10, 2018
el trabajo es comodo y trankilo pero cansado por que son 12 horas
Pros
puedes ir o ausentarte cndo kieras y no te botan
Cons
pagan demasiado poco
Job security
Billing Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 9, 2018
Technicolor is a great company with competitive pay and technological advancement. A lot of room for growth within the company and great benefits. And a great culture.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
relocated
They sold out our location to Mexico
Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 7, 2018
Great people worked there when the location was open. Learned a lot and the teams took great pride in their work. they had heavy volume at the time I was there.
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  laverne, TNNovember 4, 2018
normal day is fun and slow pace. what I have learned from the people that I worked for was that to make sure that you watch you job and know and that management will have you back at all times. I can say that most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people with new cultures that I have never known before.
Pros
friendships that I have made.
Cons
My job was to lock up some that broke the law.
Productivity fast pace environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2018
Productivity fast pace environment and Is a lot to learn dealing with assembly lines and other machines. Plus technicolor has various companies and the Memphis Tennessee area.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Short lunch break & Breaks
Terrible politics in the Connected Home Business
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 28, 2018
Bad management results in cutting employees. No accountability of management in the decisions that they make. Was once a decent place to work, but most work in the Connected Home Business is being outsourced.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Politics, Politics, Politics, lack of accountability, lack of real planning
Summary
Inventory Accounting (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38118October 24, 2018
Employee treatment is inconsistent.
There are Clicks in all the professional areas.
Long term Operational employees take forever to get promoted.
Pay is good.
Stress is Extreme unless you are in the Golden Crowd.
Was cool to work there until I moved
Material Handler/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 24, 2018
I did the material handling at Techni Color for 6 years. I liked working there until a business opportunity arose for me In Florida and I had to leave.
Technicolor
OFFICE/HOSPITALITY MANGER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 23, 2018
This was a great in-between place to work while I was trying to advance. I was hoping that I would had been able to move up at technicolor, but movement form the position I was in was slim for any advancement.
Pros
People are friendly, and great benifits
Cons
not a lot of loyalty
Technicolor
KVD Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
I worked at Technicolor for about three months. It wasn’t the best job, but it was very work. I worked at Technicolor just to keep some money coming in until I found a better job! I did learn how to operate a KVD machine while I was there! I got to see first hand how dvds are put into the cases with the inserts, title pages, etc..
employees
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 11, 2018
prison without barbwire, they bus in prisoners to work their, pay is so low people don't want to work, if u can walk they hire you. they prefer to hire prisoners, and temp workers. they even give them more hours than their full time employees. they hire illegals and felons.
Pros
Cons
no chance for promotion for full time employees
A dying industry
Security and systems architect (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 9, 2018
Technicolor connected home is serving the needs of cable operators. With the rapid increase in cord cutters, this business is doomed. Technicolor has not been very good at adapting to the changing market place.
Pros
good benefits, competitive pay
Cons
orders for our products are drying up.
enjoyable place to work, pay needs to be higher, need to give full hour steadily
Line member/Team lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 7, 2018
athough Technicolor was a stressful job, it was enjoyable. You didn't have to come everyday as schedule if you were a temporary employee. The work for the most part was easy, fast paced and some some slow pace depending what line you were on. If you are not able to handled a certain spot on the line they would find you an area that you were comfortable at.
Have worked here more than once. I enjoy the flexibility of the job at technicolor.
Pros
flexibility, fast paced and slow pace. work is easy
Cons
long time to be on the line, need to have steady hours
More Organized before Buyout
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Olyphant, PAOctober 2, 2018
When it was Cinram, there was structure and always room to grow within the company. I've learned a great deal of accounting which I had no background in and I was able to enhance my programming skills utilizing Visual Basic through Excel to enhance the job. From there I was able to further my Oracle/SQL/Unix skills by transitioning to IT. The hardest part was the buyout and the transition into Technicolor. The plan was to close the plant, but because of lack of communication throughout the entire process, we've been extended another year, with our most experienced employees already let go. The most enjoyable part is the people that I have had the opportunity to work with over the past 13 years. They've encouraged me to learn and grow within the company. I'm hoping to find another team as intelligent and as enjoyable to work with.
Pros
The People
Cons
Lack of communication for our facility
Great company to work for.
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Nevada City, CASeptember 30, 2018
The company invests in the growth of its employees. It makes sure that employees are equipped with the tools that they need to do the job. The intellectual acumen makes it a fun place to work.
Good
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 29, 2018
Working with people at this place very good hard working always on time people was good to me never wanna mad at all smiles all the time easy work with people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
My Typical Day at Work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2018
Many of the employees were not looking for long term jobs or tenure, and many are young with no career focus. Therefore managers have do a lot "baby sitting" to get anything accomplished.
Pros
It's does offer the opportunity to learned from younger generations
Cons
Managers/leads have to continuously work with Associates with every task (lot of stress)
Difficult environment
VP, COO, IP Licensing and Litigation (Former Employee) –  ParisSeptember 26, 2018
Challenging environment in which to be productive. Company valuation under pressure, so many changes have been required including divesting businesses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Technicolor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight