Technip Employee Reviews

Found 375 reviews matching the search See all 1,217 reviews
Great company to work for
Superintendent of Construction (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
These guys were great to work for however travel was required 100% of the time. I was able to learn great supervision skills from management. I enjoyed the group of folks I was working for.
Pros
advanvement within
Cons
travel
Ok
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2018
Definitely favorites. No appreciation for work performance.
Great benefits. On site gym, dental office. Trucks get broken into here. Security is really poor.
benefits
Cons
security
Great place to work, long hours most the time
Applications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HouistonJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work. Mid and upper management change forced me out. I would still be there if it were not for that. I loved the work and the high energy of the daily activity's meeting the deadlines and producing top quality products in a safe manor. Making the products from the ground up and seeing everything go together for a finished product is very rewarding.
Pros
Good pepole
Cons
Work all the time
Good culture
Tax Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
Pleasant place to work, good base salary, chance to interact with people from different countries, good work life balance, 9/80 work schedule and you actually were able to take every other Friday off.
Pros
salary, work schedule, OK management, international exposure
Cons
worked short handed
Productive and friently atmosphere
Executive Assistant to President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2018
Keep my boss up to date on daily activities. Made travel arrangements. Typed reports, helped with presentations. Made arrangements for client outings and conferences.
Awful culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
The company has not integrated well after the merger. French culture is a hindrance. Management does not care about the employees in general. It is the worst employer I have ever seen.
productive fast pace good people
Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2018
great company too work for learn a lot of useful information good training schedule is good and flexible management is good will help you with anything.
Just a good place to be and work in general
HSE Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Czech RepublicJune 5, 2018
It's nice in morning we all enjoy coffee. After we all do our duties and enjoy lunch, also together. We all behave like family and help each other grow. Management is very involved and always ready to help and guide. Best part is that i'm always supported in my day to day decisions at work but, also, that attention is drawn when i make mistake, in a manner that make you learn from and not feel guilty and bad about it.
Pros
to be part of such good team
Cons
too many working hours.
Much Work, Little Play
Offshore Storeman - Technip UK LTD. (Current Employee) –  OffshoreJune 3, 2018
Offshore workers had great office support at one time. Now the office wants to dictate to the workers what will be. Upper management does not have the big picture. Office managers are painting a different picture for upper management.
Poor management
S-Lay & LCV Subsea Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
Job culture and the management was not quite pleasant .
Not a friendly work environment.
Poor training. Poor management. Poor team communication.
Poor culture.
The company is well organized
Senior Instrumentation Designer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 22, 2018
Technip was one of the best places I have ever worked for. Company standards were good and accessible. Reference documents were well organized. The company intranet was user friendly.
Didn't learn as much as I wanted to
Process Clerk (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAMay 21, 2018
I joined the job to get some experience, but the work I was given was not really helpful in that regard. I wanted to be more involved in projects, but they either expected me to know things that I could not have known about from my experience and schooling, or they would give me overly simple tasks, and sometimes no tasks at all
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Not very nurturing
Engineering Field Liaison (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
Enjoyed my 13 years with Technip. Was pleased with the working relationship within the company for promoting job completion. Benifits were on par with other engineering companies of Technip's size.
Pros
People
Cons
Work load
non stressful environment
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Convenient commute, 9/80 schedule is ideal for today's busy environment. I was able to learn more about the Accounting process. Management was easy to talk to. Upper management should be more organized. Hardest part of the job was communication between departments. The most enjoyable part was the 9/80 schedule.
9/80 Work Schedule
Training & Competency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Technip has a 9/80 work schedule which allows you to have every other Friday off. Also, they allow flexible hours, which is a plus. I learned a lot regarding Training & Competency for offshore personnel, which gave me the advantage to be employed by another company after being laid off.
Pros
9/80 Work Schedule
Cons
Not a hard place to work at.
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
I have been a temp for about a year and there is no commitment of hiring me or any other temp in the next few mouths. The location I'm at is in the process of closing so we are not sure if we are going to the other location or being let go.
It is a great place to work.
Medic/HSE (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 12, 2018
It is in the Oil industry so when we have work it is great but when it is slow you worry about the next job. The management will work with you and keep you in the loop about what is going on.
Great Company Culture
Supplier Qualification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
This was my 1st corporate job after I graduated college. I really enjoyed the culture this company promoted and the responsibilities my position entailed. I would definitely recommend Technip.
The Merger Killed This Job
QUALITY CONTROL (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2018
Ever since the merger with FMC, this has turned into a place not to work.All the new management treat employees like numbers that need to be reduced constantly. There is always a cloud of uncertainty every time you come to work if your job will be there.
Challenging, Great front line employees
Subsea Coating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
Technip has some great people working for them. Projects were truly run as a team. Gained great experience with regards to subsea coatings. Really enjoyed working with the different project teams.