TechnipFMC Employee Reviews

Found 524 reviews matching the search See all 1,531 reviews
no upside
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN III (Current Employee) –  houston, txFebruary 6, 2019
overran by middle management, rampant nepotism, underpaid with no work/life balance.

no cost of living adjustment...one raise of 2% in 6 years. no bonuses.

disregard for fatigue policy and HR policy on paid time off is laughable
Underwhelming
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Never felt accomplished after making the same part 20000 times. Most unfulfilled job I have ever had but also the easiest job I have ever had. 12 hours with a machine is a no go for me.
Productive fun place to work
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
My day was typically spent in a cubicle
I learned to improve my skills
Culture was good
Hardest part of the job was the cubicle
Most enjoyable was the design work
Room for Advancement
Assembler/Technician/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Company is very comprehensive of schedules and will push to get projects complete. It is a very small company and will give you many opportunities to move up.
Pros
many opportunities to grow
Cons
too much work for small team
Great working environment with awesome people to work with.
Project Manager Subsea Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2019
TechnipFMC is a great place to work with plenty of opportunity to advance in your career. The motivation and drive for training and education is second to none and you won't find a better group of people to work with and for.
Good benefits
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 27, 2019
Decent company to work for. Employee benefits are good. Company culture all depends on the location for which you work. Corporate offices go all out when celebrating certain days, yet other locations are given a small dollar value to spend per person.
Systems Administrator & Vessel Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Good company to work for and learn new things. I was able to work in a good environment and be tasked with new things each day which provided me with the skills to advance.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No cons to discuss
Great people and environment.
Project Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Great working environment, good people and overall relaxed working environment. We have a flexible work hours and every other Friday off. On site gym is another great perk.
Relaxed environment
ASSEMBLY AND TEST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
FMC was a great place to work until the merger. Our dept is going overseas so I will be unemployed by April if I don't find another job. I learned a lot from this job and will carry it to my future career.
Principal Mechanical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
This is a productive place to work & always have opportunity to learn new technical skills.
It is a friendly environment to work for and with reasonable work load.
Pros
Free Gym
Corporate and cultured
Global Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Working at TechnipFMC has exposed me to many different cultures and has opened me up to learn new things.
I attend Toast Master meetings to improve my public speaking skills. I also attend meetings with a group called BOLD (Black Organization for Leadership and Development). This group teaches leadership skills and to network with other teams.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Growth is not promoted by managers
I love my job.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Blairsville, PAJanuary 11, 2019
TECHNIPFMC is a fair and friendly employer. I have never had a better job. It is a fast pace industry but I really enjoy that. We all work together as a team.
FMC technologies was so much better than TECHNIPFMC
Lead Technician III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
No advancement at all, company has clicks and if your not in the right group you have to watch out constantly. Hours are decent but pay is no competitive, FMC is known for being the college of subsea
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Everything else is bad
Changed over time - not for the better
Stagnant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2018
sad decline of what was once special

leadership has changed for the worst

does not value people

9/80s are nice benefit

leadership will cut your throat to get an extra $5 bonus
Safe environment
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXDecember 14, 2018
Professional and safe working environment, had a 30 minute safety meeting prior to each shift, to summarize our goal for the week. Also, we discussed new parts and procedures for upcoming blueprints that would come our machines provided by the mechanical engineers so we could produce them safely and create the best product in the Offield.
Pros
Safety competitive
Cons
Poor communication among managers
In Transition
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
With the recent merger of Technip and FMC Technologies, many aspects of the company have shifted and continue to shift two years later. For engineers or those with engineering background TechnipFMC is ideal place to learn and advance. However, for other groups job advancement/career path is less defined. Since beginning my career at FMC, a lot has changed. The shift from employee/family driven company to large enterprise is apparent. Not bad or good, just different.
N/a
Supervising Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
Very good experience at working at TechnipFMC. Worked more than 11 years.

Worked as a Senior Supervising Process Engineer for development of detailed engineering and FEED process design package for Methanol/PE unit.

Worked as an area lead engineer for development of detail engineering package for ethylene plant.

Worked as a Lead Process Engineer for refinery projects providing basic and FEED services. Worked on several FCC unit licensed by Shaw and UOP to develop Extended Basic Engineering Package (eBEP) and FEED package which includes converter section, gas plant and propylene recovery section

Experienced in Fluidized Catalytic Cracking Technologies like FCC/RFCC/DCC and Converter Area (Reactor-Regenerator) hardware like FEED Injection Technology, Riser, Riser Termination Devices (RSS), Cyclone, Steam Ring, Combustion Air Ring, Catalyst Stand Pipe, Catalyst Distributer Bath Tube, Slide/Plugs Valve systems, Orifice chamber and Catalyst Cooler.
Teamwork was ok
Electrical Superintendent Commissoning (Former Employee) –  OkpoDecember 5, 2018
All in all it was a pleasure to work with them.
No problem for leave schedule .
Housing has been provided, car also and contact with Perth office was perfect.
Pros
Rotation 2 months 2 weeks
Cons
Na
Average place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
I didn't spend much time with Technip. I started there, but the job that I thought I was going to be doing, ended up being less than desired. I didn't feel like I was a good fit for that particular team.
Overall a good company but need a stronger leadership to manage the merger.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2018
Overall a good company but need a stronger leadership to manage the merger. Has been difficult ever since the merger. Good benefits and great 401K plan.