TechniPower, Inc. Employee Reviews

Technipower
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 18, 2017
Very friendly and very good business atmosphere. Easy to conduct sales and easy to work with management. The people were professional and the synergy in the company was top notch
Good Starter company
Sales Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 1, 2017
Good Company to start with. They have good training. Pay is not that great. Recruiters work more for management than they do the sales people. Hard to fill your jobs when recruiters aren't working for you. Also, you are not allowed to recruit for your own jobs.
Salespeople only find new or existing companies.
Pros
training
Cons
pay, no team work from recruiters
Good atmosphere to work in
Electronic Technician III (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 5, 2017
Company was purchased by unipower and many layoffs occurred. Then they dissolved the business.
Unipower was located in a different state and mostly had work done from overseas.
Lots of young adults
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Young adults can learn a lot about engineering as an employee. Work involves a great deal of phone and computer skills. An employee must be able to build relationships and negotiate, by phone, with engineering managers within assigned territories.
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Territory Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working with TechniPower. My coworkers became like family and the CEO cared for his team. There is room for advancement and upon leaving, I sent a number of people to TechniPower to get their start in a phone based sales environment with National exposure. Good company with excellent management.
Pros
Decent base pay and company culture. There's a Gong.
Cons
Most of Mgrs are great. Some, should go
Turnover
Sales Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 30, 2016
This job has a lot of turnover. No stability.
They have a lot of growing struggles.

Compensation is below average. They show a lot of favoritism with managers filling jobs. Not new people.
Managers jobs are put on a higher level than sales people.
Hard to make commissions.
Pros
Most people are nice. A lot of phone calls. Training is good.
Cons
No Stability. Favoritism. Very clicky group of people.
n/a
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2016
A great temp company to work for, this company helped me find a great job doing CAD Drawings.
My recruiter was a very nice person.
great place to work
Structural Drafter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working their. Great group of people, very friendly and very knowledgeable.
The management is very helpful and encouraging.
Not a bad company to contract with if you desperately need short term work
Contract Mechanical Design Engineer/ Drafter (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMay 26, 2016
TechniPower (TP) had been trying to snatch me up for months, and offered me a generous hourly rate with per diem, before I finally caved in and accepted the offer. They gave me another month to finish my current permanent position and relocate 400 miles (or 3 hours closer to my house). IMPORTANT: You must provide your own health care coverage for the initial 3 months, which was a fiasco in itself trying to drop Marketplace BCBS Silver insurance coverage after only 10 weeks. After 3 months of work at TP client's plant, I was eligible for TP's BCBS of GA health insurance, plus paid holidays. Those parts were all good, though I never took advantage of the health insurance the whole time. All reports of my performance and reviews were positive, according to both sides of management (TP & Client)

Unfortunately, after 7.5 months, the client started running dry on work flow. And my initial 6 month lease on a small apartment nearby was now month-to-month, and it was time for me to move to a more permanent residence near the job. I pressed management on both sides about whether I'd be safe to consider myself permanent. Weeks went by, and I had to meet landlord deadlines so I signed another short term lease for a nearby home and started moving again. Three days later the client informed me my contract is terminated. Though they used typical "canned" excuses to cover their "assets", real reason was lack of incoming projects, due to sales team medical issues, slowing economy, time of year, etc.

TP has since not found any engineering work near either of my homes, so here I sit with
  more... no income or job prospects, renting a house, while my own house an hour away is rented to others.  less
Pros
Generous Pay & per diem, Patience with relocation
Cons
Traded a permanent job for a Temp-perm job that never went perm, No next assignment unless I move again, Do-it-yourself healthcare insurance, HR is barely knowledgeable about health insurance
Working off the phone
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
High Turnover but can make sales if you stick around and trust the system. Staffing company. It is pretty straightforward.
Great job with finding contract work
EPC Project Scheduler (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2016
The staff is nice and helpful. They found a contract job for me. It's not their fault the actual company was filled with deceit and ill-will.
Pros
Great Staff
Great Company/Great People
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rosewell, GAJanuary 27, 2016
TechniPower has amazing leadership and co-workers. Sales people do great here.Day to day is always different. You have to be able to pick up the phone and make a lot calls everyday and get comfortable with hearing clients decline services but networking and researching the best clients will land you get great business. The hardest part is getting through the training curve but after that you can be as successful as you want to be.
Pros
Great friendly people
Great job but didnt lead to FT
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Georgia, USAJune 29, 2015
God agency to work for but has low tech when it comes to payroll. You have to fill out a sheet and submit weekly. I would work for them again
Pros
money
Cons
tech
contract work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2015
Typical contract work. The agency fills a temporary position and collects their profits but has no interest in the next assignment.
Assigned to MAC Medical in Belleville, IL
Contract Sr. Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Assigned to their client in Belleville, ILMay 3, 2015
I am a contract senior technical writer working for TechniPower and assigned to a manufacturer of medical equipment. Lack of communication and support between management and employees. There was no guidelines given for type of technical content to be written and no style guide to follow.
Pros
Office close to home - 4.1 miles
Cons
Lack of communication between employees and management
The lead technical writer and editor was very knowledgeable.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Communication deliverables focused on localized products for global markets, so a business decision was made to turn over technical writing and editing to translators.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Very long commute.
Great Place to work
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 6, 2015
great placed to work. management will teach you what you need to know. great environment. great owner. just an overall great exp. wish I didn't leave
Pros
stability, management, culture, commission
Cons
starting base salary
Great work environment lots of fun
Office Manager / Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaOctober 24, 2014
a lot of customer relations and public relations. high energy and great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches and comfortable environment
Cons
TechniPower is a excellent staffing company who fits you with right job!
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2014
I had a wonderful experience with TechniPower. They are a recruiting company from Georgia.
They found me the best job....
The fit was perfect.
No qualms if you did not submit your time card on time.
I worked for a company that was located in Germany. Not very easy to do when there is a six hour time difference. TechniPower made it easy for you. Never bothering you while on the job.
I can honestly say since I have been doing contract work that this company will staff you in a job that will be a great fit for you and the employer.
Driven
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
Managed a team over three while deployed over responsible. Responsible for over 2 million dollars worth of equipment. Coach and mentored each member of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TechniPower, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.