TechTarget Employee Reviews

Horrible experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 8, 2019
This place is miserable . You will wish that you were never born once you experience the culture and and are exposed to this cancerous environment. God bless anyone Naive enough to drink the kool-aid. Also the pay is trash.
Cons
Company needs better internal focus
Editorial Director, Storage Media Group (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 11, 2019
There is a disconnect between its "lead generation/priority engine" message and its original core focus of an online publishing company. There were a lot of false steps on company strategy in recent years, followed by a confusing reorg at the start of 2019.
Struggling with an identity crisis
Editor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 7, 2019
Always been a decent place to work. Multiple re-orgs have taken place in recent years, and have had a tangible effect on the day-to-day work environment and culture. Moving away from being a media organization to a "purchase intent" company.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 15, 2018
Good place for work/Life Balance
Company Culture is great. The company values in promoted within which gives a lot of opportunities for career growth
Overall is great company to work
Boring and easy job
Audience Recruitment Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 22, 2018
In my role at TechTarget, I was responsible for calling into site members on a daily basis. The daily goal was to reach call 125 people a day. The average day probably saw 10 people being contacted. Out of those, maybe three would like to talk to you. This work could be completed in probably four hours if you did it non-stop. I was constantly struggling to fill my day with things to do and wondering why I had to sit at my desk until 5pm everyday doing nothing. I couldn't like off the base-salary and it was nearly impossible to make a commission that could balance out the low salary. Not to mention commission only comes once every three months. Part of the sales TechTarget generates are based on QSOs - which my team was responsible for uncovering. I feel like the members of this team are drastically undervalued, being that they provide the company with the sellable material they provide to clients. It is tedious, boring, monotonous work that was marketed completely different during the training and interview process.
Pros
open leave policy
Cons
salary, inability to advance in role
Excellent company, Cutting edge products
N/A (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 24, 2018
I have been at TechTarget for almost 3 years and have been very happy here. The culture is fantastic and management is great. A good portion of the management team started their careers here and have moved up, which is always great to see. They are passionate about the work they do, which trickles down.

Remodeled office- really looks like a tech company and you can tell the company values its employees.

Definitely a sales driven culture, but a great place to learn at a fast pace from smart people. Flexible working hours/work from home options and relaxed dress code. Great place to work!
Pros
Free bagels, espresso machines, cold brew, fruit, bevi machine, freestyle coke machine
Cons
lower pay in some fields, but great benefits
Good experience for recent grads but don’t stay long
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 19, 2018
I worked at TechTarget for over 10 years in a variety of roles. I learned a lot and worked with some very smart, dedicated people. The pay was criminally low, I know a lot of people who had to get a second job to make ends meet. If you get a raise at all, it will be 3% max and those are rare. Extremely high turnover due to low pay. They hire recent grads who don’t know any better. If you don’t work in sales, management doesn’t care about you at all and treats you accordingly. There is very little training and a sink or swim attitude. The open leave policy is a total scam as you are discouraged from taking much time and even if you do, you won’t have a back up so the work piles up. Most of the managers were promoted from within and did not have any prior managerial experience which results in a lot of unprofessional behavior. There is zero confidentiality when dealing with HR, assume that they will share everything you say with senior management. Awful infrastructure for an IT company.
Pros
Great coworkers and you’ll learn a lot, free coffee, soda, water.
Cons
Awful pay, poor work/life balance, poor middle management
Not a bad place to begin a career
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 17, 2018
EoQ rushes were sad time
Employees fell into two camps, those that were extremely active and those that just showed up
my personal management experience could have been better
Good starter job with great people to work with
Demand Operations Specialist/Reporting (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 14, 2017
Job has great managers but doesn’t pay the greatest. Offers all the benefits but doesn’t offer all the holidays off. It’s salary based and they say you can set your own days off but tend to discourage it.
Pros
Free fruit and beverages, great people to work with
Cons
Not a lot of time off, low salary
Standard Office Job
Sr. Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 1, 2017
Standard office job, communication is minimal between employees. Workplace culture is relaxed but wouldn't consider it fun. Work/Life balance is the best part about the company.
Relaxed work environment with low pay/little upside
Qualified Sales Opportunity Manager (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 24, 2017
This is a good job for recent graduates, but the pay is criminally low and there's little room for growth after being there for years. There are good people working there, but they're overworked and the direction of the company seems to be changing every year.
Pros
free snacks/drinks
Cons
low pay
TechTarget
INTERACTIVE DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 26, 2017
Don't do it. Was once a great and fun place to work. Felt like they were running around trying to figure out who the were my last few months there. Never understood how they went from a publisher to a software company.
Pros
clean bathrooms, parking
Cons
slow and no work to do
Good company but low salaries
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 18, 2017
I've worked at TechTarget for several years. I really love the culture and my coworkers, which is what's kept me there for so long. They love to promote from within, but sometimes it takes a couple years for a position to open up, so moving up quickly is often a challenge. My biggest problem with the company is the salaries are lower than average.
Pros
coworkers, flexible schedules, open leave policy, good benefits (especially healthcare), free bagel Wednesdays
Cons
Underpaid salaries, hard to move up in certain departments
Event Planner, Operations (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 6, 2017
Little training or on-boarding. High expectations with very little guidance. When looking or asking for help, very little time is made for the employee.
I haven't worked here in a long time...
Associate Trends Editor (Former Employee) –  CAMay 6, 2017
I have not worked here in more than 9 years, so I don't think it would be fair to provide a review of the company. When I worked there, it was a very intense environment with lots of talented hardworking people on staff.
Great work experience that has heightened many skills for future oppourtunities
Delegate Recruitment Associate (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 27, 2017
A typical day would include conducting 125-150 outbound calls to drive in high quality attendees for events, telequal and sales qualified opportunity campaigns. From these calls I would interview our member base to gather purchase intent data to qualify top leads to our sales team and to drive marketing research by collecting insight on technology trends, vendor performance, and market share. Communicate to clients through "SalesForce.com" (CRM) and other recruitment tools while delivering professional customer service skills and developing close relationships for new business opportunities.

Here I have learned many new things. Conducting over 600+ calls a week has given me exceptional phone skills. Also, having to meet weekly quotas has enhanced my negotiation and sales skills tremendously. My most enjoyable part of working at TechTarget would be the people and the free coffee.
Great company culture, horrible pay
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 17, 2016
Pros
-Flexible schedule, and ability to work from home.
-Great co-workers.
-Provides the opportunity to learn a lot about the industry. It's a good place to start your career.
-Good benefits that start on the first day of hire.

Cons
-Low pay especially for the Bay area.
-Minimal perks which standout compared to a lot of Bay area companies.
-Limited growth opportunities in the San Francisco office
-Open leave policy can be good and bad. Most request are approved, but you can feel guilty for asking.
Great team, compensation lacking
Campaign Manager, Demand & ITDA (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2016
I've been privileged to have spent my time at TechTarget working with a fantastic group of people, being managed by skilled leaders, who have all been flexible with my frequent travels.
Really, the downsides of this job have been a lack of adequate compensation, and internal teams that don't always recognize when you're working your butt off
Overall, a decent workplace
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 23, 2016
Overall, a decent workplace. Co-workers are nice, benefits are great, CEO is excellent. It can be frustrating at times and certain new members of management have created somewhat of a toxic environment. But before then, it was truly a great place that I enjoyed coming into everyday.
Excellent culture and managers
Senior Writer (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 28, 2016
The company has a friendly but competitive culture. Managers give you room to grow for career advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TechTarget. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss