Tecolote Research, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Overall career satisfaction and management
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 22, 2018
Overall future with the company was seriously limited due to favoritism and minority status. Working conditions were very good and opportunities where good if one was a member fof the correct group.
Employee-centric workplace in an engaging and challenging industry
Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 7, 2018
Great company culture with high employee satisfaction. Conservative corporate management team does limit compensation amounts, but generous benefits package compensates where salaries may lack. Very smart staff and company is well-regarded by government customers. Very good job security as contracted work is often retained during re-compete.
Pros
work/life balance, health care, retirement contribution
Cons
low tuition reimbursement, no remote work
A good place to work
Senior Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDApril 20, 2018
Competitive Benefits - Reasonable Salary - Main office located in Arlington, VA.

Provided training and benefits consistent with the local market. Concerns about ability to win next contract vehicle.
Great Company
Senior Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDMarch 23, 2018
Tecolote is a great place to work. Unfortunately it is also mainly government contracting work that you will do so your job stability changes every 2 years. Constant worry about the next contract you will be on.
An excellent place to work
Business Management (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MADecember 27, 2017
My position was business management support. This required budget planning, development, cost controls, and contract administration. These acquired skills proved to very beneficial in applying and carrying out my duties later at MCR. I thank Tecolote for affording me the opportunity to work with them and enjoyed the challenges and training they afforded while under their employment! Tecolote continues strong and I do not regret being part of their team.
Pros
Great benefits and working environment
Cons
Limiation to cost estimating
The firm is fantastic
Lead Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  DCDecember 4, 2017
Work days are relaxed. Most management is supportive. Benefits are fantastic. Culture is open.
For me, I was placed in a sinking ship contract with an aggressive and actively manipulative manager, though from what I understood, this is very rare within Tecolote. Make sure to vet the contract you'll be placed in to avoid terrible placement.
Work Culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2017
The pay is low but benefits is what keeps everyone here. Corporate is scared of everything, I don't believe anyone's job is secure. Corporate keeps everything secret.
Pros
Benefites
Cons
Pay
Typical Day
Advanced Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2017
Helping manager support customers
Develop analysis and present to manager
Team oriented, not alone
Manager introduces to customer and other resources
Working on MS excel cost models
Pros
Culture and people
Cons
Working in MS Excel for long periods of time
Variety of experience in job related fields
Technical Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2017
Manager in Washington DC a good supervisor but overall company needs update in management supervision and advancement for women. Overall morale is good with a few workers with negative power.
Pros
work with people with children
Cons
no advancement
High Quality Management; clear cut Mission, Meaningful Opportunities
Admin Associate (Former Employee) –  AilingMay 17, 2017
Tecolote Research, Inc. offers high value to the U.S. DOD and to the American public. Their expectations of their staff are reasonable and management has an open door policy. The DOD staff I worked with were impeccable in their respectfulness to the TRI staff. I was pleasantly surprised by the benefits and added much to my 401K!
Pros
Important Work
Cons
Office cubicles!
Great Company with great benefits.
Technical Specialist II - Recon Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hill Air Force Base, Ogden, UTMarch 21, 2017
I have learned a tremendous amount with Tecolote. The management is outstanding. I have been allowed to come in early enough so that I may pick up my son from school. They have always been willing to work with me and other employees when it comes to family and school. The benefits this company offers is what has kept me here for so long. My entire family is covered and I don't pay a dime. My retirement plan is also paid 100% by Tecolote. I would absolutely recommend working for Tecolote Research.
Pros
Willing to work around your schedule
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
Great Place to work
Cost Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 2, 2017
Tecolote is the leading firm in the cost analysis industry and as such is a great place to start a career as an analyst. The company culture is family oriented and directed toward people who wish to stay for the duration of their career. As such benefits are the best I have ever seen, however cash compensation (particularly starting) is low. Great work life balance and great management.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Low cash compensation
See below
Sr. Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CASeptember 28, 2015
Contacting with the Contracts Department and the out side field offices to ensure that all jobs are available and set up correctly. Working closely with the customers to make sure that invoices are correctly submitted and will be paid on a timely basis.
I learned that communication is essential to a successful business interaction. Working closely with management is very important so that everyone agrees on the correct procedures to make the company successful.
Being a team is essential to making a productive and effective department.The hardest part of my job would be making sure that all parties are content with any discrepancies or disagreements between contracts, billings, and customers.The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing that a cordial agreement has been arrived at and any outstanding invoices/reconciliations have been met so that a job can be successfully closed.
Great benefits
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAMay 19, 2015
Good company, great benefits, but company needs to move into the 21st century. Numerous locations provide optimal opportunity for work from home, but management does not support this.
Benefits
Cons
No work from home options; micromanaging.
Best place I ever worked!
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 13, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Benefits are the best I've seen in 20 years of other companies.
Na
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work involved a tremendous amount of learning.
Challenging and fun
Senior Analyst/Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy YardApril 19, 2014
the environment in which we work is both challenging and fun. Management provides a lot of flexibility and freedom to get the work done.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
promotions are few and far between.
Highly regarded as one of the premiere leaders in the area of engineering estimating for the aerospace industry.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 8, 2012
There is never a typical day at work. Tasks varied from hands-on work with parametric models (SEER, ACEIT), meetings with customers and analysis of acquisition documents. In my years here the majority of my colleagues were very much team-oriented and worked well as a cohesive unit.

The interaction with other engineering organizations and government customers is where I thrive. It is critical to understand the requirements in order to produce the most realistic estimate possible. This is invaluable for successful project execution.
Great company.
Senior Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 15, 2012
Great company. Don't know long the review has to be in order to be accepted, but no amount of length will make it any better.
Pros
great in every way
Very professional office with great co-worker and managers
Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 7, 2012
Daily I would keep various logs updated/created. Check visitors' request information sheet. Greet all military personnel and announce their arrival. Enter various data into MS excel spreed-sheet progarm. Assista Human Resources generalist and Security Officer with various projects. I had the opportunity to learn how A company that does cost estimating for the Military is ran. My immediate managers were great to work with as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job to me is when the company was going through reorganization and my position was eliminated. I enjoyed working with such a professional group of people.
Pros
bonus, picinics, and a lot of employee incentives.
Cons
didn't hire from within, when a new position became available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tecolote Research, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss