Tecomet Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Keep looking
Put things in bag technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 12, 2018
If you don’t mind constant head scratching change this place is perfect for you. Must love working weekends and constant pressure to perform the impossible. Expect lousy pay with decent benefits IF they ever decide to hire you full time. Keep looking!
Pros
All the popcorn you can eat
Cons
Mandatory weekends just about every weekend.
Good people - poor pay
Quality (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 12, 2018
Good place to learn machining & forging. High visibility role. Fast paced environment. Management only cares about the bottom line. Site management forces qc to ship stuff out the door they know is non-conforming so they hit their "numbers" to upper management so they can get their bonuses. Expect at least 10%-15% below industry average pay for the northeast, and maybe a 2.5% increase per year. Bonuses, if you get them are about 2%.
Pros
the people, the experience, decent 401(k) options & match
Cons
i'm still here
Great People
Shipping Associate/Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLApril 2, 2018
The employees at Tecomet are genuine good people. It is a solid job, and generally good work environment. A fair number of employees speak absolutely no English.
Very long hours
Screen Printer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 21, 2018
The hours were horrendous. All overtime is required, and past due hours never went down. People would get angry towards each other a lot. Unclear communication.
Pros
fun/enjoyable job
Cons
too many hours
Tecomet
Cnc set up machinist (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Less headache and more money elsewhere. Horrible management that doesn’t care about you. Over worked. Just not a good place to work like it use to be!
Pros
Paid time off 18days plus holidays
Cons
Always at work. Horrible management. Don’t care for employees
popcorn
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Claypool, INFebruary 12, 2018
they had popcorn every friday in the break room for a snack. it was pretty good, frash from a machine and had flavored salt to put on it. it was a nice touch.
Pros
ok
Cons
not many
Regular
Sterilization package, inspection, assy (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2018
pago es minimo y no te dan oportunidades de crecimiento profesional
Horrible place to work
Polisher (Former Employee) –  Claypool, INJanuary 28, 2018
Was very poorly trained then left alone on a shift where no one else in the building knew my job if I had any issues. Wasn't made aware if I had any bad parts. I was there 8 months and 3 months away from maternity leave when they made up all kinds of reasons to fire me and had no proof of anything they accused me of. They play favorites for sure. They give their friends raises and cater to others but i got hired not knowing anyone there so they didn't like that. They tried to say I had too many points which I didn't nor never signed a paper or got a warning. Then they tried to say I lied about my breaks which I didn't but everyone in the building I worked takes 2 to 3 30 min breaks and nothing is said to them but they come after the pregnant person and made a big deal about taking a longer break bc it was so hot in my area and no air. They also said it was bc my quality of work which big surprise I was never made aware of that either if it was even true. This place is a serious joke and wouldn't bother working for them. And your on overtime all the time which they lied about and said they hardly ever do overtime. One HR lady told me I couldn't be fired because I was protected because I was pregnant and then another HR lady goes and fires me made no sense.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor management, Poor training, low pay, no raises like promised, no advancement
Expect to be moved around a lot with zero communication from management
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 26, 2018
I worked for this company for a year. I started as a Screen Printer with 5 years experience. After about 3 months I was moved to the "Final Clean" department because they were short handed. Already Im working a position that I did not originally sign up for nor was I hired for. Screen Printing was the trade I knew. After about a month (remember now I'm about 4 months in and was hired full time) I'm told a massive layoff may be happening soon. Sure enough, a layoff happens in several departments. Now I need this job, and ask my supervisor if my position is on the cutting room floor. The next day I'm told that if I want to keep my job I need to be willing to work the 6-2 shift running an injection mold machine. To summarize. I'm an experienced and skilled screen printer and now 4 month in am running an injection mold machine. Never run anything like it before and had no idea what I was doing. Luckily I found a better job shortly after and got out of there. Overall if you're applying for a certain job at this place, don't expect to be there for long. You're just a warm body to these people.
Pros
lunches and breaks were able to be taken on time
Cons
low pay, incompetent management, lack of communication, mishandled skills
Joke
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 24, 2018
Management is a complete mess. Its the buddy sytem and not performance based. The supervisors make fun of people behind their backs. Very unprofessional immature management. The only way to advance is to pay lip service. Constantly concerned with dress code, cell phones, chewing gum etc. There are cameras all over the shop where you are spied on constantly while working. Its like high school and prison wrapped up into one. The machines leak all over the place maintenace is behind and short staffed. There are no pms done on the equipment. The shop gets no help because they refuse to pay what everyone pays in town.
Cons
Immature management / supervisors, low wages, supervisors play favorites
Fast pace
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Fast pace and a bit stressful. Overall okay work environment. Could use some work on management. I would try to apply here if you really need a job they will most likely give you an opportunity.
Great company but it is a long commute
Tool Maker (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Tecomet, Iiked the team I worked with as well as the management, but I felt I wasn't being challenged enough and the commute was way to long.
Pros
Stability, available overtime, benefits
Cons
lack of challenge, commute, pay
Liars and phonies
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Good be a good place to work if management was to separate there friendships from the business.Treat and give raises by performance and nit who has there lips attached to there backend
Pros
A few good people
Cons
Bad culture, poor raises, immature and unprofessional people throughout.Poor raises
typical corporate disappointments
Instrument Maker/Laser Welder (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 8, 2017
no one really listens. poor management. a promise but no follow through on tuition reimbursement. grateful to have a job and great people to work with but when it comes to voicing problems its a real battle to get major issues resolved
Department placement
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 29, 2017
Very low pay rate and bad excuses for Department placement and when you ask for a raise they will make any excuse not to give it to you they will ask you if you are validated.
Tecomet
Gun Drill Operator (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 12, 2017
It was very stressful It is a low paying job and HR seems to ack like you will be fired for wanting to better yourself I wouldnt recomend working here
Productive and quick paced workplace
Gage Quality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 9, 2017
Normally you are pressed on time and must get all of your duties done on time. You have a very short time crunch for all of your duties. You get two ten minute breaks and a 30 min lunch break for an 8 hour day.
This company can be a well oiled machine shop if it were better managed.
Bonding Tech (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 7, 2017
There isn’t any cross training or advancement in this company. If you are looking to just get by on a bi-weekly paycheck then Tecomet is the place of employment.
Excellent place to work.
SWISS LATHE SETUP MACHINIST (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 28, 2017
Honestly, I love working at Tecomet. I wouldn't even consider leaving or looking for higher payer jobs if they paid me what I should be making for my skill level and experience. If I worked at any other major orthopedic manufacturer in Warsaw or the surrounding area I would be making at least 5-7 dollars more an hour than I am now. Other than that I would recommend it to anyone looking to work for a company that cares about and cares for their employees. It is be far the best place I have worked in my adult life and would especially recommend applying to work there if you starting a career in CNC machining or wanting to improve your skills as a CNC machinist.
Pros
Positive and low stress environment, Lenient attendance policy, Great staff, Good benefits
Cons
Low wages, Lack of opportunities for advancement, Lack of encouragement toward advancement from superiors, Lack of promotions given or offered
Poor management
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 15, 2017
Extremely poor management. Does not communicate with employees. They have no idea what their employees are doing and make assumptions about job performance.