Tecomet Employee Reviews

challenging working environment
PRECISION MECHANICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAAugust 13, 2018
very interesting and challenging mechanical inspector position allowing individuals to use their abilities to complete inspections of precision machined parts
Cons
good benefits
Job performance
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLAugust 2, 2018
If your too quick at your job, they fire you, so they can have someone else do it for cheaper. Was let go because job performance was not meeting there expectations. Routinely finished jobs ahead of schedule
Good work environment, good people
Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 31, 2018
Learned a lot from the tasks that I was given while working at Tecomet, good pay, good employees & management for 2nd shift, very clean facility and well organized.
Good company to work for
Global Product Director (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 16, 2018
enjoyed the work and my co workers. good opportunity for professional growth and new challenges and opportunities. operational excellence and a growing company
engineering
Engineering Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 16, 2018
OK. Slow on technology. Easy commute if you live local. Management is inconsistent. Runs like starter company that has been around for a while. Room to grow
going down hill fast
Operator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 8, 2018
where to start. every day you think that it can't get worse but then management proves you wrong. the group leader that use to run thermalform got moved to group leader of final clean after breaking many rules and not knowing how to run the department. then she got caught stealing from the company twice by taking so many extra breaks. This is the person that they promote? then a few people went to HR to voice concern and were told to mind there own business.
management cant even plan. there 80 jobs sitting at an out source company waiting to be machined and we have machines sitting for days with no work. we wonder why we have bad on time delivery.
i am only here to look for a better place to work but i figured i could help other job seekers
if you are desperate for work take a job here. otherwise move on. things wont get better until tecomet cleans house at the management level
Pros
struggling here
Cons
managment
poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 1, 2018
Management has ruined this company. A lean team of 5 people at a cost of over $300000 continue to make poor choices. When challenged, their response is "If you don't like it there is the door" If you are a friend of the value stream leader (engineer without any management experience) (Who only got the position because the last 3 quit) life is good. There is still a good core group of people left that get the work done but not sure how much longer they will be there. Management are condescending to all workers on the floor. They walk around with their hands in their pockets and never learn how to do any jobs. Yet think they know everything. They hold anyone on the floor accountable by suspending for 3 days without pay for 1st mistake. Yet the poor decisions that they make that cost the company up to hundreds of thousands of dollars goes unpunished. They only want a bunch of yes men and button pushers
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor management
Poor management
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMay 26, 2018
Very poor management, and they dont like to listen to employees opinions. They also hide stuff when customers come to visit. As well they only hire people they closely know. Most are all racist.
Bad management and lazy groupleaders
Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 25, 2018
This place is poorly mismanaged, always behind schedule, lack of respect of the employees on the floor . Don't listen or care for what we have to say especially the groupleaders . The groupleaders we use the have back in the day use to stick up to the people who was working on the floor . But now, we have inexperience groupleaders who pay lip service and do nothing to help the people on the floor . Thermoform has a groupleader that does nothing but socialize with other people who are not part of her department and take multiple breaks . CNC has a groupleader that micromanage and spies on the operators on the floor and accuse them of taking longer breaks, when most of the time they take their breaks later . This place might give you a decent pay after hiring you, but don't expect a rise in the near future . It has customers who are unsatisfied with this company, may not last long .
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
People in charge don't know how to run a company .
tecomet bought out my employeer
Machinist- Symmetry Medical a division (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 12, 2018
Tecomet bought out the company I worked for, the gutted and sold it for more money, worked there a short time, really enjoyed it. They paid well and were flexible with hours.
Keep looking
Put things in bag technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 12, 2018
If you don’t mind constant head scratching change this place is perfect for you. Must love working weekends and constant pressure to perform the impossible. Expect lousy pay with decent benefits IF they ever decide to hire you full time. Keep looking!
Pros
All the popcorn you can eat
Cons
Mandatory weekends just about every weekend.
Good people - poor pay
Quality (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 12, 2018
Good place to learn machining & forging. High visibility role. Fast paced environment. Management only cares about the bottom line. Site management forces qc to ship stuff out the door they know is non-conforming so they hit their "numbers" to upper management so they can get their bonuses. Expect at least 10%-15% below industry average pay for the northeast, and maybe a 2.5% increase per year. Bonuses, if you get them are about 2%.
Pros
the people, the experience, decent 401(k) options & match
Cons
i'm still here
Great People
Shipping Associate/Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLApril 2, 2018
The employees at Tecomet are genuine good people. It is a solid job, and generally good work environment. A fair number of employees speak absolutely no English.
Very long hours
Screen Printer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 21, 2018
The hours were horrendous. All overtime is required, and past due hours never went down. People would get angry towards each other a lot. Unclear communication.
Pros
fun/enjoyable job
Cons
too many hours
Tecomet
Cnc set up machinist (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Less headache and more money elsewhere. Horrible management that doesn’t care about you. Over worked. Just not a good place to work like it use to be!
Pros
Paid time off 18days plus holidays
Cons
Always at work. Horrible management. Don’t care for employees
popcorn
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Claypool, INFebruary 12, 2018
they had popcorn every friday in the break room for a snack. it was pretty good, frash from a machine and had flavored salt to put on it. it was a nice touch.
Pros
ok
Cons
not many
Regular
Sterilization package, inspection, assy (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2018
pago es minimo y no te dan oportunidades de crecimiento profesional
Horrible place to work
Polisher (Former Employee) –  Claypool, INJanuary 28, 2018
Was very poorly trained then left alone on a shift where no one else in the building knew my job if I had any issues. Wasn't made aware if I had any bad parts. I was there 8 months and 3 months away from maternity leave when they made up all kinds of reasons to fire me and had no proof of anything they accused me of. They play favorites for sure. They give their friends raises and cater to others but i got hired not knowing anyone there so they didn't like that. They tried to say I had too many points which I didn't nor never signed a paper or got a warning. Then they tried to say I lied about my breaks which I didn't but everyone in the building I worked takes 2 to 3 30 min breaks and nothing is said to them but they come after the pregnant person and made a big deal about taking a longer break bc it was so hot in my area and no air. They also said it was bc my quality of work which big surprise I was never made aware of that either if it was even true. This place is a serious joke and wouldn't bother working for them. And your on overtime all the time which they lied about and said they hardly ever do overtime. One HR lady told me I couldn't be fired because I was protected because I was pregnant and then another HR lady goes and fires me made no sense.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor management, Poor training, low pay, no raises like promised, no advancement
Expect to be moved around a lot with zero communication from management
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 26, 2018
I worked for this company for a year. I started as a Screen Printer with 5 years experience. After about 3 months I was moved to the "Final Clean" department because they were short handed. Already Im working a position that I did not originally sign up for nor was I hired for. Screen Printing was the trade I knew. After about a month (remember now I'm about 4 months in and was hired full time) I'm told a massive layoff may be happening soon. Sure enough, a layoff happens in several departments. Now I need this job, and ask my supervisor if my position is on the cutting room floor. The next day I'm told that if I want to keep my job I need to be willing to work the 6-2 shift running an injection mold machine. To summarize. I'm an experienced and skilled screen printer and now 4 month in am running an injection mold machine. Never run anything like it before and had no idea what I was doing. Luckily I found a better job shortly after and got out of there. Overall if you're applying for a certain job at this place, don't expect to be there for long. You're just a warm body to these people.
Pros
lunches and breaks were able to be taken on time
Cons
low pay, incompetent management, lack of communication, mishandled skills
Joke
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 24, 2018
Management is a complete mess. Its the buddy sytem and not performance based. The supervisors make fun of people behind their backs. Very unprofessional immature management. The only way to advance is to pay lip service. Constantly concerned with dress code, cell phones, chewing gum etc. There are cameras all over the shop where you are spied on constantly while working. Its like high school and prison wrapped up into one. The machines leak all over the place maintenace is behind and short staffed. There are no pms done on the equipment. The shop gets no help because they refuse to pay what everyone pays in town.
Cons
Immature management / supervisors, low wages, supervisors play favorites