TECT Aerospace Employee Reviews

TECT actually sucks
ASSEMBLY MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 5, 2019
Management, overall needs to pull heads out of their aXXes. Work balance needs more better pay to compensate for management mistakes, benefits are below industry standards, and no dignity for the treatment of hourly employees, because management takes credit for hourly employee achievements and accolades. Steer clear from this company.
Pros
Co-worker relationship
Cons
anything related to a sweatshop
rather not
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSMarch 2, 2019
one of the worst places to work
air quality is the worst
managment needs to be more of managers and not best buddies
they dont inforce good work ethics and afraid to do their jobs in fear of discrimation
Run as fast, and as far away from this place as you can!!!!!!
An underpaid worker (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 29, 2019
I've been there for a few years now and I have had many supervisors. I've seen people who have been there for 10 or more years get fired in the blink of an eye. They don't promote from within, they don't give raises, there benefits suck. If they don't like you and your not in the "in crowd" then they treat you horribly. They believe that everyone is replaceable, regardless of your position there. You can be a hard worker there and never get rewarded. It's so bad there that many of the employee's want to bring in a Union to hopefully make things better and of course Tect Aerospace is fighting them as much as possible. It''s a very bad place to work, the management plays head games with people. Do not apply there!!!! Find somewhere better to work. That's why I'm here looking for a different job. I want to get out of there as quickly as possible.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Everything Else!
I enjoyed being at Tect Aerospace more than any other aircraft industry.
shipping and receiving attendant (Former Employee) –  Park City, KS 67219December 14, 2018
Tect Aerospace was an excellent place to be employed. The scheduled hours to be at work were excellent. The pay is excellent, and the environment was enlightening.
Play games
Handform (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 10, 2018
Text Aerospace is a good company I never think I gonna quit over there. I’m so happy happy to work over there all my bosses like me so i work more harder and harder never tired. The reason why I quit Text because I got no more overtime so I don’t have enough money to pay my bill I decided to there for a wile. I told my boss when you got more work just give me a call I’ll go back with happily.
Pros
3 or 4 times a year
Cons
10 break every two hours
Stressful atmosphere with little reward
Associate Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Park City, KSNovember 17, 2018
The managers like to boast about doing more work with the same amount of people but instead of reward employees, they increase workloads without increasing staff which induces large amount of stress and forces employees to work 50+ hrs/wk to try and keep up.
Management change impacted culture negatively
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 8, 2018
The culture in 2011 was fantastic. The new management destroyed it.

Management spent so much time in meetings, they were unable to get work done, but the culture allowed them to take credit for what other workers did.
the workers at Tect were great, good people.
worker / grunt (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 26, 2018
Not a very good place to work if you want to advance in life.
HR sucks, Leadership sucks. If you are not part of the 'in' crowd forget it, if you have a question and cannot find your boss you may have to check in at the local bar.
Pros
The fellow employees are great, good people
Cons
Management and leadership suck
over all tect was a good place to work
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 17, 2018
The 10 years i worked for TECT was great i had a great team in our Kent Site and Everett Site. We worked hard lots of long hours to meet our customers needs.
Pros
Cook out IE burger burn
Cons
To much overtime
good coworkers
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 29, 2017
Tect is a good place to work for the only bad thing i got to say is the management team is poor at their job. another bad thing that i thought about tect is the benefits has been by far the highest copay i have ever paid
Pros
got good leads that are always welling to take the time to teach you
Cons
short breaks, long hours, and again poor management
Terrible place to work
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSOctober 30, 2017
I wouldn't work there again. You work your 40 and come in some on the weekend and its still not enough. They will hound you about working overtime even when you meet theyre requirements.
If it was up to management they would it mandatory 7 days a week.They expect you to sign your life away when you start working for them. Do not plan on having a life.
Pros
Work as much as you want
Cons
Expected to work every weekend atleaszt 6 hours
crew had pot luck dinner
Debug Technician (Former Employee) –  KansasOctober 30, 2017
I enjoyed working there, and enjoyed working 2nd shift. Had some parts that were difficult. draft tables were good,
Had started learning some assembly on the landing gear
very good place to work
Machinist level 2 grade 8 (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSOctober 16, 2017
Excellent management. The HR was very helpful, and the people provide a great team atmosphere. There are plenty of five axis machines and newer T1 5 axis cells being built
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks
good
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSOctober 10, 2017
could start people out a little better with experience , it was a laid back environment people all pretty nice just wish things were a bit more organized on the working load
Ok place to work
CNC Machinist/Setup (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 26, 2017
Manager and people were nice. Machines were up to date and well maintained. Compensation could have been better. Overall not a bad place to get some good experience.
Age discrimanation
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 24, 2017
They practiced age discrimination . They laid off everyone over the age of 50 and hired younger employees that was hired at lower wages. The most enjoyable part of the job was the quality of their machines and tools. The worst part of the job was the stress.
Pros
Nice tools good pay
Cons
Streeful political atmosphire
Unstable and poor management
Assembler 3 (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 12, 2017
Too many management changes. Poor long term planning by upper management. no follow through from middle management. Operations manager is to busy spying on work force rather than fixing problems. Atmosphere creates poor morale. Recently took radios away, but allow ear buds & headsets which is a safety hazard, & now most people don't talk to each other or can't hear one another
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 8, 2017
I had a great staff that not only was fun to work with, but got work accomplished as this was a quick pace production environment that required allot of coordination, planning and execution to deliver day in and day out.
Pros
Competitve pay and staff
Quality Company
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Park City, KSSeptember 7, 2017
TECT was a good place to work. Fair benefits, paid time off, 401k. I enjoyed working with the team at TECT Aerospace and would work for them again if the opportunity was present.
pays well
Painter and assembly (Former Employee) –  Park City, KSAugust 25, 2017
pays well but with aircraft industry its long hours. every weekend. heavy lifting. tools and sealant i learned about. quality is a must. hard workers indeed.