Ted's Montana Grill Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Server, TOGO, Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 16, 2018
A fast pace and a good place to work if you establish yourself! You get discounts on lunches but if you work a double lunch breaks are sometimes kind of short. You have to establish yourself and show you are there to work.
MAÎTRE D AND HEAD WAITRESS (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2018
Productive place where being a team member is one important core values. Management is encouraging and understanding they are helpful. Team members work together to make sure everything runs smoothly for the kitchen and guest. We take pride in the service we provide as well as the quality of food we deliver.
I do had good experience that this is jobs
Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 14, 2018
I wondering if I can come back Ted Montana grill.
I would like to come back through
I have a lot friend and my family members to be there for support me.
Pros
Anything
Cons
I would try mine best through.
Hostess, Bartendar, Server
Host Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
This is great fast pace environment. Personality is a must to be apart. You must on time, quick and able to work under circumstances. Customer service is a must.
Workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 10, 2018
Was told I would get more hours to help pay for school but randomly stopped getting hours completely with no explanation. Horrible management. Even spoke to them on the phone multiple times & was told I’d be put on the schedule
Team Lead/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 3, 2018
Will bring you in at a entry level and eleveat your restaurant knowledge to a premium high quality leve. I recommend this job to anyone experience or no experience.
Conservative setting
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2018
Ted's is a business casual yet family oriented environment for all types of individuals. It caters to the classic american cuisine for those who appreciate a nice steak or burger. Very reasonably priced, yet a higher caliber is available for those who seek it in the terms of wine, desserts, and premium cuts.
Three tables stations, no thank you
Server (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 30, 2018
After working there for six months, I was still being assigned training stations with two deuces and a six top. The six top would get sat once on weekdays.
You pretty much do two hours of side work and don't get any help from the server assistants that you tip out for nothing. Only the favorites with the most seniority got the outside tables and 4 table stations with booths.
Employee discount was 50% but you had to get permission to order it within a very small time frame, and good luck trying to pay for it at the bar. It was just a complete hassle. You had to punch out before you could eat it or take it home with you in your own container!
Since you're leaving on weekdays with @$50 in your pocket, I accepted another part-time job and they took it personally and cut me down to one day per week. That's when I resigned.
Pros
You can easily make $200 on the weekends
Cons
Bussing your own tables and running your own food and then tipping out for it!
A decent place for making money, but a bit bogged by negativity
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2018
In the front of the house, things were busy pretty frequently, which was great for money and meant there was a lot of nice customers to meet. But I often found myself dreading heading to the back of the house. The culture there would switch from typical workplace exchanges to mean and negative comments whenever things got heavy. It was very stressful to go from being happy for the customers to dealing with the angry staff yelling at us behind the scenes. I understood the stress is natural for such a busy place, but there was a lack of what I guess I'd best call compassion between the different sections of the kitchen. It made it hard to keep a smile on my face, though I did.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks (no breaks sometimes), and mean staff
Fast paced environment with friendly employees
Hostess/busser (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 14, 2018
Despite things being very hectic, stressful, and even a bit crazy at times, the employees and management there always seemed to have things under control and constantly worked together to make everyone’s job a little bit easier. The pay wasn’t very good but the experiences I had were fantastic.
lovely people
Prep/line cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2018
menu high, food great, nice locations, good friendly people, need more locations in Indianapolis, in. relocated to Atlanta, ga and loved the place, had a family death which caused me to move back in indy
Stable and upbeat atmosphere to work in
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAMay 25, 2018
With Teds Montana Grill I had the pleasure to serve my community and strive towards a career. Every day I was provided with the oppertunity to succeed. I was working my way up the corperate ladder and one step away from becoming a kitchen manager. Unfortunately, the business complex raised the rent in the complex and the corperate office did not feel as if they would like to continue business at that location. With out notice, on Fathers day 2017, the store closes early and the reginal manager and company human resources member appear and annouce the closing of the store that very same day. Due to my standing with the company the highly sought after me to stay with the company but would have had to relocate to their nearest store in upper Delaware, about an hour and a half trip one way. With my life obligations I was not able to take the new position and "guaranteed" promotion. Overall when I look back on my work experience I could not have been more appreciative for the oppertunity to work for their company. With much remorse, however, i was not able to continue my career with them.
Productive& fast paced
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2018
Stressful & unnecessary labor. Dishwaher & prep cook for about a year 2mths.$1 raise for good work performance & also certified trainer. Fulltime on the weekends.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 15, 2018
Great management team. They all pitch in to help where it's needed and they listen to employee concerns. Everything is made from scratch so you need to know how to follow a recipe. It's a good place to learn.
Pros
great food
Cons
long hours, no paid time off
It is fun and a nice place, just not enough to pay bills.
SA orHostess (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 13, 2018
I love the place and wish it gave me more of what I need. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Also this is the first place I have ever worked at that employees get along. Fun and friendly environment.
Terrible place to work. Management only cares about their personal lives, and disregards all employees. Business is very slow.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 24, 2018
Management has always been an issue at this location. Current managers are only concerned with their personal lives, and disregard employees completely. Our food is good, but very inconsistent. We run out of menu items every day, no matter how slow we are. There is no communication between management and employees. Scheduling is always a pain- you never get the days off that you want.
I really enjoyed working here when I first started but have since despised it. There is no appreciation for any of your work.
Managers will often times drink during their shift.
Pros
50% off select items
Cons
No breaks, no communication, management
Not the place for me
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2018
Interesting concept. Poor management.

Poor company structure, bad culture, poor selection of employee pool.

Menu consistently changing. overall just a poorly run company.
Pros
good food
Cons
management
Enjoyable
Server (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAApril 10, 2018
I enjoy the atmosphere of TED's, having for the first time tasting Bison that I've never had, the food, my co-workers I just love coming to work. the interaction with customers that you grow to making lasting memories for them and especially for their first time visit that hopefully will keep them coming back.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 4, 2018
I was a server at Teds for a year. I had to take and submit orders, prepare the restaurant for the day (rolling silverware, stocking condiments, chopping garnishes.. etc.) and have great customer service skills.
Moderate Workplace
CULINARY KITCHEN MGR (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 27, 2018
Nice place to work. Staff is hard to keep, being a college town. Manager will have to work all areas if employees don't show up for work. Everything is made from scratch in the kitchen. Hard concept to follow. Opening managers do the job of 3 and four people sometimes. Business is up and down. Not predictable.

Enjoy the staff that is there and past employees. Like family.

My schedule is always changing.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hours vary too much. Split days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ted's Montana Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight