Ted Baker Employee Reviews

horrible place
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2019
not a positive environment. management sucks. don't expect them to work with you ever. pay is much too low for a entry level designer brand. seriously its minimum wage.
Fun company!
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
The company was very quirky and fun to work for! The upper management is very involved with everything at the company, and the entire organization feels like on big family!
Toxic work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 26, 2018
The management team is terrible, they constantly go on power trips and give no help. Poor training. Key holders like to steal sales even though there is no incentive. The management team also brings the drama out on the floor in front of the customers. There is no feeling of "we are all one big team"its more of a free for all.
Pros
Cons
No commission, poor management, constant power trips
Very Good
Sales Executive/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  SylhetSeptember 24, 2018
iam worked here its too mutch fast and too sppedy work, very nice collections and clothes, i really loved this shop and i proud with rhis shop . many cloth collection are avilable.
Terrible Store Manager
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Worked for Ted Baker full time after getting my degree. They had possibility for advancement but it was cut throat and very competitive to even be noticed at company workshops held in NYC. Culture of the Woodbury store changed once management was replaced. The current manager is quite possibly the worst man to be in charge of a store. He has ridiculed customers of all shapes, colors, backgrounds in front of his own associates. You do not want to follow by his example... he once told a religious woman she could not breastfeed while in our fitting room. No team morale or positivity. A lot of terrible experiences working under this problematic manager. The company itself was a great company to start with professionally, but after my personal experience I would not suggest working at this location.
Pros
Match 401k, Paid time off, Long breaks
Cons
No diversity on the executive level
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 28, 2018
This company hires based on looks and everyone knows it. You can only advance if you choose to have a career here if your attractive / handsome.

There is a lack of diversity in the corporate office as well as on the executive levels.
Pros
Great clothing allowance
Cons
No diversity at the top
Management complete nightmare!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2018
Management is absolutely rude. They do not care about their workers. Hr DOES NOT HELP. They expect you to buy multiple uniform pieces although with a discount, you'd spend at least 100 dollars out your paycheck on uniform. The store is a revolving door, in the last 7 months they've lost over 14 people, no exaggeration. The assistant store manager is sexist, forces girls to only buy dresses.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management, hr
Happy Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Had a great time styling customers and giving them ideas about the latest trends in fashion. The entire team was great to work with. Always had events to look forward to.
account
Assistant Store Manager, Bloomingdale's Flagship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Exceeded Men’s department plans by constant training with a firm focus on customer service retention and development of under yielding client books.
● Lead the Men’s business to a 45% increase in repeated spend while successfully exceeding the department target/plan by an average of 30% over the last six months.
Productive and fun workplace with great managment team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2018
The team I worked with although my time was short, was a lively bunch that would brighten anyone's day. The management team are some of the most eclectic and scintillating people I have had the honor of working with and encourage anyone seeking for a new job opportunity to jump into the Baker Family.
Ted Baker
Sales Associate & Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
I honestly loved working at TED, but as soon as new management came everything went downhill from there. It was like you could not voice your opinion what so ever. If you did then your hours were reduced & found any & every little thing you did to get rid of you.
Friendly and active workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 12, 2018
The fellow employees were very supportive and friendly. The store is well organized and you know exactly what you have to get done by the end of the shift.
Normal day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2018
I always arrived 30 minutes to work, to check my emails and get ready for my shift. There was lack of positivism since sales aren't good enough for the location and the company. Every singe day it was very stressful and hard working that sometimes you didn't see any progress. You don't see any progress in your position. The only positive side that Ted Baker has is their cultural vision. It was great. Benefits are very poor, no advancement in the company, they just wanted you to work hard and thats it. They need to take care better of their staff.
Pros
Discounts, training
Cons
Salaries
Great learning experience
US Wholesale Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2017
Loved this job. Great learning experience. First job working withs samples and on the back end of retail. Loved being able to preview the new collections before they drop.
Fun brand but low compensation
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
The brand has cute quirky clothes and the discount is great! However, the hours were good just very low compensation for myself. Great place for someone who doesn't really need the money.
Pros
Discount, clothes, team members
Cons
No advancement, low compensation, slow paced traffic, which results in not meeting sales goals.
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 23, 2017
No career advancement , very poor management . Not enough staff to assure a good shift . No sick or vacation days .. Human Resources gave poor advice also .
Pros
Healthcare
Never an Ordinary Day
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2017
Your success is based on what you put into it. Self reflection inspires personal growth to make you a better person- for yourself, your team and ultimately for your customers!
productive - high energy- competitive- fast paced
ASM/In-Store Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2017
I learned how to build my team up to be in the weekly top ten of upt and ads. I learned how to merchandise in compliance with the Uk driven atmosphere monthly. I also was trained into having monthly visits with the VP of the company and how to talk about the businesses strengths and weaknesses in a productive manner. I also was taught managing skills and how to train employees
Pros
one hour lunch breaks, good compensation, health benefits
Cons
no overtime worked long hours expected to do alot in a small amount of time daily
A Typical Work Day at Ted Baker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
A typical work day at Ted Baker as a Sales Associate consists of selling merchandise and clienteling. Ted Baker is the average retail work environment. There was nothing special about working here. I had great coworkers, which made my shifts go by faster. There are a lot of issues with management. They create an uncomfortable, caddy work environment for employees. Also, the longer I stayed here the more I began to realize the merchandise was cheaply made and overpriced.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Management, Nit Picky Rules, Overcharging for Mediocre Products Made of Polyester
Productive and Fun!
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
The culture is very fun and rewarding. It's definitely not " Your Ordinary Brand." The company really put great training in place for all associates and management. Working for Ted, we were all about delivering excellent customer service and building long lasting relationships with our customers. Not to mention the great customer events the company goes out of the way to provide. It was a great working experience.
Pros
great discount, bonuses, company advancement, events and able to possibly travel
Cons
your voice really isn't heard in regards to management, no loyalty to employees