Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Very Productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rehrersburg, PAJuly 13, 2017
It was a very productive place to work. Everyone was very close knit on everything that was put out of the kitchen. the kitchen crew works very hard up there.
Pros
free meals.
Productive and fun workplace
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Meansville, GAJuly 3, 2017
This is truly an awesome place that changes lives everyday. They major in addiction and other life controlling issues. They have a great team that is there for you at all times.
Alot of work and hours, good learning experience.
Program Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 24, 2017
Very poor communication and lack of leadership in different departments. Lack of pay and benefits is enough for anyone to move on. Good opportunity to learn and get your feet wet.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Bad pay and no benfits
Place to receive healing
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 21, 2017
Manage woman in need of sobriety making sure they are programming and growing into a new life away from drugs and
alcohol. I learned how to encourage woman through sobriety. Super friendly and well balanced staff members. Hardest part of the job would be seeing woman fall back into addiction and same bad lifestyle. Most enjoyable part of work is seeing lives transformed and a foundation with God.
Pros
Life Insurance
Cons
Community Living
Healthy place of employment
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 5, 2017
Good for employment. I'm glad that I have been apart of this family. It's a challenge to get the hang of but if stuck out a lot of good qualities are able to be learned
I enjoyed working at teen challenge because it provides a spiritual/physical & healthy program to people in need of knowledge in life skills.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJune 2, 2017
I was impressed by the way the clients/patients were treated by Administration even in delicate & confidential situations. Well done by all parties involved.
Pros
Free cookies from church.
Cons
Workers need am & pm 15 minutes breaks. Daily Work Activities LOGS for workers & training logs.
Friendly structured environment
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Poplarville, MSJune 1, 2017
Employees at Teen Challenge are respected and expected to be respectful to others. Working with as staff there is very rewarding as the job is about helping others. Relationships are built there that are long lasting and beneficial. The job is well paced having some busy times and some medium paced days. There was always someone willing to cover a shift in emergency situations.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
Great Learning
Janitor - Custodian - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 23, 2017
Started out as janitor, was given opportunity to advance to training and supervising team of 8. Worked individually with minimum supervision. Was trusted to complete work in timely fashion
Pros
Good learning experience
Excellent
extended trainee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2017
I went through the Mountain in Rehrersburg in 2013. After that, I moved to Pittsburgh and worked with them for 6 months as a trainee. So rewarding, the best decision that I ever made was the whole experience. I speak at addiction events now about the danger of labeling yourself as an addict. It's been almost 4 years for me with no resistance, completely changed my life. All for the Glory of God. Great atmosphere, Great place to work and grow in the knowledge of the Lord.
Pros
great place
Cons
long commitment, although it is needed for long term
It was ok
Counselor/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2017
Teen Challenge was ok I was a counselor there helping people get off drugs and homelessness. It was awesome seeing people change and looking to you for guidence
changes peoples lives
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Jackson, VAMarch 6, 2017
Teaching the residence how to live life without mood altering substances or any kind of disorder that hinders them from being a productive member of society.
Good balance of work and Bible Study
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLFebruary 26, 2017
The staff is great. I was a student for 13 months and an intern for 1 month. It was hard but fun and challenging.I would recommend to anyone. Loving atmosphere and worth the challenge.
Pros
Loving atmosphere, Free food, Good people.
Cons
Long days, many personalities, gets extremely stressful.
Good place to work.
Assistant Director in adult residential program (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Faith based residential program that relies on voluntary donations exclusively which is challenging yet rewarding. Worked in the community a lot making necessary community contacts.
great place to work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at jbhunt, everyone was nice and easy to work with. the hours were great and working with customers was a good experience.
Non profit vs future investment
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Teen Challenge does it's best when it comes to keeping traditional standards that have rarely seen change, since the first center has opened up in the late 70's. With that being said, it could use a much needed upgrade to their standards when it comes to workplace environment and moral beliefs, and the right time to separate both from business practices.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lifestyle
A fundrasing community
Fundraiser Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSDecember 23, 2016
If you like to fundraise and make crafts this is the place for you. You have to sacrifice your personal life in order to work here. there are job opportunities ,but only religious.
This year of my life was the most humbling experience I have ever had
Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2016
There wasn't anything typical about participating in the Teen Challenge experience. Everyday offered new unique opportunities. I was among all walks of life, everyone unsure of what would occur next. I learned to be prepared for anything including humility.
It is a good Place
Custodian Attendant/Landscape/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2016
I love that place it is a great place, I learn a lot from that place, It help me to be a better person in life and I learn a lot about my lord Jesus Christ.
Good place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 7, 2016
its a good place to work if you are looking to give back into your community. You have to be a man of many hats. Make sure that you are there for the right reason because you aren't going to get rich doing it.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers
Cons
No breaks.
A day at Teen Challenge
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 19, 2016
A day at work consisted of teaching bible studies, fundraising, and teaching the girls a new way of life without addiction. i was also the telemarketing director. I learned here was learning how to help people with different kinds of issues. the management and co-workers were amazing and a pleasure to work with. the hardest part of the job was that it was a live in job and being at working 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teen Challenge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4