TEGNA Employee Reviews

not applicable
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2017
great company to work for, depending on the department/team. promotion potential is bottleneck at a certain level. job security is currently low, due to restructuring, mainly for individuals outside of corporate.
Proactive and forward thinking company poised for future growth
Master Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 18, 2017
A typical night at work usually involves staring at multiple computer monitors and overseeing automation playlists. It can get stressful at times, especially on Thursday nights during football season.
Pros
good work environment
TV is not what it used to be....
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 10, 2017
Trying to be a digital company in a television world doesn't really work! Really low pay, terrible management and lack of care for employees with lots of experience. Offered buy out to employees 55 and older with 15 years tenure, the smart ones took it.
Pros
car wash in the garage
Cons
Nonexistent healthcare and benefits.
My time with Tegna
Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tysone CornerJuly 3, 2017
It was busy. I learned to manage work on my own. Everyone got alone. There wasn't a hardest part in my job. I performed my work. The most enjoyable part is when we all have a luncheon together.
Fast Paced
Corp Finance (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 20, 2017
Fast paced company focused on finding a niche in the future. Corporate team is shifting from focus on reacting to CEO requests to innovating and serving the field.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2017
Fun place to work but Management changes too much and they are not committed to see others grow especially minorities. I love my career and my clients I work to provide them excellent customer service.
Pros
Environment
No review at this time.
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
Seems like a forward thinking Media Company trying to navigate an ever changing landscape" (in 6 reviews)

"TEGNA has provided a stable, yet friendly and balanced work environment" (in 5 reviews)

Recommends

Positive Outlook

Approves of CEO

I have been working at TEGNA full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment, great co-workers, awesome benefits and a very down to earth leadership team. They acknowledge good work and reward employees for their efforts. Also, in my dealing with Sr. Leadership - they care a lot about their employees and are always proactively looking for ways to be a better employer - they treat people like family and not just another "Employee Number."

Cons

VERY big - so there can be some disconnect between departments and "branches" of the tree, but they are aware of that and seem to be working to improve cooperation and communication.

Advice to Management

Focus on engagement and ways to boost employee interest in staying with your organization for the long-term - increase mentorship/leadership programs. You have smart, young workforce that will be loyal to you if you show interest in their futures.
Stay away!!!
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 29, 2017
Worked under Tegna for two years. They paid us next to nothing, even with several years of prior experience. The raises and bonuses were a joke. Management did not know what they were doing and were placed as a result of corporate giving early retirements out to those who had been working with the stations for decades.
Cons
Pay, work life
its ok
Master Control Hub Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 1, 2017
as with every job there are positives and negatives.

the positives: they are willing to promote from within, its easy to communicate with upper management.

The Negatives: the pay is awful. the comp it awful. managers are uninterested and never on site
Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 1, 2017
I have been working for this company for close to a year and i really love it. This is a very good company to work for! This company offers great pay, good work environment, great benefits.

Want to know more about TEGNA?

Ask a question
Good work life balance and excellent work environment and company culture.
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2016
It is a very pleasant environment to work in. People at TEGNA are more like friends than colleagues. Managers are very easily approachable and are supportive.
Unfair Compensation
Productio Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Room for advancement but no compensation for advancement. If anything, the company takes advantage of employee eagerness to learn, and you end up working more for less.

They don't seem to know what it takes to run media stations, and their biggest concern is money with no regard for employees as people.

Fast food workers get paid more.
Cons
No compensation, Money grubbing company
Fun workplace in a lean company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2016
The people who work for TEGNA are great to work with -- passionate, caring, professional, and dynamic. The company is managed pretty lean, though, which makes resources hard to come by sometimes and tilts the work/life balance negatively. The management is good -- attentive, caring, and experienced -- but entrenched, leaving little in the way of growth opportunities.
Pros
Tight-knit and effective team, some opportunity for innovation
Cons
Few advancement opportunities, mediocre compensation, resources stretched thin
Loved my job here
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 22, 2015
Would love delete my resignation sent effective 9-16-15. Would love to discuss possible return with Supervisor.
I learned everyday, no day was ever the same, I loved interacting with co-workers and different TV station personnel and there were and always new things to learn.
Pros
Job
Cons
Professional communications with Supervisor, certain co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEGNA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7