Tekni-Plex Employee Reviews

not great
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, WVNovember 8, 2018
co-workers very good and help you, bosses suck, pay sucks for what you are doing benefits are okay very unorganized management doesn't know whats going on much
Fast pace production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 7, 2018
Loud fast paced job. Always moving but the product is very light. 8 hour long shift including 30 minute paid lunch and 2 breaks so you only work 7 hours. Some difficult workers but what job doesn't have bad apples. Supervisors and upper management doesn't know what its like to do the job so they often make crazy new rules or procedures. Until they realize they were wrong after a few weeks of misery
Severely Underpaid
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVJune 4, 2018
Job positions need to be self-reliant. Below average pay with competitive benefits. Management are typically unable to help with problematic tasks. Irregular raises and pay scale.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Below Average Pay
Productive,fun place to work
Inspector of Materials (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJApril 4, 2018
Iliked the job heavy lifting involved.My supervisor was very nice i got along with everyone,did my job and some;We made all the seals for any type of cap to seal it tight
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
were not aloud to leave the premesous
overall very satisfactory.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, NJFebruary 14, 2018
i had a stressful job but i enjoyed working on all the accounts with
my manager to achieve all goals expected.

i also lived very close so was always available for any project.
Pros
sold in 2013 and the CEO took me with him to the nw company named Swan.
Cons
no downside except in 2016 when the board decided to relocate the Finance team to Georgia.
Production Specialist
Lead technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Operated various machines, supervising, inspecting products, cleaning machines, setting up machines, repairing machines when they are down, trained new employees
Pros
Pay, co-workers, good schedule times, advancement
Cons
Was in charge of picking up shifts or staying over if someone called off or was late, long hours during certain times of the year
Decent company. Work and home life equals out.
Medical Device Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCDecember 25, 2017
I've been with this company over 12 years. Its all of what you make it. Overtime is there. There's three shifts. Small business very family oriented.
Pros
Pay for this area
Cons
Short breaks, coverage
Great place to work, poor Management
Shipping & receiving clerk 2 (Current Employee) –  Holland, OH 43528December 21, 2017
Turn around rate is terrible. Great place to work, people are great. Poor management. They don't promote within, I decided to leave due to the way they treat their employee's it's sad to see such hard workers quit due to the same reason.
Management does not know what they are doing
Worker (Current Employee) –  Blauvelt, NYOctober 29, 2017
Management does not know what they are doing They came from another failed company and now there running this place to the ground that’s why there employees are leaving and no one stays very long pretty soon they will be closing cause no one cares anymore about the employees they talk a big game on safety but their just talking about their own safety
Pros
Managers and supervisor Unexperienced
Cons
You get a paycheck every week
Long ours and expected to work days off
Process Technician II Extrusion (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 17, 2017
You'll be worked to death on a 12 hr shift 3 on 2 off and expexted to work your days off. Your just a number. No appreciation for hard work. Supervisors need anger managemenr classes.
Pros
pays is descent
Cons
half hr lunch, expected to work days off, alot of work for not enough pay...
For sale
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 15, 2017
They are horrible in the corp office! I would not recommend this company....at your own risk!last I heard they are up for sale. Free food is their strength.
Disorganized, Stressful, No raise
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHAugust 12, 2017
When company first opened, things were great. Then, new management moved in from Summerville, N.J. (plant that closed down and we replaced). These people seemed to be corrupt and enforce a ton of ridiculous rules.it seemed to have turned into a sweat shop. One manager was even paying another employee additional hours while OFF the clock for "coming in" earlier. Promotions were given to those who were questionable. Raises were far and I'm between if ever. Long hours were REQUIRED.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Required Overtime
Poor equipment and lack of communication make this place frustrating to work for.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 27, 2017
NO fun at this company!
Management is back and forth with decisions they make daily.
Equipment needs updating, constantly having issues with machinery.
thats it
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 18, 2017
There has been nowhere to advance in the Quality department. But production has advanced people. I like what I do on a day to day. Some days you are so busy that it can be overwhelming and others it can be slow.
Pros
payed lunches 10 hour days four days a week
Machine operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas txJuly 16, 2017
Just to make sure t machin keeps running just to prepare for t next order n have everthing ready for t set up clean my area.help my nagger have enough box for that order
Great Place to Learn a new skill
Lamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Tekni Plex was a Great company to learn a new skill from. I enjoyed my time with this company. I would recommend several of my closest friends to apply for work with Tekni Plex.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
Lack of communication skills
Too much work for little pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 8, 2016
I had me running two lines on my first day. Hired me to be an extruder operator but had me in production putting egg cartons on a line that was going super fast...
Pros
4 breaks
Cons
Low pay
dead end job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVOctober 18, 2016
When you start they make it seen like it's such a great job, but you soon find out that there is no room for advancement and the pay raises are a joke. If you looking for something to do for experience, or just something to get you by its not bad. Don't expect to make a career out of it. Co-workers overall are great to work with, but you soon find out mostly everyone there is very underpaid. Even some of their best operators complain about being underpaid so that right there should tell you. If you have some kind of degree your experience might not be as bad if you fall into a management position, because the management there now isn't very intelligent to say the least. The place has a lot of potential to be great, but have some very weak links.
Pros
good for experience
Cons
true definition of a dead end job
This place is a joke
Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton ilOctober 16, 2016
You work here forever and they will put someone in your position paying them more. You have to go to corporate to find out what benefits you have because HR needs to be trained better. Chain of command is a joke. They're al about getting their bonuses in the office and don't care about the workers out on the floor. Health insurance isnt the greatest. And everyone just talks bad about eachother. It's more of a high school drama fest. It's ridiculous! We need better management.
Terrible place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHSeptember 9, 2016
The company seems to be very unorganized. You get hired for one position but get put on another position. One seems to know what is going on. Training is very brief.
Pros
pay check
Cons
training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tekni-Plex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6