TEKnova Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Formulation Lab Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAMarch 29, 2018
Was hired on for a position only to find out interns aren't allowed in that position a month later. It took them a month to figure out that they had wrongly hired me and then couldn't find anything else for me to do or offer me a temporary position. A lot of unqualified workers. Give interns projects a full-time employee should be doing, and with minimal pay. Communication is terrible and expectations are unrealistic. Don't recommend.
Official response from TEKnova
April 5, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear that your Summer Internship did not meet your expectations. Our Summer Internship program is designed to give students and recent grads a paid opportunity to learn and develop skills in a science based manufacturing environment. Our Summer Interns usually work for approximately 1-2 months. During that time, they may work in one area assisting with daily and routine tasks, or they may work on projects in various departments. Each internship is designed and based on the skills and interests of the intern along with the needs of the company.

Great place to work.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Hollister, CAAugust 13, 2016
It's a great place to work. My coworkers are amazing. Every day is a challenge to make the company better, but you feel you are making difference. Quality and Customer Satisfaction is a priority for all of us.
Pros
Dynamic place, never boring, lots of opportunity to grow.
Cons
Not enough space- we need to extend!
Great opportunity for new experiences
Lab Manager of Reagent Production (Current Employee) –  Hollister, CAJune 8, 2015
Very face pace working environment. Teknova has a drive to deliver products as much as they can as fast as they can to satisfy the needs of all their customers. A typical day would include managing a team to manufacture products, help troubleshoot any issues during the process, and organize the workflow to ensure efficiency between departments.

I've learned how important communication is between departments in order to deliver a product of the best quality we can offer. I've gained awareness that every action performed during manufacturing may have a large effect or consequence on the products' intended use and how detrimental it could be for the end user. The most important lesson I've learned was how to move forward after failing.

My co-workers are my greatest support system. We collaborate together and assist each other in every way we possibly can. We all share the same goals here at this company and believe it takes a team effort to ensure the goals are met.

The hardest part of the job is learning time management. There are numerous tasks to be completed daily, which staying organized and prioritized are the key methods to stay ahead.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding feeling when a product with production issues is solved or when products are produced before the expected ship dates, which in turn increases customer satisfaction.
Pros
Learning experience, high opportunity for internal hire to progress
Cons
Overtime most likely necessary