TekSolv Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 1, 2018
I currently am a full time employee at TekSolv and I enjoy coming to work everyday. There is always something new going on. The work environment is relaxed but busy which makes it easy to find where you fit into the company. The management and supervisors are always trying to find fun things for the employees to do whether it is happy hours, luncheons or cool holiday activities. It is all around a great place to work!
Pros
Fun and great people.
Great ownership & fun place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 31, 2018
I was given the opportunity to start out as an equipment tech.
I worked very hard at it for 5 years and the company always rewarded
me. I then moved to building facility manager along with handling
all equipment. The company always shows to promote within
and i am just excited for the opportunity they have shown in me.
I will not start my journey as a full time salesman in which the
company takes great care of me.
Pros
Yearly Evaluations & Bonuses
Cons
they do not babysit you. They trust you to do your job.
TekSolv -- GREAT Place to Work
IT (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 31, 2018
TekSolv is a very enjoyable place to work. Would highly recommend TekSolv as an employer. Allows the employee to feel as they are part of the decision process in all aspects of the company.
Pros
Relaxed laid-back environment that is not micro-managed
Penny pinching company without loyalty
SAT (Former Employee) –  WV and OhioOctober 15, 2018
Switched the days so that you work 7 days straight, but don't get 7 straight days pays. 3 and 4 days. Moving to security and will try and make you work extra days. They ended paid time off a.mrs said they would give 500 a quarter but invent ways to not pay. Horrible company, but bosses are cool.
Pros
Cons
Penny pinches
All around great place
Fire Watch / rescue (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 3, 2018
Teksolv is one heck of a company to work for the people are amazing they treat you great and you won’t have any problems there unless you go there starting problems
My experience
Hole watch (Former Employee) –  Delaware City, DEMay 25, 2018
Nice place to start, learn a amazing things.working in different areas.staff was great they explained everything as well as videos we watched. The n
Knew what they wanted in their employees.
occupational
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 3, 2018
I thought I was doing a great job and reorganized the whole area getting it up to code and OSHA standards. On down time, painted and found other jobs to help improve the company and then suddenly told that they were going in a different direction in occupational health and I no longer had a job. They waited till all the big bosses were out of town and told me over the phone, we all spent alot of time together and I thought we were friends. No respect for their employees and you never know when they will let you go for no reason.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 10, 2017
Aweful company management and all around bad place to work. They do not care about employees at all. Not paid enough for the work they require you to complete. Lots of unpaid overtime.
Great company to work for
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 17, 2017
Working for Teksolv is great. Management is flexible and easily available. The other people that work here are awesome and make a great work family! You have the opportunity to take as much responsibility as you want and learn many different aspects of the company.
Excellent Company
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 5, 2017
TekSolv is a great place to work. There were some staffing changes last year that made a huge difference for morale and financial reasons. It is the type of place that you can take on as much work and responsibility as you can handle - and can be rewarded for your work.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Still growing and has some growing pains
Just turn around
Technician (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 10, 2017
Teksolv is one huge "somebody knowing someone" type of place. A lot of people know the owners or are best friends with them BUT if your one of those who are not than be on your toes. They reward everyone they know & I have seen great people being let go left & right who aren't apart of "the group". You bust you rear for very little benefits & zero security that you have a job. There is a lot of dead weight here making your job even tougher & will have you scratching your head how they are here but others aren't (who you know). I couldn't imagine anyone working here with a family & never knowing if you will let go any day coming in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Honestly All
stressful
Operations Manager Ohio/West Virginia (Former Employee) –  Ohio/WestVirginiaApril 6, 2017
Could be a great place but, the inability of upper management and the over indulgence of the sense of self worth by upper management leads to greed and poor management selections and decisions. They want high end management but have no structure or tools to do it with. Lack of management experience on the high end and child supervision at the low end.
Pros
Generally good people
Cons
1/3 of the 3 owners worth the time
Pass the buck managers... LIARS, cheats and bulls*#t artists
Site Access Technician (Former Employee) –  Malvern, OHMarch 4, 2017
The freedom associated with this job is great..Until the supervisors get involved. A few are very good bosses, but the majority are worthless. They barely do their jobs, cover up not adequately training their employees and constantly lievto their subordinates and the Company Men...Then they blame the guys in the field for the things that they should be keeping up with.
All the bosses are best buddies, going clear back to high school, a couple years ago, and the best perks are given to them...They don't look out for the guys in the field, could care less about doing their jobs and are scared to death of the Company Men...They refer to their "subordinates" as motherf#@*ers, and don't care to keep consistent contact with their field workers, unless you're their friends on FB.
They want to pass the sensetive work down to the lowliest, least senior employees, and when they do show up on site, they're only there for 10-15 minutes, and gone.
EOR.
Pros
When you never see the bosses for weeks on end
Cons
The bosses
The supervisors are a JOKE
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVAugust 4, 2016
I'm not going into all the details but the number one reason to stay away... Is the supervisors, "think" they own the entire company, acting way above their pay grade and treating new employees like they're nothing. Two, the supervisors are so lazy they won't train new personel properly and throw you out by yourself. Lastly, the manager of the district is so blind he can't even see how bad the supervisors are to the company... so.. stay away from this company and find a different job you'll be glad you did.
Cons
Management, Supervisors
It used to be good
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhJune 29, 2016
They will stab you in the back in a heartbeat. The owner of the company is just greedy and could care less about his employees. Management in the office is also horrible. Things never remain the same.
Good easy work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Malvern, OHJune 15, 2016
I learned minimal things about auto body and that it is something that i like to do. It was only me and another person so no coworker problems. Good times and a fun atmosphere
Pros
Good easy work
interesting
Field Electrician (Former Employee) –  North East, PAFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed my job very much. I loved the work I was asked to complete. I am disappointed that it has come to an end do to lack of work. I liked all of my co workers and working with them made the job much better. The best part of the job was learning and physical work. Feeling satisfied with a good job done at the end of every day.
Pros
travel, learning, friendly co-workers
Cons
lack of work
Loved the people, loved my work, management was non existent
Field technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work would include traveling to 3 to 6 different sites, (drilling rigs, frac sites, work over rigs, etc) installing or performing routine maintenance on H2S and LEL gas detection equipment. At the beginning of the shift a coworker and myself would attempt a game plan and driving route for the day, however the day never went as planned. Emergency call outs, gas calls, and emergency rig ups or rig downs were common, and the job never got repetitive. I learned quickly how to gauge the time I had and the amount of work left. I was proud of the work I did and problem solving was a perk to the job. Rather than replacing equipment I prided myself on my ability to fix equipment in the field, and make sure the customer, that being a company man, or even a rig hand felt comfortable with the conditions of the equipment. However rare it may have been, being in safety, I enjoyed being told that the work I did made someone feel a little safer at work. That was my only priority at work. Safety and Rescue. If I had to walk into an H2S environment I would, if I had to make an unpopular decision, like shutting down a whole rig because the atmosphere was potentially dangerous, I didn't second guess myself. I loved my work. I just wish the company was managed better or at all.
Pros
I enjoyed the experience
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, OHOctober 31, 2014
My co-workers are fantastic we work together to get things done. My supervisor is the best thus far, but the people above my supervisor are very carefree to their employees. We drive about 16 hours a day from site to site making sure our equipment is up to date and working properly to ensure the safety of the companies on that site from gas. Our offer letters gave us a lot but in all reality we got none of it. We keep busting our rears to keep getting things taken from us.
Very rewarding job.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Dealt in customer service, responded to emergency H2S call outs. Performed rescue operations when needed. Installed and repaired RAE monitoring systems.
Pros
One week on- One Week off.
Cons
Poor benefits, poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TekSolv. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight