Tektronix Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA 98683February 13, 2019
Great company to work for. Good benefits, set schedules, set shifts, breaks on time. Listen to your own music while you work. Good pay, clean and safe work environment.
Pros
Reviews for advancement.
Cons
No cons.
Great place to work in the Video Monitoring Group
Application Video Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 13, 2019
Great place to work in the Video Monitoring Group. It was a great place to work for over a decade. Would recommend working for Fortive and Tektronix.
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 20, 2019
So far has been a great place to work. My manager and co-workers have been very supportive. The pay is good and the benefits are very good. I hate to leave.
Will demotivate the most motivated employees
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2019
Management is all over the place. Not logistically, mentally. No job security as managers lose accounts and drop bodies to make their numbers look good. Literally do not know from day to day if you'll be employed. It's encouraged to NOT be a team player, very cut throat. Lack of recognition for employees who bust their tail. Dictatorship, managers want no input from technicians. Understandable why they lose so many accounts year after year.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Management is horrible from lab managers up.
Tektronix
Account Manager III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
Poor Management - new management came in and a lot of good people were let go.

Tough place to work. Benefits are good. A lot of people are frustrated.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Late hours
Great Test equipment Company
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 29, 2018
A pure engineering company with little marketing talent. Great product designed and built by engineers for engineers. Perhaps lacked a bit in marketing prowess.
Ever changing
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAOctober 22, 2018
I was hired as a bench / inhouse calibration technician. On my first day the manager directed me to take the company van and do onsite calibration in Watertown, MA. Management was a revolving door. Ended up on the road for my 1st year. Then I was doing shipping, receiving, inhouse and doing /scheduling onsite calibrations.
Pros
A very different company than the pre-Fortive days
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 1, 2018
Prior to the acquisition of Tek by Danaher (and its subsequent folding into a company called Fortive), it had a very unique work culture - innovation was built into the company DNA and not just given lipservice, management was invested not only in creating great products but creating great talent, and the company stood by their employees through both the fat and lean days.

Since the Danaher/Fortive acquisitions, the unique Tek corporate culture has been chopped up and spit out into a very different thing indeed; one where less is supposedly more (but almost always less). Irrational hiring freezes in the face of record profits, lack of funding for essential tools and infrastructure, and management who fundamentally lack the old-school Tek DNA - managers invested in employees have been replaced with managers making unreasonable schedule pull-ins while providing ever fewer resources to accomplish them. It's very easy for long-term employees to be stuck into a dead end role or to be known as 'the XYZ guy', which makes moving on more difficult if XYZ happens to be a older or less-desirable skill.

One area where Tek still holds onto its old-school ways is the very strong emphasis on work-life balance. You'll find very few people staying late into the evenings and coming in on weekends except in limited circumstances, and managers tend to be very flexible in terms of accommodating changes in schedule. Benefits are competitive and the company still offers a results share plan, though salaries are supposedly lower than average among its peers.

For someone coming into the
  more... company from other companies, none of these things may be particularly unique, but for people who've been around, modern Tek is a very different thing than vintage Tek, and not for the better.  less
Pros
Excellent work life balance, results share, good benefits
Cons
Budget takes priority over needs of dev teams, below average salary
great company to work at, great people
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 22, 2018
all phases of PCB, cables, harness and mechanical assembly.
US Government contracts, Document control, purchase orders, wrote job processes, scheduling, material coordinator, inventory control, Learned to give direction to others and improved my communication skills
relaxed manufacturing assembly line/ cubical work area,
attending all the meetings were interfering with my work, it seemed
the job assignments were interesting, I enjoyed working and mixing with the other employees.
Pros
interesting things to assemble and build
Cons
too many meetings took me away from my work assignments
Great company
System Administrator/Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 18, 2018
Tektronix is a great company to work at in regards to team work with peers, frequent employee appreciation, very friendly co-workers, and on-premise gym and exercise activities available.
Good place to learn but the pay is low.
Field Support Technician III (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 16, 2018
I learn a tremendous amount working here but there were simply no advancement opportunities offered for technicians. The benefits were good but the pay was sub-par for the expertness they expected of us.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
low pay
positive environment
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 25, 2018
Great place to work. Enjoyed troubleshooting electronic products that were defective.Everyday was a challenge to figure out why a product was defective. Management was very supportive. Co-workers were always great to work with. Very good teamwork.Troubleshooting at times could be very stressful but exercising my brain was well worth it.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
Was a great place to work
CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my 10 years. They restructured and there was no room for me to advance. That is the reason that I moved on. If there was a position open in the area I would go back.
Financially Rewarding but a lot of pressure.
National Account Manager to AT&T Wireless (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 6, 2018
I was part of a team selling to and providing support for Tektronix largest customer. Each day there were multiple conference calls with the customer as well as internal calls.
Pros
Financial Rewards were great
Cons
Pressure to meet revenue objectives.
Exelent company to work for
Service Rep. Inspector (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 12, 2018
• Inspect equipment and materials using pre-determined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications of In-process and completed units and subassemblies. Accept, reject or defective or out-of-compliance assemblies. Read and verify conformance with customer-supplied blueprints and specifications. Document and communicate details of inspection results.
Pros
I have never worked somewhere with a more competent staff than at Tektronix.
Cons
none one
Territory Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 1, 2018
Enjoy learning from many great leaders. The travel was not too much for me. Some people travel all the time and some show up at the same place every day year after year.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Service industry
Typical day would be sales calls in territory
Account Manager III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2018
Tektronix was a good place to work until new upper management came in. A lot of people were laid off. Lots of layoffs of the sales force. I'd give it a 3 stars.
internship
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 20, 2018
Tek provided excellent mentorship and opportunity to learn. Enjoyed being part of a inter-disciplinary team, full of unique team players. The campus is fantastic.
Used to be a great place to work before ~2015.
Senior Analog ASIC Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 15, 2018
It used to be that a team would get challenged to meet project goals and then self organize to meet that. In my group we did that 7 times in a row meeting all requirements, on-time and on budget.

There seems to be more of a command and control structure now. There isn't much autonomy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management seems to have lost focus, and morale is very low.
Super great place to work
Senior PCB Designer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 3, 2018
Great place to work until was bought out by Danaher. Prior to that the management was great, wonderful co-workers. Workplace culture was friendly and cooperative. Learned many new skills.
Pros
group lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tektronix. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss