Tel Hai Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Overall
LPN (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAAugust 7, 2018
I hated going to work every day I was scheduled to go to work. Favoritism, special schedules for employees that have been there for years, working as a nursing assistant when you weren't informed of it.
Great co-workers
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAJune 26, 2018
Co-workers are ready to jump in and help when you need it. Residents are wonderful and always have something nice to say to you. Work load can get overwhelming at times but time management is important.
Nice place to work but pay is too low.
Housekeeper/Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMay 31, 2018
Tel Hai is a Retirement Community. It caters to all aspects of aging. there are cottages, apartments, condos, health care and assisted living facilities. Everyone knows your name and what you do. I love speaking with the residents daily as they make it a more enjoyable day for me. the hardest part is learning that a resident passed away. they are all so special too me! Always be happy - with a smile on your face - you will be treated with a nice good morning and smile that will brighten up your day.
don't work here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAApril 17, 2018
High turn over because management here just doesn't care about their staff. You get decent amount of PTO but it's difficult to use because the scheduling department is terrible. You end up just cashing in PTO.
Pros
Decent amount of PTO with cash out option
Cons
Management, and culture
I love the families and residents at Tel-Hai.
Med-Tech (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAApril 14, 2018
I love the idea of Tel-Hai. You visibly see this great place, and in most aspects they are. The families are amazing. The residents can brighten up the worst day. However, management is unaware of some issues, or they are avoiding them. I know most places have issues as well but when supervisors are able to disrespect their subordinates with no interventions it kills the spirit of the facility.. you stop loving your job. Most people get into healthcare for a reason, it’s based on the patient and providing them with care. The med techs and aides are the heart of this place and I think the compensation is not what it should be.
Pros
Uniform reimbursement, 401 with employer contribution, Continuing education assistiance.
Cons
Drama, Heavy work loads, Inconsistency, Lacks leadership
Family
LPN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAApril 7, 2018
Family feel, every one is treated with dignity and respect. Great management, they actually care. Open door policy with supervisor. Very busy work day.
Pros
Residents, management
Cons
Expensive cafe, terrible medical benefits, low pay
Highly recommend yet don't expect too much.
Service Coordinator Associate (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAApril 3, 2018
Tell hai could give more effort to interact with residents as well as appreciate employees more. The pay rate is not efficient enough for today's rate of living.
Pros
Free gym, ok insurance
Cons
Drama between coworkers
fun place to work
Med tech cna (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMarch 30, 2018
typical day would be passing meds out to residents and chatting with them about their day. Getting them ready for bed with doing showers and teeth. hardest part of job is making sure everyone got their meds at right times. I enjoy having one on one with residents and getting to know their backgrounds.
Pros
lunches and dinners come out of check
Cons
healthcare
Depending on the day work would be busy or slow
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMarch 5, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of either opening or closing the pool. Opening I would be in charge of taking the vacuum out of the pool, checking the temperature of the competition pool and spa, unlocking doors at time of opening. During the shift I was in charge of watching over residents and members who would visit the pool making sure they are following the pool rules and staying safe, enforcing rules and/or rescues is applicable. Having two positions I would switch from being a lifeguard and a swim instructor where I would apply my teaching skills and watch over the pool and kids that I am working with and others. Closing the pool consists of making sure equipment is put away and organized, putting the vacuum in the pool, and making sure all lights are off and doors are locked at instructed time of closing. In certain weather conditions it is important to pay attention in case of early closing and delays.
Bad management
Cook/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PADecember 6, 2017
Hard to work with kitchen manager, often was angry and threw boxes. Other employees were very nice and easy to work with. Residents were great and always friendly
Difficult but rewarding job
Culinary Associate (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PANovember 4, 2017
Although the job is very physically demanding and stressful at times it is really rewarding to serve the residents. Management was decent although at times communication was difficult.
Pros
Free food, good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, physical
Very good environment
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PASeptember 19, 2017
I had a great experience being a tel hai employe. Tel hai was my first job in a nursing home setting and I'm glad I got to experience it, I got a certificate in a feeding class, I got to learn about different disorders and disabilitys and behavioral metal health issues
Pros
Great hours and work environment
Cons
Would like more one on one
Great benefits, nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAJune 16, 2017
Honestly, I love working at Tel Hai. The only reason I'm on this site is because they're cracking down on over time right now. Otherwise, I'd continue picking up extra hours here.
Great company to work for
Occupational Therapist PRN (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAJune 8, 2017
This is a great company with a good work culture for PRN staff. I can not speak much to full time staff but I enjoyed my time there as a PRN therapist
Work was what you made of it.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMay 26, 2017
Management worked with me to get a flexible schedule, and the hours were not bad. Dinner was provided for people who worked in the restaurants. Work was consistent each shift.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Residents
Steady work and job security
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMay 24, 2017
Employer guarantees work and provides opportunities to learn and good training. It is the best option for someone who wants to learn and earn job ethics in the area where it is located. It also offers better wages compared with the other retirement communities.

Additionally, it is a fast pace place and employees are always busy. I would recommend this place as a starting point and as a place to stay if someone wants to have a long lasting and rewarding career in the nursing field.
Pros
Better pay than other nursing homes, good working equipment, nice looking place.
Cons
Not enough staff to finish the assignments on time.
alright place nice residents
LPN (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed talking with the residents and helping them .....the state regulations were bad..... that's anywhere........it a nice facility with some great people
Growing Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAApril 1, 2017
Tel Hai is a growing company and has many things to offer residents and families. With more than 500 employees, Tel Hai is also always adding more team members.
Overwork low pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAFebruary 3, 2017
The residents is the only good part when working at tei hai the pay is low they Overwork you..employees gossip about each other they treat the residents good but not there employees
Pros
The residents
Cons
Low pay overwork unprofessional
Tel Hai was an exceptional place to work and worked well with the staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PADecember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Tel Hai. The work load got heavy at times due to low staffing. We also had no sick days but other then that I thought it was a very welcoming atmosphere. I got along well with co-workers and everyone seemed to be helpful. If you needed to change your schedule management would work with you.
Pros
lunch directly out of your pay, flexible scheduling, good pay
Cons
understaffed, no sick time