Teladoc Health Employee Reviews

Sold a Dream
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 19, 2019
I've worked at Teladoc about 8 months now and soon as I got out of training I realized everything I was told was a dream that was not going to come true in this lifetime. The job itself is simple register acct update medical history schedule appointment basic right..yea but QA changes the call flow or requirements almost every week so you can never feel comfortable with your call cause your not sure if any new changes came about while on the call. And don't give the QA manager any suggestions cause he literally said he knows all and does it well but if 80% of the floor is complaining about QA guidelines you can't know everything. The doctors and the call centers are on two different scopes doctors tell patient your medicine will be ready in 30 mins however the pharmacy techs are hours behind. There is no work/life base you barely can use your PTO and once you do its like they steal the time from you I took 2 days off 16hours came back to work I was -24 everything doesn't know how that happened still have payroll looking into cause im currently -69 but with no hours taking. Also don't get sick doctors note are not taking from your PCP E.R or even teladoc. So everyone is coming to work with the flu or strep throat because you get points if you don't and 2 points if it happens on the weekend. I came to work with strep and 100° fever and literally almost fainted I had a doctor note and was admitted to the E.R the day before but the job didn't care told me to leave but I will be getting a point for an occurrence and possible corrective.The job I hate but it pays the bills
Pros
The pay
Cons
Work/life managers
Former Ops Mgr
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 3, 2018
My manager career was unwinding in December 2016. Business plan was failing and somehow it was my fault in that I need to be more aggressive in engaging the doctors to be more active. Teladoc recruits doctors to take calls at their own schedule, yet the director was possessive enough to think they needed to be taking calls when she needed them no matter what they thought or were doing. Doctors who had requested to be only contacted on our Do Not Call List when they were logged in or only during the day received outreach calls anyway, even in the middle of the night. December saw large increases in doctor visits (up 1500) to 5000 a day and doctors taking time off for the holidays during the cold and flu season. Average wait times averaged 3 hours in Texas compared to 10 minutes before. We were leaving voicemails 8 times a day for doctors to take calls and they were annoyed at us to the point where some quit. We were stalking doctors to the point there were massive amounts quitting. Calling an inactive doctor 8 times on a Sunday is harassment. I would call from a different number so the caller ID would be different and caught the full heat of their anger. My boss only said I needed to be more aggressive and call the doctors more times. Ever her boss chimed in to threaten me with my job. Insanity is hoping for a different outcome using the same actions. No guidance on how to improve it except be aggressive. Even suggestions from doctors on the incentive program were dismissed by my boss. Some doctors were willing to do some calls to help, but could not do the 25  more... required for a 50 dollar gift card. Blamed me on lost revenue for calls that took over one hour to respond to since we did not charge for those instances. For December 2016, that was $200,000. I had received a great performance appraisal (not in person) but was denied my annual bonus because their business plan failed. I was coming in on holidays to keep it going and was denied floating holiday time off (2) to make up for my time. So glad I am gone. All the managers I knew have quit or were walked out. Leadership does not exist. I left with a knife in my back, a severance package, and blamed for a failed business plan. All this from a company that has lost millions with no profit in any quarter. They did make changes for the next cold flu season with a whole new group of managers. Toxic.  less
Pros
I am gone
Cons
The management and business practices
Fast pace growing company
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 26, 2018
My typical day at Teladoc would consist of touching 8-10 customer contact for account over 90 plus days. Worked on credit/debits as needed and account disputes and resolve any billing issues, so that invoices can be processed for payment. Worked with account managers and made sure excel and collection notes are accurate and updated.
So many bad things here.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  LewisvilleNovember 12, 2018
Do not accept an offer, you won’t be here long. The pharmacy techs and nurses staff work way way way way out of their scope of practice. Doctors are treated terrible and I mean terrible. They are consistently lied too. How can a physician treat more than a 100 patients in a day and still be considered quality of care? Provider Engagement group hound the Drs at all hours without respect to their personal time. The big leaders in Lewisville are like the mob and there is a mob boss. They don’t play by the handbook or by the rules. The boss protects his skateboarder directors and their girlfriends. They go and come as the please. So much bad stuff goes on here. This company Is like a blanket, covered up. Oh and that PHI that is supposed to be protected, it’s freely available for most to view.
Pros
Coffee and bulletproof glass
Cons
Different rules for different folks.
Call Center with Good Ideas with no execution
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 12, 2018
Teladoc is a good place to work, however there are many things that if changed would really help people stay there. 1st, tenure is not respected no matter how long you're there, then management has no say so which is very frustrating, and the QA department is very difficult to please, other than that it's a good place to be.
Not the best place to work
Senior Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2018
New company that still has a lot of room for growth. They are very unorganized and it is like the blind is leading the blind. High turnover rate as well.
Recruiter
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 15, 2018
I received a phone call and had a discussion was told they would call me back the next day for further discussion, waited for 30 minutes at the arranged time and no one ever called. Horrible way to treat people.
Teladoc
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  1945 lakepointe drAugust 31, 2018
the employees are hardworking, respectful and amazing to work with- The one thing management should work on is their communications. Other than this I truly like working here.
Former employee for a reason
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 30, 2018
Managements lack of skills/skillset was a huge issue. You are not able to have a life as they constantly ask you to work so much overtime due to the high turnover rate and scheduling issues.
Pros
I was employed; free consultations
Cons
Managements lack of skills, hours; lack of training; no sick time; point system is ridiculous
Horrible Management
RX Fulfillment Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 7, 2018
Management is unaware and does not care of the day to day duties the Pharmacy Techs have to perform and do not want to hear your suggestions to make things better
Nice company
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2018
This is a nice starter company to work for to get your feet wet, and to learn the different platforms that the company have. The hours are okay and the pay is alright and could be raised a little bit.
Pathetic Group of Idiots
Operations (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 19, 2018
Run, walk, crawl... do whatever you need to do to get away from that place. A group of dumb leaders from the top down. Dumb and dumber leading an organization and departments.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list...
Extremely stressful environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2018
I loved teladoc for the first year that has changed a lot.Managment is on a power trip and knows absolutely nothing about the actual job and aren't capable in assisting you with anything because they don't know! They gossip on the floor and are just unprofessional. QA changes daily and we are expected to work under a tremendous amount of stress on top of work place harrassment from leadership. The pay is awesome, but I hate my job and managers! RUN while you can!
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Management's ignorant attitude, QA and rules that change daily
Job is nice but company needs to grow up system and process wise
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
Systems need complete overhaul. Management is typical. Pay is good. Job is easy but they make it hard always coming up with new versions of rules and employees do not feel valued.
Not even if it was the last job on earth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 26, 2018
Unethical and unprofessional leadership. Stressful environment where leaders take credit for the work of others. Poor company culture with no transparency.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Culture, stressful environment, and lack of leadership
Good company to work for
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 10, 2018
Teladoc is a good company to work for with plenty of advancement opportunities. The work is easy if you pay attention to details. Sometimes the hardest part of the job can be dealing with members you are unable to locate but you always have assistance available to ensure success on the calls. Management is good and the workplace environment is typical of any call center.
Pros
job wide events, free food, prizes
Wonderful
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 6, 2018
The over all experience with Teladoc has been great. The only thing is moving up with the company is really hard. Management needs to be more aware of the Leadership and if that happens it could promote a better environment.
Pros
Money
Cons
Career Advancement
Great place to advance
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 19, 2018
It was great place diffrent from my normal work duties but I still enjoyed the position. Very competitive and was still ablento interact with patients and healthcare provider's from multiple states.
Great Workplace
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 6, 2018
Teladoc is an extremely great and profitable company to work for. I began my career at Teladoc in August of 2015. The workplace culture is very positive, our management teams ideas are very effective and our CEO makes great decisions that impacts the entire company in a great way.
Average Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Good company to work for. However the salary wages could be way more competitive. This is a good job to be in if your starting your career. Upper HR management sucks.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Low pay, lack of communication from higher up, and terrible communication all around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teladoc Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss