Telamon Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive and fun work environment
Center Aide (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 13, 2018
Greet families, help teachers with the children in the classes. set up playgrounds, step into teacher role when someone is out. The est part of my day was seeing the children smile.
Cons
no outside foods
Great place to work at
Family Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MIJuly 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my job with Telamon, it worked great for me being this is a seasonal position and I enjoyed interacting with families, getting to know the personnel and working in harmony
Pros
Seasonal position
Could have been better
Director (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 16, 2018
Telamon worked under an unstable environment. Layoffs were always a threat. I didn't feel secure there, nor did I feel that I would be able to grow as a professional.
Pros
Working with a diverse group of people
Cons
Layoffs were a regular part of the culture
Not a good place to work
Tactical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home (Virtual)July 2, 2018
Not a good place to work. Kept increasing workload but was never satisfied with the amount of work done. Straight salary with no overtime although most of the time you average working 60 + hours a week to keep up with the workload which in the end was not enough and I was laid off because there was not enough work to keep me.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Wants you chained to your desk 24/7
Negative Center
Teacher (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 30, 2018
Telamon is very stress center I have never seen so much negative in a center .The center director is not professional at all she has her picks. This center is a mess is always short staff because they can't keep help and the teachers and the center aids have pay for it, you work your behind off to get nothing but you did this wrong or you should have done this it's always negative no matter what you do.
Family centered
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 30, 2018
creating relationships with clients
working with team to establish key players
calls to set up the project timeline
working to complete project on the timeline given by client
Excellent Company
Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  NCApril 23, 2018
Telamon Corporation have Head Start Program, Housing Program and NFJP Program. All programs are good. The Head Start Program have two branches: the Migrant and the Regional. In the Migrant part is a Seasonal job and the Regional is 10 months, you will have two month off. The Housing Program and the NFJP is Full-time-year round. At Telamon Corporation you can grow your career.
Pros
Healthcare, Life Insurance, 1 hour break
Cons
Stressful, Annual Goals
Good company to work for.
Level 4 Installer (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 9, 2018
Telamon is a good company to work for. Especially in a managerial position. I would still be working for them but I was layed off due to the lack of work in my region. Telamon's primary source of revenue is it's business with AT&T. The work load since the start of the year is down 37% which caused a massive layoff country wide for Telamon.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 29, 2018
Working at Telamon was a good experience. My co-worker and I got along great. The company had great benefits. However the position being grant funded, the area office was closing due to cut backs from the government.
Pros
good PTO
Cons
Stressful
Great Benefits
Headstart (Current Employee) –  DelawareMarch 24, 2018
The job itself is amazing, a long with what it has to offer.
However, the day to day stress of my specific location is draining. Each day you go to work, do your job, do your best with what you are given or have at hand and still are picked apart. Sadly as I speak to fellow co workers many want to leave but the benefits and pay make it hard, then some get fed up enough with the negativity and lack of appreciation they take the pay cuts and decrease in benefits because the weight lifted off their shoulders is better than anything else.
I enjoy my job itself, I enjoy working with kids, creating activities, and building relationships with families. I appreciate the pay, benefits and working hours. Working under folks who are always negative, always finding fault (even if it's just simple things like I would do it this way not that way) and an unhealthy type stress and constant lack of appreciation begins to take its toll.
Paid well but unfortunately overworked often
Home Visitor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2018
Home Visiting provided the ability to make your own schedule was sometimes allotted. Often gray areas with job responsibilities constantly being added.
Pros
Flexible Hours and schedule, training, travel and benefits
Cons
Working nights/weekends, hours can be late according to program families schedule, advancement is not qualified applicant based, lack of care for employees in the Home visitor role. added job duties
Nice
Customer Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 1, 2018
Been a long time but okay company. I worked with a Temp service that sent me there that was back in 2004.
They did not have much work at the time I got laid off
Productive always and professional when necessary
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 28, 2018
Always an open work environment, open to new ideas. Management was there to help whenever needed. Compassionate about the tasks at hand in order to please co-workers. Various employee activities to help know and understand the diverse cultural setting
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Management would not always accept advise on unknown subject matter
instillation lead T4
Lead on T1 Migration and instillation (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 7, 2018
A lot of traveling but very fun and competitive work very motivating and you get to learn and install different systems makes it fun and challenging... Great place
Pros
great place to work
Cons
traveling
flexibility has pros and cons
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 1, 2018
Telamon is a great company to work for if you prefer to work alone. Group collaboration is at the organization level based on managers need. There are no team building events or functions, everything is very segregated. A typical work day involves going to the office and working in a cubicle environment. The co-workers are pleasant but keep to themselves, not many employees eat in the lunch room because the office is outdated and barely accommodating. There will be no free coffee or snacks but vending machines are available. Telamon is accommodating for work life balance with work from home flexibility, if your manager is understanding of family life and allows you to work remote that is the biggest perk to the job. There is little reward to the job so its employee created satisfaction. If you enjoy interacting with your clients, colleagues, self identified goals, etc... then that is your reward.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not the friendliest office environment
A great place to meet great people and learn new things!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 1, 2018
Telamon as with most places has it's pros and cons. Altogether it has been a great place for me to learn new things. I asserted myself from a temp to become a team lead. I've met a great amount of people who've inspired and motivated me to do an excellent job. They have shown me how to make high quality product. Not only was it at times hard work, I enjoyed doing my job.
Pros
Great place to learn new things and meet new people. Great benefits.
Cons
Gets really hot in the summer time!
A good place to work
CENTER AIDE (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 30, 2017
A good place to work. I really wished that it didn't have to closed it's doors.. it's was a very good working experience for me. I learned a lot and for the county in that I lived in the pay was good.
Over work, low paid
Tech Level IV (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 28, 2017
Worked days and maintenance windows with little rest. Jobs bid to low and expected the Lead tech to get it done with incorrect engineering and missing materials.
Pros
company vans
Cons
No respect for the field techs, poor health insurance
Okay place to work. Depends on local management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 10, 2017
Bullying by upper management.Working there was stressful. Nothing positive shared with staff. Favoritism was shown by upper management.Great team work among teachers and family services.
Pros
Teachers are team players
Cons
Lot of bullying- managerment
No Career Advancement
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCDecember 6, 2017
What you get is what you get! Basically they were no raise involved, poor management! Even though you're the instructor, she micro manage everything! It is either the director way or no way! She is very disrespectful and she only thinks about herself. She is barely there, and it is a lot of pressure on one person. Then, you have to travel to another site. Its the worst place I've ever worked honestly. I've hold my peace so much at this job until the way I felt came out all at once!