Telecare Corporation Employee Reviews

poor upper management and chaotic work environment
Personal Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 4, 2018
No support from upper management. understaff and low pay. Staff are overworked due to understaffing. poor work culture and morale. no support in job advancement or training. manipulative management style. no organizations with systems and staff are poorly trained. constant staff turnover. documentation and paperwork is priority, taking away from client care. clients are underserved and not given the quality of care they need. lots of staff and client complaints about upper management and no resolutions to problems that arise.
Everyday\ minute is different
Recovery specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 29, 2018
A typical day doesn't exist. Can be fun. An always learning something. You can never know too much at this job. You help out so much with other adults having serious issues. Can be stressful. Must have patience an willing to listen to be able to help. Hardest part for me is when you can't connect to the client to be able to help.
Pros
Its a job you can feel good about doing
Cons
Can be dangerous
Girls' club
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 9, 2018
Not much opportunity for any growth. Leaders are a small group who do not like outsiders to infiltrate. It is run by social service folks who really do not have the experience to be effective leaders
Awesome place to work!
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 7, 2018
I’ve been with Telecare for 18 years, worked in four different programs and enjoyed every minute of it. I’ve been promoted a few times, and they have always accommodated my personal needs. I just relocated and was able to transfer to a different program with all my benefits without having to wait for a probation period.
Unethical culture
CERTIFIED PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CANovember 7, 2018
while working at the CSU it seemed like the facility would be great for the community. after working there for a little while it turned into a very negative drama filled culture.
Pros
serve community
Cons
unhealthy culture
stressful
CASE MANAGER, PSC (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
coworkers are great but there is lack of leadership, management is ran by individuals on a power trip . the population you work with is a difficult one and management does not make it any easier on you .
Compassionate work
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 31, 2018
Love the work Telecare does, taking care folks with mental illness is much needed. I enjoyed being a part of helping others.
They need to focus more on training and employee professionalism.
Pros
Great cause
Cons
Poor professionalism
Horrible management,unsafe working conditions
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  sacramanetoOctober 16, 2018
Horrible place to work, nurses beware! You will be put in unsafe working conditions that will place your license at risk. Management and quality of your coworkers is sub standard. Staff members are unprofessional and management will find a way to get rid of you if you complain. Tons of favoritism.
Pros
the patients
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 11, 2018
It's hard to explain my time working for Telecare. It has been both so rewarding and so challenging. I have learned so much and am grateful for all of the opportunities that I was afforded in my time as Clinical Director.
Non responsive management. layers of management that do not communicate well
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 9, 2018
Initial impressions of Telecare were positive. There was a great sales pitch crafted to appeal to the caregiver and promising a vision to improve care for the most vulnerable in the community. This has proven to not be the case, the only engagement that happens is on the front lines.
Pros
stock options and time off
Cons
lack of action plan to accomplish the vision
Boring and unappreciated
Medical (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 7, 2018
High turnover
Poor training.
90% people gone within 2yrs.
They hire untrained people and if they make mistakes thy get fired at 4:30 PM when Heye cannot apply for unemplymenng and the other staff cannot complain.
Medical staff is odered around by no medical staff. It is only in the interest of this poor company.
Pros
Some people are friendly.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, poor trainining and supervision
Telecare Corporation
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 5, 2018
It is a new company in Washington. It is a For Profit Mental Health system.
I must truly say I love my job and the people I work with. However the Leadership in Washington is lacking. We are in dire need of a complete outreach of company leadership here to ensure the Ideals of Telecare are instilled. We still have no local leaders and it is starting to truly wear on the people here trying to work without proper guidance.
Best place I ever worked.
Personal Service Coordinator II. Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CAOctober 4, 2018
The work that is done at Telecare is needed or the community and for the people they serve. The staff there is very professional and skilled in serving adults with mental illness.
Cons
Mission & values are not practiced
Personal Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 26, 2018
New employees do not get necessary training nor support to succeed. Work culture is negative and supports clicks and favoritism. Members are treated poorly.
Changing Culture Environment
Personal Service Coordinator II, PSC II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2018
Working at Telecare allowed me to learn about myself in relationship to mental health members. I learned how to engage members in building rapport. I also learned communication skills and how to advocate skills, for my members and myself. However, there was a lot of understaffing and many times employees were expected to perform qt 100% with only 30% of staff. New staff came, which allowed for a new culture to be created.
Pros
Learned how to work with mental health members and attempts to create a new working culture.
Cons
understaffed
Fast Paced with unreasonable expectations
PSCII Substance Abuse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 25, 2018
My experience with this particular job was more of a challenge than I was expecting. I found the management style to be "just get it done" despite the caseload expectations of daily documentation, of less than 2 hours to record 6 hours of client interaction. I think they purposely hire young inexperienced social service job seekers, because they can place on them these unrealistic expectations of detailed clinical documentation without them having any experience in the field of intensive case management of the chronically mentally ill population they serve. Telecare Corporate office has no idea of the pressure that is put on employees daily in the Long Beach office.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Hard to manage expectations of the job requirements.
Nice place to work, with great coworkers
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 16, 2018
Working here was truly an eye opening experience. Everybody who worked in our particular facility, including floor staff all the way to the Administrator were truly caring, dedicated people.
Great Place to Work
PERSONAL SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 5, 2018
Great place to work and interact with multiple personalities and clients. Multicultural place with a positive environment. Interact with community and resources.
A company that values the mission
Administration (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 24, 2018
Finding a private group performing public sector work that operates recovery oriented services, is a rarity. This company will use innovation, collaboration and a "whatever works for the client" approach, when serving individuals in the community.
The new pilot program TCAT was recently labeled by a current employee as posting a "case manager position" disguised as a "clinician position". That kind of short-sightedness really ought to be addressed, since the distinction between what those duties are can be dependent upon the skills and clinical acumen of the staff member. If they see themselves as "glorified case managers" then I suspect they have not looked beyond their antiquated perspective of public sector service providers. In regards to another opinion about "profit" being the motive, I can tell you that Telecare's margin in contracts is no different than most NPOs, and far far less than hospital systems. A comment contrary to that is most likely a lack of understanding of the tax status of organizations in general and certainly not their operating and budgetary positions.
Pros
Innovative and proactive
Cons
Have to think outside the box
lacking motivation to leave
Recovery specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEAugust 19, 2018
Not enough consistency when it comes to rules. Residents need to be accountable for their actions. A few too many rights such as not participating in their recovery is a set up for failure. No advancement opportunities but it is a good experience with being in the field.
Pros
friendly staff, flexible schedule
Cons
Lacks consistency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telecare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight