Telecare Corporation Employee Reviews

Terminate at will
PSCII (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 9, 2019
This company will push you out or terminate you if you make a decent salary and don't play by their rules. They do not care about you or the clients, just the bottom dollar.
Management skills are poor. Too much favoritism. I
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA GarfieldJanuary 31, 2019
Stay away from this company. It’s too unprofessional. If you’re at the top of the pay scale they will find anything to get rid of you. DON doesn’t have a backbone and the administrator should have a bed there alone with the patients
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Forced to work overtime on night shift
Poor Transparency
Case Manager/Personal Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 27, 2019
Poor Management Lack of Empathy and Training around self care ans its importance Time Consuming and after hours crisis line has others employees stressed
Poor management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 26, 2019
Poor management. The company has potential but the management is terrible! There’s no wonder there is a high turnover. They lack work ethics, lack support for their staff.
Pros
Some room for growth
Cons
Pooor management
Wonderful to service residents
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Great services for residents help people get what they need to become healthy and independent again. Teach people how to manage their illnesses so they can become productive individuals again.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
some workers have wrong attitude towards residents
Favoritisms and politics from top to bottom
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Worse place I have ever worked in my life. Politics, favoritisms and power trips is management’s strong points. I worked hard and tough but at the end of the day I wasn’t part of the clique so they found small things to point fingers at and fire me.
Pros
Great place for patients
Cons
Bad place for staff
Stop wasting my time by making me write reviews
Recovery Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Portland ORJanuary 12, 2019
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty twenty one twenty two
Very fun place to work with great coworkers.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 5, 2019
The job has high turnover rates which can be rough.

The people who do work there are very supportive and friendly. It gives off a very family oriented vibe.
We held classes to teach basic life skills our clients
councilor. (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 26, 2018
Come into work have a group meeting teaching life skills,take test, go over medication management,arts n crafts,feed lunch do some sort recreational games.
Personal level talking,1on1 this is a typical day. Finish our reports.
Pros
Free lunch, free healthcare
Cons
I could actually see no cons.
It was a great learing experience for a beginner in mental health
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Steilacoom, WADecember 19, 2018
Enjoyed getting my foot in the door in the mental health fieldit was a great starter experience i learned alot and was able to take my skills and move on to a better mental health job
Horrible management
On Call Clinician (Current Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 13, 2018
Fast paced and great training as you go. You learn clinical skills on your own, not from management or supervisors. Pay is poor. But management is horrible and can be unsafe with unstable patients.
poor upper management and chaotic work environment
Personal Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 4, 2018
No support from upper management. understaff and low pay. Staff are overworked due to understaffing. poor work culture and morale. no support in job advancement or training. manipulative management style. no organizations with systems and staff are poorly trained. constant staff turnover. documentation and paperwork is priority, taking away from client care. clients are underserved and not given the quality of care they need. lots of staff and client complaints about upper management and no resolutions to problems that arise.
Everyday\ minute is different
Recovery specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 29, 2018
A typical day doesn't exist. Can be fun. An always learning something. You can never know too much at this job. You help out so much with other adults having serious issues. Can be stressful. Must have patience an willing to listen to be able to help. Hardest part for me is when you can't connect to the client to be able to help.
Pros
Its a job you can feel good about doing
Cons
Can be dangerous
Girls' club
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 9, 2018
Not much opportunity for any growth. Leaders are a small group who do not like outsiders to infiltrate. It is run by social service folks who really do not have the experience to be effective leaders
Awesome place to work!
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 7, 2018
I’ve been with Telecare for 18 years, worked in four different programs and enjoyed every minute of it. I’ve been promoted a few times, and they have always accommodated my personal needs. I just relocated and was able to transfer to a different program with all my benefits without having to wait for a probation period.
over worked and under paid.
Assitant house cordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 7, 2018
Love working with individual's when helping them reach their full potential.
Hardest thing was managing all task through out the day while taking care of individual's when it came to paper work and rehabilitations and meeting productive goal for the month and planning and servicing activities daily and cooking and grocery shopping and supply shopping all in the time we are to take care for individuals. By the time you got off work you are extremely tired to do anything or on your day off. extremely exhausting. Management will that is another store in it self. When staff did take time off it was not for long due to the demand of staffing issues.
Pros
love working with individuals to help them reach tehir full poteintal.
Cons
Not enough tiem for vaction or time off do to staffing issues
Unethical culture
CERTIFIED PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CANovember 7, 2018
while working at the CSU it seemed like the facility would be great for the community. after working there for a little while it turned into a very negative drama filled culture.
Pros
serve community
Cons
unhealthy culture
stressful
CASE MANAGER, PSC (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
coworkers are great but there is lack of leadership, management is ran by individuals on a power trip . the population you work with is a difficult one and management does not make it any easier on you .
Compassionate work
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 31, 2018
Love the work Telecare does, taking care folks with mental illness is much needed. I enjoyed being a part of helping others.
They need to focus more on training and employee professionalism.
Pros
Great cause
Cons
Poor professionalism
Horrible management,unsafe working conditions
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  sacramanetoOctober 16, 2018
Horrible place to work, nurses beware! You will be put in unsafe working conditions that will place your license at risk. Management and quality of your coworkers is sub standard. Staff members are unprofessional and management will find a way to get rid of you if you complain. Tons of favoritism.
Pros
the patients
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telecare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight