TeleDirect

Clear
2.9Pay & Benefits

TeleDirect insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Teledirect

I think teledirect is a decent work from home job. You create your own work and life balance. They offer a decent wage but there are higher paying work at home jobs.

Pros

Work at home

Cons

Pay

This place sucks and the pay is too low for all the hard work you put in!

The pay is way too low for all the calls you receive and the different many scripts you have to be familiar with. Sometimes the call volume is so high you can’t even breathe!! They try to be strict about things that don’t matter. They change rules in the company without notifying you. In order to find out about the changes you have to ask the question and that is simply ridiculous! They are stingy with the pay you barely get a raise. $1.50 at the most or they offer you a position with higher pay that doesn’t meet your schedule. I can’t wait to quit.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Low pay, Barely get a raise

Worst Company Ever

Worked 5 plus years and the company laid off all California except their favorites remote leaders and client services. The company did not wish to pay the wages for 20 plus agents. They rather pay low wages out of state. This company is money hungry they can car less about their employees

You work from home

You can not advance with this company. Their point system is designed for employees to fail. Nothing with this company makes sense. God bless you with them. They promoted good things to get you in but after that everything is down hill. This is a job for someone who does not care about advancing or getting raises in your pay.

Pros

You work from home

Cons

Point system, low pay, customers are the worst in the world, their cleints talk to the employees like you work for them Not TeleDirect.

Worst company I have ever worked for

Micromanagement - I'm told what time I'm allowed to use the bathroom. Managers lie to me.Script is full of mistakes. I get marked down if I don't follow the script, and marked down if I do because "I should know the script is wrong". I can't never win with that logic. Daily technical issues that are taken out of my pay. Never felt valued as an employee or a human being. Calls with irate people are none stop my entire shift. I only work here out of desperation for a job.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Micromanagement, dishonest management, poor training, no holidays, low pay, bad benefits, late checks and unpaid hours

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

I love working from home.

I love working from home. This is my first job working for a call center and working from home. This job has been a crazy but it does get the bills paid.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Bad insurance premiums

Relaxed and Laid Back Place to work

I love working from home. I been here for a year now and I have no complaints. They work around your schedule. They help me when I have issues and the pay is good for the work that’s done. They give raises and bonuses when you come to work on time. The work is very easy.

Pros

work around schedule, raises, bonuses, easy laid back work, work from home, hiring process fast and easy

Cons

Not enough pay for the stress of work

Honestly, I feel as if this isn’t a really good job. They stress you out about following a script that is published however most of the time the script isn’t helpful at all. They want you to read it word for word however most time on some clients it’s not finished or they don’t have a number to call directly to get the company. The managers respond slow and they have bad attitudes. It’s a high volume call center paying 10.50. That definitely isn’t enough compensation to deal with the bad attitudes and mad managers.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Bad managers not enough pay

Productive and fun place to work

Flexible hours and paid training , meeting new people and great benefits. Awesome training program. Friendly co workers and instructors. Great place to work.

Pros

Remote, don't have to commute

Low Pay

Work-life balanceWeekends are required pay is low.OverallThe pay is very low and weekends Are required.. The hours are not good for work life balance. Working until 8 pm on Saturdays suck since i haven't worked weekends in over 10 years

Not hard , work at home

Nice company, work with you. I had no issues I would recommend or work there again. They are flexible. Pay is over the minimum wage. Always assistance for every call your on.

Overall as a company it could be a lot better.

The job doesn’t pay enough. The pay is also bi weekly. The people that call on are very rude. Management does don’t help people when they need it most, they pass it off to someone else.

Pay

The pay is too low for you to have to read so many different scripts. The customers can be a bit demanding and unruly sometimes. Overall the company has great benefits and the management is awesome!

Remote Agent

I've been working for Teledirect for over a year now and it has its pros and cons first I will start off with I am very grateful for my job. When first starting with Teledirect i loved that I am working from home but when I found out that the in house agents get way better benefits then the remote agents and we work just as hard i was a little upset now when I first started everything was great now the rules don't make since they find any excuse to give you an occurrence and are slow to take it off if you have a problem with payroll they are slow to respond to you or just in general if you have a problem. The pay starts at 10.00 also so there's that and you barely get a raise.

Teledirect is s a great place to work

Teledirect promotes from within, great group of people in management. The provide merit raises on employeement time automatically. Until you are in Management the remote CSR are a fairly new program for the Company.

Great company and Accomodating if you speak to them!

I have been with Teledirect for about 3 weeks. My 2nd day a tornado came through where I live and knocked out power. They were very understanding and nothing was held against me. The end of my 2nd week I was rushed to the hospital due to heart issues and while I was penalized with occurrences for the last half of my shift and missing my next scheduled day, they cut them in half once doctor's note was submitted. I have had to change my availability due to my health and they have been very accommodating with that as well. I have no issue. I do wish the pay was higher and the benefits were explained but its decent and you can easily earn bonuses for the month.

Pros

Great managers, easy work, fexible hours

Cons

Pay, penalized for medical emergencies even with note

Terrible

Horrible place to work they screw with your hours so much you never get paid what you're supposed to. A few months ago there was an issue with our paychecks instead of communicating and being honest about when we would actually get paid they kept lying and covering up the truth nobody got paid for two weeks basically a few days before our next pay period do not work here very low budget managers are rude

Customer Services

Great job, but if your internet or your monitor goes out you won't get paid for not working. And I think you should get paid more with what we do and how busy we are daily.

Flexible hours

The opportunity Teledirect offered me has been an amazing one due to me being a full time student I need a higher paying position for my school expenses and cost of living. I honestly am really thankful for the flexible hours Teledirect was able to offer me due to my school schedule.

It’s not for everyone, but I could handle it

The calls come in at times rapidly, so I had to train myself to get used to it. There’s a lot of benefits and opportunities with this job, and events for their employees!

Pros

Gym reimbursement, paid vacation, paid sick leave, mandatory lunch, holiday events

Cons

Fast paced, can become stressful at times

Unethical

This company is unethical and you are expected to take calls from unethical, criminal companies. Yes, you have to lie to innocent ppl and It's draining repeating the same lie over and over. Management is shady and will deliberately attempt to sabotage your numbers to prevent a "raise" of one whole dollar. I've had my time clock reset while on break to make it seem like I'm late which results in an "occurance". Basically management comes across as ppl who are powerless in their personal lives and take it out on ppl they think they have control over. Lame, but I guess it's human nature. If ppl can get away with being unprofessional, they will, without a doubt. It's extra income but seemingly not even worth that.

Pros

Cons

Basically minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleDirect. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare TeleDirect with