Teledyne Employee Reviews

Experience
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CA.January 4, 2019
My company is good place to work for and my current manager is absolutely helpful with us. Everyday is a different experience with my job. There is always challenges and sometimes issues before completing a job which makes it very challenging. This always helps me to gain more knowledge of resolving problems and knowing people more. It is more of a technical than a clerical work which I believe having a degree makes it more valuable.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the teamwork with my group.
Pros
Everyone is friendly in this company.
Cons
Sometimes I find it hard to process a request when parts are not organized, lost, or not accounted correctly in the system.
Good Place to work
Multi Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 27, 2018
I'll start things off. On the most basic level, I enjoy talking with people. My job provides me an opportunity to put that basic urge to use for a purpose. I'm a very social person since before the word "social' meant anything other than in-person. I Was able to be creative with great results. Developed some strong work relationship that carried on after being laid off. Great people to associate with.
When Contracts are up and running this is a great place to work.
locations, CAD Instructor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 31, 2018
Teledyne Brown Engineering was my first professional technical job that I ever had. Working on the documentation of Payloads for more than a dozen Shuttle flights was a privilege and an honor. For 14 years management was very helpful and friendly. Then the contract ended and there were too many elbows at the table and it was time to look elsewhere.

Pressures on management mount when they have to deal with letting people go. My immediate manager did not take those changes well.
Pros
Great corporate culture
Cons
Government contracts come and go.
Emphsis on wellness in addition to providing exellent product for the customer
Senior Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 11, 2019
Work consists of a variety of projects in various stages of environmental analysis. Must be able to organize and plan for deliverables to meet deadlines.
Hardest part of job is obtaining government funding in a timely manner so work is not stopped.
Pros
Gym provided on site
Cons
Must rely on government funding
Caution
Process engineer (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 5, 2018
Actual duties will not match the job description. They claim collaboration with other departments in the req, but discourage it in real practice.
Follow the rules, do your job, changes will not be accepted regardless of ROI or benefit.
There is no desire for improvement. They fear change like most companies. The majority of the staff are long time employees, they like how things are and do not and will not deviate. Very disappointing knowing what they could potential become. They are looking for mindless worker bees, not improvers or innovators.
Not interested in developing the employees, no training opportunities exist, no professional development activities are approved.
'Do what we tell you to do, nothing more.'
Pros
Cons
Management, no change mentality, no advancement opportunities, no development opportunities
Good Company
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Nice, caring people and laid back work environment. Management does not micro manage, which is a plus. Management is understanding and flexible when you need to take time off or leave early. The pay could be better. The people here are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Laid back working environment takes stress off worrying about getting the job done.
Cons
Laid back working environment can be troublesome when you want things to get done on a timeline.
Questionable management, high work load for low pay
Equipment Operator/assembler (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 4, 2018
The pay did not match up to the responsibilities and quality assurance assumed. Management was very poor in that it felt very hostile and stressful. Leaders were quick to discipline first, then ask questions and look for a remediation later. There was very little support and “looking out for the employees” by management.
It has been an interesting Career with challenges
Administrative Functional Support/Materials Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 27, 2018
I spent 28 years working at Teledyne Brown, and of course this relationship has been up and down, but for the most part, I've enjoyed a great career. I've gained much and been involved in some challenging experiences
Pros
Great People
Cons
little pay raises
Good Place to Work but work varies with the price of oil. Up and Down
Senior Observer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
A Very Good company to work for, if you are single, don't mind traveling. Could have went out of business when oil crunch hit in about 1982. About 80% of company was laid off . Two of us went to work offshore with the company. If still in business, a very good company to work for.
Pros
Good Raises, Advancement, Incentives.
Cons
All work is related to oil industry.
Exiting opportunities
VP Global Operations (Former Employee) –  Denmark, EuropeSeptember 16, 2018
Teledyne Marine gave me the unique opportunity to both be a part of a large US organisation and learn how such US organisation is controlled, but also, and the is very unique, relocate 3 US production entities to Europe, and thereby acquiring in debt knowledge about technology, organisation and operations in an US company and being able to compare to European culture.
Fast paced and stressful
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 17, 2018
Worked in a production environment that was sales based and bonus based. Production could not keep their promised due dates which negated the bonus option and left our clients missing deadlines.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and management
Cons
Lack of meeting deadlines due to production
Challenging and rewarding
Lead/Precision Assembly (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 11, 2018
My day starts early, production meeting in the morning,then update the status of the units monthly requirements, update and expedite material shortages.
The hardest part is when a supplier cannot comply with the agreed date of delivery.
Fun time is when we meet the deadline and a positive feedback from customers.
Pros
Recognition and incentives!
Cons
N/a
competative and fast paced.
Research and Development Technician (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Teledyne is a company that has may business units spread all over the world incompasing many different applications of science and technologies. the working enviorment is fast paced and very compedative place to work.
Pros
great place to gain experiance
Cons
little room for advancement in my position
Good Company just bad timing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 16, 2018
Overall this was a good company to work for. The days were manageable, the morale of others was generally high. I will say i did have a negative experience with the shift supervisor, but I wont hold that against him seeing as how he had just been promoted and didn't quite know how to handle his new position.
It is a research-focused company and has a good balance between work and family. It also gives the freedom for employee to make their own judgement.
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 17, 2018
The management team is traditional, they are nice and caring. Teledyne scientific and image is a research focused company and has different culture from other product oriented ones. The employee has time to follow and work on the leading edge technology.
Temporary Contractor
Senior Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 1, 2019
As a temporary Contractor, provided pre-award contract support for Teledyne, who was awarded a $25 million contract from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Very Political
Very Good
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 8, 2018
Good group of manufacturing and quality managers with solid base of manufacturing personnel. Solid range and versatile manufacturing skill levels. Exceptional range of engineering, product and service. Quality minded culture with practical application.
Government Contractor
Industrial Safety Hazardous Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AROctober 24, 2018
This contractor is worst. They cared about no one. It was tough to get noticed if you weren't one of the good ole boys. The pay was decent, but they offered no benefits since it was a temp position.
Pros
pay
Cons
nepatisim
Productive, hard working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Teledyne because of the people. All hard working people; with challenges being offered every day.

I learned new technology (i.e. using WebEx) in order to run meetings for people off site.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Being laid off
Don't waste your time, this is the worst job in the world !
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 6, 2018
Don't waste your time, this is the worst job in the world ! Bad people. Bad work environment. Don't apply. You will regret it. There are better places every ware. Not this place.
Pros
Cons
Everything !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teledyne. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

5.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss